Team USA Reveals 27 Invites

Onpoint

Rising Star
Registered
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64594/20100210/team_usa_reveals_27_invites/

USA Basketball revealed a list of 27 players who have been named to the 2010-2012 USA Men’s National Team program. The selections were announced in a press release by USA Basketball Chairman Jerry Colangelo. “This is another important step in the reassembling of the USA National Team for the next three years of competitions that will include the FIBA World Championship in 2010, and if we qualify, the 2012 Olympics in London. Unlike 2006-08 when we were first starting the program, this time we have the benefit of including players who were members of the last national team, while also incorporating players who were involved in our pipeline the last couple of summers,” said Colangelo, who also served as Managing Director of the 2006-08 USA National Team. “Special recognition and acknowledgment needs to go to the nine players returning from our 2008 Olympic Team. They have demonstrated that they are the heart and soul of our program and their commitment to continue to represent their country should not be overlooked. “This is the group from which we will build our 2010 World Championship squad. We are taking the Worlds very seriously and know that this is the most important basketball competition in international basketball and it needs to be respected accordingly. We won gold at the 2008 Olympics because of the team we were able to assemble and build and we’ll all be hard at work to do that again, and finish on top in Turkey this summer.” Returning to the USA National Team for 2010-12 are 2008 Olympic gold medalists Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets); Carlos Boozer (Utah Jazz); Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors); Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers); Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic); LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers); Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets); Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat); and Deron Williams (Utah Jazz).

Rounding out the list of Olympians on the national squad roster are 2004 Olympic bronze medalists Lamar Odom (Los Angeles Lakers) and Amar’e Stoudemire (Phoenix Suns). Completing the list of National Team players are LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trail Blazers); Chauncey Billups (Denver Nuggets); Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder); Rudy Gay (Memphis Grizzlies); Eric Gordon (Los Angeles Clippers); Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers); Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers); Al Jefferson (Minnesota Timberwolves); David Lee (New York Knicks); Brook Lopez (New Jersey Nets); Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves); O.J. Mayo (Memphis Grizzlies); Kendrick Perkins (Boston Celtics); Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls); Gerald Wallace (Charlotte Bobcats) and Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder).

Feel free to pick these choices apart! I already have!:hmm:

thalunatic

Support BGOL
Registered
so they got 9 and need 12.. definitely need another Center... hmm...

welcome, K.D, Amare and D. Rose.. everybody else? GTFO!

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kobe doesn't need to play. They have enough players to win the World Championships without him.

I don't give shit about this. I want him to be rested for next season. Kobe and Pau needs to sit this out.

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i aint too sold on kendrick perkins or kevin love guesss i need to check out kevin love....nevermind thought about they put some people n that were decent but could take some banging down low love, perkins and lopez. aldridge and jefferson r beasts down low .the rest can speak for themselves

The Pope

His Holiness Pope Francis
Registered
joe-johnson.jpg
ept_sports_nba_experts-22684473-1241096724.jpg

DAMN...The Hawks get no love from nobody

Onpoint

Rising Star
Registered
NO one else notices they have no shooters besides KD? Remember 04 and 06 when they had no one that could knock down the 3 ball consistantly? Why no Joe Johnson invite? Kevin Martin? They've got Chuancey but he's a rythm shooter! I like the Lopez invite thought I think he has a huge upside!

X-Man26

Rising Star
Registered
Derrick Rose as the third point guard, Kevin Durant as the last swing player and Brook Lopez as the back-up center. They need to drop Boozer and let Aldridge and Jefferson fight it out over the back-up four spot.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
“You lost in Vietnam, you lost in Iraq,” he sniffs, “The Dream Team is dead”

MV5BMTgzODkxMTYzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzgwNDI3._V1._SX485_SY322_.jpg

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
I dont keep up with hoops too tough but Brooks Lopez and Kevin Love are really that good?

Brook Lopez has been hail as the second coming of Tim Duncan or the closets to him. He already develop more offensively than any other young center in the league that includes Dwight.

He can score in the post, the paint, he has near 3 point range. He rebounds blks and he does all this in his second year. He shoots over 80 percent from the line.

Flaws are he is not selfish enough. He hasn't demanded the ball in the post. The offense doesn't run through him yet.

This summer he took Greg Oden to school when he was invited to Team USA.

http://dimemag.com/2010/01/this-will-be-the-last-all-star-game-brook-lopez-wont-play-in/

Shaq has already said that the "kid" "is too damn smart at his age and should be best center in the league one day."

glueguy

Support BGOL
Registered
Kobe doesn't need to play. They have enough players to win the World Championships without him.

I don't give shit about this. I want him to be rested for next season. Kobe and Pau needs to sit this out.

i agree 100% they need the rest

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
damn, they need joe johnson... they should drop boozer an get Amare an pickup lopez or maybe jefferson (but from watching the redeam team, the coaches loooove to play very athletic bigs which is why boozer NEVER played!!!) I guess you could put D. Rose on there but he won't make the dream team with CP3 an D. Will running :lol:
Durant HAS TO BE ON THE TEAM!!!

they need joe though, I see they cut michael redd :smh::lol: Boozer shouldn't have got an invite neither should Odom Kardashian :hmm: