Speaker of the House new foreign aid bill includes money for Ukraine, Israelis, Taiwan and ban on tiktok nearly $100b. Ukraine say hurry up, taking….

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
The text of the proposal was published by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mike Johnson. Aid to Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan is divided into three different bills, with a fourth that would confiscate Russian assets, Politico reports. It would also force a sale of TikTok and impose sanctions on Iran.

Johnson aims to provide more than $26 billion to Israel, while the Ukraine aid legislation would provide $60.8 billion to help the country in its ongoing war against Russia, of which more than $23 billion would be used to replenish weapons and stocks provided by the United States, $13.8 billion for advanced weapons systems and $26 million to strengthen oversight of aid to Ukraine.

The other bill for $8 billion in Indo-Pacific assistance…..

————-_______—————
House Speaker Mike Johnson  looks on during a press conference at the U.S. Capitol.

4 HOURS AGO

Johnson releases text on foreign aid plan as it hangs by thread​

The speaker will almost certainly need Democratic votes just to get the package to the floor, and the minority party has not signaled whether it will support him.
By JENNIFER SCHOLTES and CONNOR O’BRIEN
04/17/2024, 11:42AM ET

Speaker Mike Johnson has released text of his four-part proposal to send aid to Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan, moving ahead with the plan that’s fueling fresh conservative demands for his ouster.
Aid to Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan is split into three different bills, with a fourth that would seize Russian assets, force a TikTok sale and impose sanctions on Iran — language on the fourth should come later Wednesday. Some of the assistance would be conditioned as a loan, along with mandates for military strategy and oversight
After meeting late into the night Tuesday with various House GOP lawmakers, Johnson has decided to also move to tee up debate on a separate border security measure, which includes what GOP leaders are calling “core components” of H.R. 2, the House-passed border security and immigration bill favored by conservatives. A vote to debate that package will not be linked to the foreign aid measures, however, and amendments will be allowed.

The aid bills released by Johnson on Wednesday mirror the Senate-passed $95 billion aid package, with the exception of about $10 billion in repayable economic assistance to Ukraine, although the expectation is that the funds likely wouldn't be repaid. Johnson aims to provide more than $26 billion for Israel, including $4 billion to replenish the Iron Dome and David’s Sling missile defense systems and about $9.2 billion in humanitarian aid, fulfilling a demand from Democrats.

The Ukraine aid legislation would provide $60.8 billion to help the country in its ongoing war against Russia, more than $23 billion of which would be used to replenish weapons and stocks provided by the U.S., $13.8 billion for advanced weapons systems and $26 million to bolster Ukraine aid oversight. The third bill includes more than $8 billion in Indo-Pacific assistance.

The fate of the newly unveiled bills — and of the speaker’s leadership tenure — will become clearer as the week goes on, with Johnson facing conflicting demands for action to support U.S. allies after Iran’s weekend attack on Israel. The speaker’s first test will be whether he can get enough votes to tee up floor debate on the foreign aid measures that several House hardliners have already threatened to block.

Despite the border component of the deal, conservatives are already vowing to block the bills. House Freedom Caucus Chair Bob Good (R-Va.) called on "every true conservative" to tank the package before text was released, and Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) said that he would oppose bringing them to the floor.

"The Republican Speaker of the House is seeking a rule to pass almost $100 billion in foreign aid — while unquestionably, dangerous criminals, terrorists, & fentanyl pour across our border. The border 'vote' in this package is a watered-down dangerous cover vote," Roy posted on X.

Releasing text of the bills technically starts a 72-hour countdown ahead of final passage, if the speaker upholds his commitment to a House rule granting lawmakers three full days to review bill text. In a text to House lawmakers midday Wednesday, the speaker said the House will have time "for a robust amendment process," predicting final passage Saturday evening.

Congressional Democrats and the White House are quietly watching the speaker try to get through his latest predicament, after Johnson sat for nine weeks on a bipartisan $95 billion foreign assistance package that the Senate passed overwhelmingly in February. Seeking Democratic help in getting aid bills through the House would likely further inflame conservative calls to fire the speaker; Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) has signed onto Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s (R-Ga.) ouster proposal.

When Johnson announced broad contours of the plan Monday night, he predicted that the House would pass foreign aid before departing for a previously scheduled week-long recess.

“We had a lot of heavy lifts here in the House in the last couple of months, and we finally got to this priority — it is a priority. I do expect that this will be done this week,” the speaker said. “And we'll be able to leave knowing that we've done our job here.”

An ample number of conservatives have signaled concerns over the fact that Johnson is likely to need at least some Democratic votes to begin debate on the bills.

Democrats, led by House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, have urged Johnson to grant a vote to the Senate package, which would go straight to President Joe Biden’s desk if it passes.

Some efforts to court Democrats are already underway. Rep. Don Bacon (R-Neb.), who led talks to craft a bipartisan foreign aid proposal, said he’s spoken to centrist Democrats in the Problem Solvers Caucus about voting in support of teeing up debate, to make up for Republican defections.

Democrats aren’t committing to help Johnson out yet on the process, signaling their votes will be dependent on the content of the bills.

"I'll follow leadership on this,” said Washington Rep. Adam Smith, the top Democrat on the House Armed Services Committee. “If they get this together, and it's sensible and stuff that the White House and Hakeem can live with, then yeah, I'd vote for that rule

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
The draft bill that will allow US aid to Ukraine consists of the following points:

▪️Obliges the President of the United States to deliver ATACMS to Ukraine as soon as possible after its entry into force.

▪️$61 billion will be allocated, of which $23 billion will go toward replenishing Department of Defense stockpiles.

▪️The bill requires the Pentagon and State Department to provide a clear US strategy for Ukraine within 45 days.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$26 billion to Israel, while the Ukraine aid legislation
This bullshit has gots to stop Ukrane is milking us for a war that doesn't mean shit to most Americans.Send all of them white boys,the murderist thugs,the mafia's,the cartels,the internet hackers,scammers,lying ass fuckers,rapist,chomo's and whoever else on over there and if they make it back after the war is won then God wanted them to win and save Private Ryan.NO MORE MONEY

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think its a bad idea to support the ukranians in this war considering how much of a threat russia is thought to be to US interest. But there should be some major strings attached. That said, I don't think it will matter much, because the MAGA party will likely sink this bill as they have all their own other legislative initiatives, for allegiance to trump and putin. I also think they've made the situation so much worse by delaying this for so long. Who knows how this will end up.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
The draft bill that will allow US aid to Ukraine consists of the following points:

▪️Obliges the President of the United States to deliver ATACMS to Ukraine as soon as possible after its entry into force.

▪️$61 billion will be allocated, of which $23 billion will go toward replenishing Department of Defense stockpiles.

▪️The bill requires the Pentagon and State Department to provide a clear US strategy for Ukraine within 45 days.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I don't think its a bad idea to support the ukranians in this war considering how much of a threat russia is thought to be to US interest. But there should be some major strings attached. That said, I don't think it will matter much, because the MAGA party will likely sink this bill as they have all their own other legislative initiatives, for allegiance to trump and putin. I also think they've made the situation so much worse by delaying this for so long. Who knows how this will end up.
What’s the threat?

I only ask this because I remember having a conversation with my homeboy before they left for Iraq.
The language was Saddam have weapons that could harm us… he’s killing Iraqi civilians

One day while talking to him, he said, “Mannn I don’t know why we over here…
This shit ain’t nothing like y’all see on the news. These folks wasn’t gonna be a problem.”

So, I’m just asking from a curious standpoint about the threat that’s there?

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What’s the threat?

I only ask this because I remember having a conversation with my homeboy before they left for Iraq.
The language was Saddam have weapons that could harm us… he’s killing Iraqi civilians

One day while talking to him, he said, “Mannn I don’t know why we over here…
This shit ain’t nothing like y’all see on the news. These folks wasn’t gonna be a problem.”

So, I’m just asking from a curious standpoint about the threat that’s there?
Respect and appreciate the question. Of course, I'm no geopolitical insider or expert. It’s just that all my life I've been informed by near every political element in america that russia is the one nation with a military that most credibly challenges america's own. It’s been reported that they also routinely taunt, antagonize and provoke american operations the world over. But they do it at a level just below the threshold to necessitate an overt response. Recently we’ve been advised that they’ve conducted a major psych-ops via social media to influence american political outcomes. And most problematic, they’ve targeted black people with misinformation to vote against their own interest. Thanks to Ukraine we know their military prowess was greatly overestimated. However, their leadership’s animosity and malice toward america is consistent and given a chance to digest Ukraine they’ll be an even bigger threat. That’s my take, and I know that people here will say I’ve bought into the western media’s propaganda case against ru, but I trust it more than what’s coming from tass.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Respect and appreciate the question. Of course, I'm no geopolitical insider or expert. It’s just that all my life I've been informed by near every political element in america that russia is the one nation with a military that most credibly challenges america's own. It’s been reported that they also routinely taunt, antagonize and provoke american operations the world over. But they do it at a level just below the threshold to necessitate an overt response. Recently we’ve been advised that they’ve conducted a major psych-ops via social media to influence american political outcomes. And most problematic, they’ve targeted black people with misinformation to vote against their own interest. Thanks to Ukraine we know their military prowess was greatly overestimated. However, their leadership’s animosity and malice toward america is consistent and given a chance to digest Ukraine they’ll be an even bigger threat. That’s my take, and I know that people here will say I’ve bought into the western media’s propaganda case against ru, but I trust it more than what’s coming from tass.

Respect is returned Brotha

I’m with you when you say all we’ve been told is Russia is bad etc…. Man there’s people who’s born hating Russia :lol:

I ‘be come to the conclusion that Russia is only the Secondary target. China is that main target but Russia and China ain’t foes like years ago.
So we felt it’s easier to crash Russia’s economy that China’s. The task of boxing in Russia was easier. Years ago the plan of using NATO and expand east towards Russian borders was kool because Russia was isolated. They wasn’t friendly with China, they had other internal issues.
As NATO approached closer and closer that relationship with China got better. The common enemy was clear as day.
So fast forward today you have a bind between those two that’s stronger than before…. They created their own financial bloc aka BRICS which is steady expanding.
Also, you probably the second person that I’ve talked to about this, Russia is currently developing a defensive bloc to rival NATO.

There’s talks between Russia and Iran. I’ve said a few times. “If they want to attack Iran, they better before the ink drys”

Meaning they need to attack them from the agreement is signed.
I haven’t read nothing on it lately, so I don’t know which stages it’s in. Last I saw 5 nations was interesting in joining…

Now for as Ukraine and Russia
I’m say this Ukraine is/was on the offensive but steady losing territory. Think about that I’m attacking you but you steady pushing me back. It so bad, that Zelensky figuring out how to slow the Russians down. They need to build fortifications and trenches in central Ukraine.

France and Poland opening admitting they sending troops there. They actually met with Russia to inform them, “Our troops just going to assist with excavation of wounded troops, etc non combat operations.

Russian just hit a hotel with a shit load of foreigners in it. Zelensky said it was a civilian building that got attacked. There’s a number of injuried people with military clothing on…. (Apparently FRENCH & POLISH)

The situation is definitely different than what many people seem to understand.
Is Ukraine killing Russians fucking right…
When this started it was understood they would kill up each other, they’re basically the same people. They fought many wars together.
That should never be a question but what one should question is How Zelensky gonna come on TV and say they lost only 31k then said ask the Russia they might know.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Fuck Ukraine and fuck Israel. Those cunts don't deserve a fucking penny.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Folks say they doing our work tho…

Well Ukraine, I don’t know why they justify giving money to Israel.
I been waiting to see but them ninjas been hush mouf about this.

Fuckers would talk until they blue in the face about Putin but say two words about Bibi and em :lol:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
The US is preparing to approve a weapons package for Ukraine that includes urgently needed artillery and air defenses, two US officials tell Politico.
At the moment, the US government has not made a final decision on the size of the tract and its content.

Defense Department officials are working to prepare a package of American equipment that can quickly move through the bureaucratic process once the legislation is approved and signed by the president, this source says.
Many American weapons are already stored throughout Europe and could be moved immediately to Ukraine, the first official said. Some of the material could reach Ukraine within days; others may take weeks.

Tomorrow, the House of Representatives will vote on four bills that would allocate $95 billion in funding to help Ukraine, Israel and their Pacific partners.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
The Ukrainian ambassador to the US said they have been working "non-stop" with US lawmakers to convince them to pass the Ukraine aid bill.

"Based on our intensive work with both parties and the committee's approval of today's voting procedures, I am cautiously optimistic this time around," she says.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Yesterday at work, I was talking to my lil helper

He was saying, he don’t know much about politics but every time he turn the TV on we giving this one or that one beaucoup amounts of money, then next time this one getting a billion

He gonna lose it when I ask him, if he saw this.

He believe Hamas was raping women and killing babies, that’s why this conflict is going.

I told him, bro I know many folks online that done watch mainstream media…

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Folks laughing at us….

“American tax payers can finally use "Ukraine" as tax deduction “

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Bet they won't ban those bootleg semicounductor chips from ching chong land, will they?

Naw but we trying to build our own plants over here…

That’s why they “LETTING” all of those immigrants
Gotta have the workers but that’s a different topic