Soulful dude out of Denmark - Jonas Rendbo

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
You probably never heard of Dude but I have been a fan for a few years. What do you think. :dunno: :ipod:

HNIC

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck this crakkka straight culture vulture shit!!!!
A white dude with sistas all in the video and he replaced the brothers with cacs. Man you don't see the subliminal messages going on here. These CACS are trying to write us out of existence.

If you don't like my opinion don't ask :lol: :lol:

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
No problem cause it aint working, I don't think his shit is selling, but he has been at it for awhile. I like his music, maybe casue it has an organic feel about it.

HNIC :dunno:

A white dude with sistas all in the video and he replaced the brothers with cacs. Man you don't see the subliminal messages going on here. These CACS are trying to write us out of existence.

shanebp1978

Super Moderator

A valid point of discussion.

I usually apply that to white American singers though. Euros are differently influenced.

But do they even need to work at writing us out of existence, or are we by lack of creativity and innovation, and especially African American producers producing for money more than love of the craft, ALLOWING ourselves to be written out?

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I usually apply that to white American singers though. Euros are differently influenced.

But do they even need to work at writing us out of existence, or are we by lack of creativity and innovation, and especially African American producers producing for money more than love of the craft, ALLOWING ourselves to be written out?

Great question.

I feel WE are allowing it.
I know way too many cats from the "Old Days" of the music industry. Both from the performing and business end. We all talk about how today's music scene has become a creatively lazy attraction for young Black people.

And that many of these young Blacks have no sense or respect of Music History. This attitude has given Whites the perfect opportunity to swoop on into the various musical genres we once dominated.

I do tend to give Euro-Whites a slide to a degree only because in many cases, their love of the music tends to come more out of historical respect than their American counterparts.

But unless WE take the same approach to our musical diaspora that many Whites do, then we can no longer complain.

And I'm sorry.
But sampling a chorus, bridge, line, etc from a CLASSIC late 60s/early 70s Soul/R&B/Funk song doesn't represent respect. It represents creative laziness.

And that's even worse than what the latest so-called Blue-Eyed culture vulture is doing in my book.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
You Sir are a smart man. :cool:

Great question.

I know way too many cats from the "Old Days" of the music industry. Both from the performing and business end. We all talk about how today's music scene has become a creatively lazy attraction for young Black people.

And that many of these young Blacks have no sense or respect of Music History. This attitude has given Whites the perfect opportunity to swoop on into the various musical genres we once dominated.

I do tend to give Euro-Whites a slide to a degree only because in many cases, their love of the music tends to come more out of historical respect than their American counterparts.

But unless WE take the same approach to our musical diaspora that many Whites do, then we can no longer complain.

And I'm sorry.
But sampling a chorus, bridge, line, etc from a CLASSIC late 60s/early 70s Soul/R&B/Funk song doesn't represent respect. It represents creative laziness.

And that's even worse than what the latest so-called Blue-Eyed culture vulture is doing in my book.

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Great question.

And I'm sorry.

303.gif

http://replygif.net/i/303.gif

jbug76

Star
BGOL Investor

Great point. It's not that hard to write a better song than this shit we call music now. However I do have 2 of his albums and its dope