the clipper woes

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
the clippers have lost 5 straight, and are looking at the possibility of falling out of HOME COURT seedings in the WC playoffs...

if the losing streak continues, they may find themselves out of playoff contention altogether...

what has brought on the recent troubles?

some would argue that the team sorely misses corey maggette... after all the clippers were 9-4 with him in the lineup... but i would discount that argument, since corey maggette hasn't been in the lineup since the first week of december... without doubt, the clippers could use corey maggette at the SG spot, where they are dramatically thin behind cuttino mobley...

is it because the clippers have no depth at PF?

this may add to the mix, because since chris wilcox left, elton brand has no bonafide substitute... it's disgusting that the clippers waste front court roster spots with 6'9"+ euro bums yaroslav korolev, vladimir radmanovic and zeljko rebraca...

the answer to the clippers current troubles can be found manning the SF spot... shaun livingston...

a PG by preference, shaun livingston has been asked to fill a spot otherwise filled by quinton ross and james singleton... coach dunleavy's choice of placing shaun livingston into the SF spot is like trying to force a round peg into a square hole...

coach dunleavy made a questionable blunder rushing shaun livingston back into the starting rotation so soon, anyway... the clippers went 2-5 when shaun livingston returned in december... his minutes got reduced in january, and the clippers record was 9-5... want more proof? how about the clippers have LOST EVERY GAME where shaun livingston clocks 30 or more minutes... :smh:

the clippers need to rid themselves of euros and youngsters if they want to become better...

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not really a fan on Livingston although he seems to understand how to get people involved on O.

I dont know whats up with them but the (S)lippers are trying to make a comeback it seems. When will Magette be back? And why does it seem he misses 40+ games every season?

I think the Clippers will miss Wilcox as he could provide size and rebounding off the bench. Why were they so quick to get rid of him anyway? :confused:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I've never been a big fan of Dunleavy as a coach. He reminds me
of Dan Reeves. He can bring a team to respectability, but not to
a title. Also, don't discount the Cassell factor in the teams' demise
It happened in Minnesota too

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Missed the part when Tarzan got hurt. How bad is Kaman's
injury?? Ya boy Livingston played pretty good in the Point
foward role tonight.....I actually like him more in that role
he seems to be better suited for it

Maggette says he'll be back next week though. Just when
the mofo starts to play well

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
RunawaySlave said:
Ya boy Livingston played pretty good in the Point
foward role tonight.....I actually like him more in that role
he seems to be better suited for it

i saw... shaun livingston had good assists with ZERO TOs? nice job...

he did most of his damage with sam cassell on the bench... the sorry fraudulent check writing scam euro faker sasha couldn't hold him... unfortunately, shaun livingston couldn't really hold the euro either... :smh:

has anyone noticed that coach jackson has been increasing the use of the full court press and sometimes trap? that's the sign of a desperate measure... when you're club isn't executing you have to resort to gimmick/gadget plays like presses and traps to give you easy O...

i wish shaun livingston the best... it's just nerve-wracking watching him play because his focus on execution isn't the greatest...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Yeah, dude's defense was kinda weak. Especially for being 6'8"
Pretty sure it's because he doesn't have much experience except
for high school. But you can see his potential. What I like about
him is that he doesn't necessarily need to shoot to have an
impact on the court. If he learnes to move his feet and keep his
hands up, his dee will fall into place. Because he already has the
phyiscal attributes

lol @ sorry fraudulent check writing scam euro faker sasha

I saw the Lakers trying to press when they were down by around