Someone every call you the ****** in hated

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This happen in Long Island NY, my uncle and I got lost and needed direction to this store. We stopped at this machinery shop for direction and this white guy about 25 yrs of age was cool enough to give us direction. But this time taking instructions his dad walk in and started calling us monkeys and asking what are this ******s doing in his shop. To be honest I never felt hate like I did at the moment, I wanted to kill this old fat sloppy man right there, but his son said something that make sense to me. He said "my dad is old and stupid plus he is dying forgive him" and to make a long story short; the dad charges us $5.00 for using his phone, and I did not harm the fucker to make this clear.
That was only time someone called me the "N" word in hate.

Now I want to know how many people here had this rage and how they handle it.

mc2

Rising Star
Registered
I have been called the N-word by other blacks out of anger on numerous occasions, but never by a white man.

For some reason the word carries more weight when you hear it from a country redneck white man.

Greed

Star
Registered
exactly, i'm sure the vast majority of blacks feel white people want to say the word real bad, but 99.999999% of the times we hear it in public is by black people.

Greed

Star
Registered
N-word Gets Pass: Expert

N-WORD GETS PASS: EXPERT
By IKIMULISA LIVINGSTON

June 6, 2006 -- A self-proclaimed hip-hop expert took the stand in the Nicholas "Fat Nick" Minucci hate-crime trial yesterday and told jurors that using the n-word doesn't necessarily make a person a racist.

"A white kid with gold fronts, sagging britches - he gets a pass," said Gary Jenkins. "In this day and age, the sting has been taken away from it."

The word "does not mean the same as it meant to me growing up in Valley Stream in the '70s," said Jenkins, who is black.

Minucci is charged with assault as a hate crime for beating a black man in Howard Beach, Queens. He admitted using the word before his encounter with Glenn Moore.

Minucci's lawyer, Albert Gaudelli, has been trying to convince the jury that his client was merely talking the language of the streets on June 29, 2005.

"It's a very distasteful word which I don't personally use," Jenkins said. "I don't like the word, but yes, the word is used with great privilege in the hip-hop generation by all races, creeds and colors."

Gaudelli, quoting Minucci's statement to cops, asked what it means to say, "What up n- - - - -? "

"That's a common greeting in hip-hop parlance meaning how are you , how goes your day?" Jenkins answered.

But Prosecutor Michelle Goldstein asked if the definition changes if the speaker is swinging a bat.

"I don't know what happened . . . did they try and rob him?" Jenkins answered. "I don't know enough about it."

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/69671.htm

B

Blkvoz

WorldEX said:
This happen in Long Island NY, my uncle and I got lost and needed direction to this store. We stopped at this machinery shop for direction and this white guy about 25 yrs of age was cool enough to give us direction. But this time taking instructions his dad walk in and started calling us monkeys and asking what are this ******s doing in his shop. To be honest I never felt hate like I did at the moment, I wanted to kill this old fat sloppy man right there, but his son said something that make sense to me. He said "my dad is old and stupid plus he is dying forgive him" and to make a long story short; the dad charges us $5.00 for using his phone, and I did not harm the fucker to make this clear.
That was only time someone called me the "N" word in hate.

Now I want to know how many people here had this rage and how they handle it.
I have been call the "N" word by white boys several times in my life time. I personally think you handled the situation properly. What would it have proven if you had beat down an old fool? I doubt that I would have paid him five dollars to use his phone, but then it would have depended upon how badly I needed to call someone.

I have dealt with that situation differently depending upon the circumstances. I have just ignored the insult, and I have put a serious beat down on a cracker for speaking out of turn. In one case a white dude spit in my face and called me a N----. I was subsequently sued by him for assault. He claimed I broke four of his ribs fractured his wrist, and caused some nerve damage, along with breaking his nose. He was awarded $14,000. I did not have to pay.

Another incident in the military, a dude called me the N word, and I beat him damn near to death, a soldier pulled me off of him telling me you are going to kill him. I told him that is just what I am trying to do. The cracker lay on the floor crying, and said I don't care if you kill me, you are still a N.....

Another time, I was playing bridge and my partner puzzled by the play, said there is a “N in the wood pile somewhere.” It was a duplicate bridge tournament, everyone was white save me. The room became quite, since it was not said in anger are hate, but ignorance, I acted as if I never heard what was said. No one looked in my direction, and noone said a thing. It was if everyone was wait for the explosion. It was several minutes before my partner looked me in the eye, in spite of the fact we were sitting across from one another at a card table.

What should I have done? I felt my action in that situation was all that was needed.

Dick Gregory wrote a book entitled N..... his intention was to take the sting out of the word, and as a consequence many brothers particularly in the hip hop community use the word N, and M F in ever sentence they utter. He mailed a copy to the president so as to insure there was a N..... in the White House.

Richard Pryor recounted his experience in Africa, which caused him to stop using the N word.

I think it is generally accepted that use of the word particularly by whites, is more of a sign of ignorance, than of hate.

Some of us put ourselves out there by using a pejorative directed at some other racial group.

I never participate in racial jokes, in mixed company, To do so inevitable invites a joke about Blacks, or the N word.

I never entertain negative remarks uttered by a white dude which is directed at some other racial group. I just say to the person, you will say the same thing about me when I walk away.

When I was a kid, the N word was as much a part of my vocabulary as it is among comedians and rap stars. I soon learned how stupid I sounded.

Bottom line, in my opinion, any reaction to the N word gives it much more importance than it deserves. Unfortunately, Black folks use the N word much more than white folks. Even the racist programs on TV, I am talking about some of the programs displaying the confederate flag preaching white supremacy do not use the N word as often as we Black folks do in reference to ourselves.

If we stop using the N word, it will die out.

In an attempt to address your question. You appear to be a level headed Brother, consequently, whatever action you take will more than likely be appropriate. Be guided by what you believe is the right thing to do, and you will be cool.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="5"><center>Putting N-Word on Trial Again Is Empty Activism</font size></center>

New America Media, Commentary
Earl Ofari Hutchinson
Jun 09, 2006

Editor's Note: More important issues should fire up activism in the black community than the unnerving endurance of one vile expletive, says the writer. Earl Ofari Hutchinson is a political analyst and social issues commentator, and the author of The Crisis in Black and Black (Middle Passage Press). The Hutchinson Report can also be read at www.earlofarihutchinson.blogspot.com.

LOS ANGELES--The never-ending debate over the "N" word heated up again on the street and, oddly, in a courtroom. A parade of black scholars, writers, activists, hip-hop artists and plain folk even sparred over its use, in a panel discussion in New York.

The renewed public debate over the N word has been fueled by the trial of Nicholas Minucci, who is charged with assault and robbery in the June 2005 baseball bat attack on Glenn Moore in Queens. Minucci is white and Moore is black. Fat Nick, as he is affectionately known, allegedly pummeled Moore with the N word before assaulting him with a bat.

The debate was sparked by a national campaign by black activists to ban the use of the N word. There's even a website that hawks T-shirts and DVDs and exhorts blacks, especially young blacks, to solemnly pledge not to use the word or patronize anyone who puts out products that use it. Presumably, it's aimed at rappers and a popular comic-strip writer who have turned the N word into a lucrative growth industry.

The anti-N word campaigners are both right and wrong in assailing it. There's no disagreement that the term hurled by white bigots is vile, offensive, hate-filled and has caused much personal pain and suffering. But that's where agreement ends.

Many rappers have made a mighty effort to stand the word on its head and take the hurt out of it. Their effort has some merit and isn't new. Dick Gregory had the same idea some years ago when he titled his autobiography "------." Black writer Robert DeCoy also tried the same racial shock-therapy on whites when he titled his novel "The ------ Bible." Richard Pryor for a time practically made the term his personal mantra.

Though words aren't value-neutral and are often used to promote hate, they in themselves don't trigger racial violence or psychologically destroy blacks. The N word did not stir the century of Jim Crow violence, segregation, disenfranchisement and poverty that blacks suffered. These were done to preserve white political and economic power, control, and privilege. But even in those days, when a white person, especially a celebrity, athlete or public official, slipped and used the word or made any overt racist reference, black outrage was swift and ferocious. The NAACP even pushed the Merriam Webster dictionary to purge the word.

But the N word in itself isn't a code sign for discrimination or a trigger to commit racial violence. The current outcry over it, however, shows a double standard far too many blacks apply to whites over its use. In the past, a small band of activists, and Bill Cosby, waged war against the use of the N word by blacks. They've been the exception.

Blacks have been more than willing to give N-word-using blacks a pass. The indulgence sends the subtle signal that the word is hardly the earth-shattering, illegitimate pejorative many blacks and whites think it is. Fat Nick pretty much argued this in his defense. He claimed that his black friends routinely use the word. A black attorney, who is also a hip-hop record producer, partially backed him up, saying that the word had lost some of its sting since white hip-hoppers use it and don't mean any offense by it. It was self-serving ploy by a defendant grasping to paint himself as being free of bigotry. But the point was a good one.

That's not the only reason the N word debate is suspect. The day before the New York panelists shadow-boxed over the term, the nation marked the 25th anniversary of the AIDS epidemic. Other than a handful of articles and remembrances, the day mostly came and went. But blacks, particularly the black poor, have been hammered the hardest by the disease. A few days before, beltway sniper John Muhammad was convicted. Following closely was the slaughter of a family in Indianapolis allegedly by young blacks.

That's a warning that the cycle of crime, violence, hopelessness and desperation that wracks some poor black communities has spilled over with deadly consequences. Failing inner-city public schools, the near-Depression level unemployment among young black males, the more than 1 million blacks packing America's jails and the surging homelessness numbers, in which blacks make up a disproportionate share, are more warnings that the ills of the black poor are mounting. Yet, there are few impassioned panels, pulsating websites, marches and demonstrations by blacks demanding action on these crises.

Then again, it's much easier and more fun to generate passion and heat over a word, than over real problems of crisis proportions. Putting the N word on trial again won't solve those.

http://news.ncmonline.com/news/view_article.html?article_id=fb86f45bcfac20f17c7e74f7a1af1578

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I refuse to obsess about the "N" word or the people that use it. The word will continue in perpetuity to be uttered by classless people of all races. I just simply tune them out.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
</font size="4">
The following was posted in a new thread by PlayaHater247
but was moved to this thread on the same subject matter for
continuity of discussion and debate.

QueEx

</font size>

Abolish The "N" Word

http://www.abolishthenword.com

This is some deep shit.

Inspired while listening to a local radio show about the use of the N word, as well as seeing positive images during Black History month yet hearing negative lyrics in songs we experienced conflict, frustration and an overwhelming sense to "do something". We are using the billboard effect of t-shirts, the internet and the contract idea to pass on information and strengthen the commitment to this movement.
As a small group of Brooklynites who grew up during the original old school era of hip hop, we remember when rap songs never used the "N" word or profanity for that matter. We remember referring to our friends as homeboy and home girl. And we were still cool. We remember the airing of "Roots" and the sting of hearing the "N" word on national television for the first time. Now we ask ourselves what happened. What happened in our community that the "N" word is tossed around freely in everyday language? When the use of it makes you cool, down, accepted.

Our community has come full circle as we extend an invitation to others to call us the “N” word as well and we answer with a smile. Our ancestors must be rocking in their graves. The “N” word is not a term of endearment. It cannot be reapropriated. We cannot redefine the “N” word or re-spell it to make it positive. Racism is so subtle, we now think that we can embrace the “N” word and take away its power. However, not enough time has passed for this concept to be effective. The word is viewed as a racial slur at large, it will continue to be so until it is put away for a generation, and then maybe it can be embraced at such time in a historical context.

Until the pain of this word no longer lingers in society for any of us, we cannot continue to use the “N” word. Every time we use the “N” word it is a slap in the face of our elders and a blatant disrespect to our ancestors. We have not only lost our minds, but we’ve lost consciousness.

`

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
This book is a must read because it not only teaches our children about the affects of language, it is also a great way to help them conquer some unforeseen battles in their lives.

“Don’t Call Me Nigga” published by Red Clay Publishing, written by Zekita Q. Tucker and illustrated by Matthew Schultz.

This book is the perfect tool for parents who want to strategically discuss the use of the word ‘Nigga’ with their children but may not have other effective tools or resources immediately available to them on a level that their children may understand.