Side Hustle: Podcasting - Podcast Hosting & Directory Sites

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Buzzsprout
Buzzsprout was designed to make podcasting simple, but not limited. They have one of the best-designed dashboards I’ve seen, which lets you spend more time creating content than messing around with uploads. What I really like is that they are regularly coming out with updates and new features.
Recently they have added or updated:
  • a built-in transcription integration
  • Magic Mastering to make your episodes sound perfect
  • an affiliate marketing integration for your Buzzsprout site
  • a brand new embed player
  • the publishing workflow
  • the text editor for show notes
  • And much more!
They also give you excellent statistics (recently updated in 2020) and a mobile-friendly podcast website.
Buzzsprout also added an affiliate marketplace (to help you make money with your show) and the ability to add team members (admin or editor access levels).
There’s a forever free plan (no credit card needed to sign up) but your episodes get removed after 90 days, then their plans start at $12/month. Great value!

Feel free to check out Buzzsprout review & walkthrough for a behind-the-scenes look.
Use this link: Buzzsprout will give you a $20 Amazon gift card if you stay with one of their paid plans for 2 months!

Captivate
Captivate is an amazing new podcast hosting platform – and it’s by the same team that has been running Podcast Websites for years (mentioned further down the page) so their experience in the podcast industry definitely shows!
You can tell they carefully considered everything in the dashboard:
  • The analytics are advanced, yet easy to understand
  • The podcast player and website look amazing
  • There are built-in CTA’s (calls to action) to help direct people anywhere you want
  • Add as many team members as you need (no limits)
There are a bunch of other useful things like batch uploading, smart UI features like default schedule time, WordPress integration with their custom plugin, and a ton more.

One cool thing they just added was a great looking and easy-to-generate podcast sponsorship kit PDF that lets you highlight recent episodes and shows key download numbers:

Captivate Sponsor Kit
Of course, you get a great-looking mobile-friendly website that automatically uses your colors – or you can choose your ow

Mobile-friendly Podcast Website Included
One thing I didn’t like regarding the new podcast workflow was recently changed, which shows they are taking feedback and quickly making updates. Love that!

You can host an unlimited number of podcasts starting at $19/month for 12K downloads – more than enough for 97% of podcasters.
They also don’t limit core features by the plan you’re on, which is something that can’t be said for others.
Start a 7-day trial of Captivate here and see for yourself!

Transistor
Transistor is one of the newer podcast hosting and analytics platforms and have a great team behind them. They are focused on brands (one of their early customers is Cards Against Humanity) and people who take podcasting seriously (vs those just dabbling or as a hobby).
For one price you can:
  • Host as many different shows as you want
  • Add and manage team members (producers, editors, etc.)
  • Get great podcast stats
  • Have an excellent podcast site
  • And more…
One thing I really like about the provided website is that you can browse around while an episode plays uninterrupted (check out their podcast about building Transistor).

Transistor ‘Your Podcasts’ Page
They also have a great private podcasting feature that they just made even better. Because you host multiple shows you can create both private and public podcasts under the same account without paying for a new hosting plan.

Transistor Podcast Statistics
Pricing starts at $19/month for 10,000 downloads per month, which is plenty for most people. If you need more than that, they have higher tiers with more downloads and team members as well.

They also have great comparisons for Transistor vs Anchor and Transistor vs Simplecast if you want to learn more.
Start your 2-week trial here.

Castos
Castos Podcast Hosting has some excellent features and integrates seamlessly with WordPress. They own the Seriously Simple Podcasting WordPress plugin where you can manage your feed and upload new episodes right from WordPress.
You’ll get unlimited upload volume and download bandwidth for $19/month, along with an excellent customizable player to embed on your website.
Castos has a 14-day free trial, but if you use the coupon code PI2018, you’ll get a free month! And if you pay for the year upfront, you also get 2 months free.
Check out Castos and sign up here.

Podbean
Podbean has great pricing and plans for new podcasters. There is a 5-hour limited upload plan for free with basic stats. You won’t be able to use your own domain name on this tier though.
They also have an unlimited upload plan starting at $9/month (when paid annually) that includes advanced stats, a website, custom domains, and more.
Podbean also has their own podcast app for iOS and Android and an Alexa skill so you can use your voice to listen to your favorite podcasts.
Get a free month with this link when you sign up for an unlimited plan.

Simplecast
I had to highlight Simplecast because they’re doing some cool things.
For one, their embeddable players are some of the best-looking (and smoothest) I’ve seen. You also get detailed analytics for anyone who uses it. Here’s a little preview of the different formats you can use:
Starting at $15/month, you’ll get unlimited uploads, analytics, a website, the ability to have multiple people manage your podcast, and a bunch more.
For $35/month, you get a bunch more customization, additional team members, advanced analytics, the ability to use a custom domain, 50K downloads/month, and more. Here’s a little preview of the kind of analytics you’ll see:
Companies like Slack and Shopify host with them, as well as many different podcasts both large and small.
They just updated the look of their entire platform and brand, along with tons of new features.
Start your 14-day trial here.
Use Simplecast promo code INSIGHTS for 50% off your first 2 months!

Resonate Hosting
Resonate Recordings has been one of my favorite podcast production companies for years now, and they recently added a hosting platform.
That means you can use a single platform to get professional editing and production and then seamlessly host your show.
But of course, you can use Resonate Hosting separately as well.
You’ll get your own podcast website, great-looking embed player that helps to track how people are listening, detailed analytics, and more.

Pricing starts at $25/month for unlimited shows, episodes, and bandwidth.
Check them out here and start with a special 45-day trial (only available here at Podcast Insights).

Podcast Hosting Comparison (Top 7)
Best ForBeginnersNew & Growing ShowsMultiple ShowsWordPressVideo PodcastsBrands & BeginnersFull-Service Production
PriceFrom $12/moFrom $19/moFrom $19/moFrom $19/mo$9/mo (audio) or $29/mo (video)From $15/moFrom $25/mo
StorageStarts at 3 hours per monthUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited*UnlimitedUnlimited
Bandwidth250GB (>20K plays/mo per episode)From 12K plays/moFrom 10K plays/moUnlimitedUnlimited*From 20K plays/moUnlimited
File Types SupportedAudioAudioAudioAudio & VideoAudio & VideoAudioAudio
Website IncludedYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Use Your Domain (Get One Here)YesYesYesYesYesYes**No
Special OfferFree $20 Amazon Giftcard7 Days Free2 Weeks FreeFree Month (Use Code PI2018)Free Month50% Off First 2 Months (use code INSIGHTS)45-Day Trial
* Unlimited on everything but the small plan
** Requires Essential plan

Want to listen while browsing the site? Subscribe on Apple or Google Podcasts.
This is Buzzsprout’s brand new embed player.

Spreaker
Spreaker has been around since 2010 and has a handful of unique features and software for podcasters.
One stand-out feature is that they have a Live Podcasting option. You can let listeners interact with you with the included chatbox and there are other integration options. I have a lot of people ask me about this option and Spreaker definitely makes it easy. They have both a desktop app (for Windows and Mac) and a mobile app (for iPhone and Android) for recording, live streaming, viewing stats, and more. Features vary depending on the device, but they’re both included free with your account. There is a free plan to test things out, but the $20/month Broadcaster option is the sweet spot. You can get a free month on any of the personal plans here (the promo code INSIGHTS will be automatically applied).

Blubrry
I did a lot of research before choosing my first podcast host (many years ago) and Blubrry came out on top, even though more “big” names recommended or used other podcast hosts. A lot has changed since then and they wouldn’t be my top choice today, but they still deserve a mention.
The main reasons I chose them back then were:
  • the easy integration with their PowerPress plugin for WordPress
  • advanced industry-leading statistics included free with your hosting plan
  • “no-fault” overage – you can upload more than your monthly limit without being charged extra
You can find a more in-depth look at Blubrry in this review.
Plans start at $12/month for 100MB of audio storage per month. Depending on the episode length and quality, that should be enough for at least 1 episode per week.
Get A Free Month With Blubrry

Podcast Websites
Podcast Websites is an all-in-one platform that includes a WordPress website, web hosting, unlimited podcast hosting, domain name, email address, and a bunch more. You can easily build your email list as they connect to many of the top email service providers too.
They also recently included their Academy membership to help you learn with their video library.
Two long-time (and well-known) podcasters created this so they have a great understanding of what new podcasters need.
Check out Podcast Websites here. You can use the coupon code HOSTME for $10 off per month or free podcast hosting.

PodServe.fm
PodServe.fm lets you host unlimited podcasts with 2,000GB bandwidth per month. That’s enough for over 60K downloads per month so most people will be just fine. What really sets them apart is that you will get free promotion on PodParadise, a podcast directory that gets thousands of visitors per month.
They also make everything really easy to set up and get listed everywhere.
Pricing is $19/month and if you do happen to have a ton of downloads, you can pay $20 per 3,000GB.
You can start a free trial here.

Podiant
“makes it incredibly easy to start and grow a podcast” – with unlimited storage all for $12.99/month.
Some of the features include:
  • Website with blog posts and pages
  • Podcast analytics
  • Auto-posting to YouTube
  • Dropbox connection
  • Social sharing
Be sure to use the promo code insights to get 25% off your first 3 months (you’ll enter the code after you create your account – check them out here).

PodcastGIANT
If you need a platform that does podcast hosting, website hosting, and will handle your needs whether you’re just starting out or have thousands of listeners, PodcastGIANT is perfect.
If you don’t want to spend time dealing with hosting and website tech, this is the solution for you.
Check out PodcastGIANT here and get your setup fee waived.

Backtracks
Backtracks claims to have “the world’s most advanced podcast analytics and hosting platform”.
Their price and set of features are probably overkill if you’re just starting out, but if run a decent size media company or brand, having easy access to advanced analytics is invaluable.

Many large brands use them and they have a really nice embeddable player with clickable transcripts. You can see an example on their site.

audioBoom
audioBoom lets you “host, distribute, and monetize” your podcast. They have a couple of different hosting tiers depending on how many downloads you get:
The “New podcasters” option is $9.99/month that allows you to publish up to 5 episodes per month with up to 10,000 plays per month.
Once you surpass 10K monthly downloads, you’ll get access to their targeted ad network, sponsorships, and branded partnerships. This is a great way to easily monetize your podcast once you start getting some traction. They also have another tier for podcast networks and radio groups with additional monetization and management options.

Libsyn
Libsyn is a podcast hosting service that has been around since the early days of podcasting. They are commonly recommended because that’s what long-time podcasters have used and recommended for years, but there are better platforms now. Their website and dashboard badly need a refresh too.

Libsyn’s pricing plans start at $5/month with an upload limit of 50MB (which is too small for most people) so at a minimum will likely need the $15/month plan that bumps you up to 250MB of upload per month and basic statistics.

Megaphone
Megaphone by Panoply is a podcasting platform designed for larger, enterprise-level podcasts.
They also serve advertisers looking to reach these popular podcasts.
Their suite of features for podcasters include dynamic ad insertion, ad management, sales, and more.
You’ll need to request an invite to get your podcast hosted on their platform – although it appears they’re developing a plan for smaller podcasts soon.

Whooshkaa
Whooshkaa is an Australian based podcast company that has partnered with some large brands like Wondery and WNYC.
A lot of their focus seems to be on their dynamic ad platform that customizes ads based on listener location and podcast genre.
They also have text-to-speech features, customizable players, sharing tools, and a lot more.

Fireside
Fireside was created by Dan Benjamin of the 5by5 network. He and his peers create a lot of podcasts and know the industry well. Fireside is an all-in-one platform in that you get podcast hosting, a nice looking website, and podcast statistics.
They keep things simple: there is 1 plan for $19/month – unlimited everything.

Pippa
Pippa was recently acquired by Acast, another podcast hosting platform.
Pippa no longer exists and existing customers have been migrated to Acast Open.

Free Podcast Hosting Platforms
Here’s a handful of free podcasting platforms. Some have both free and paid plans, while others just have free plans.

Buzzsprout
I mentioned Buzzsprout up top as my favorite podcast hosting service. They have a free plan that you can use as long as you want.
You can upload 2 hours of audio per month, but the episodes are only hosted for 90 days.
This is a great way to get started – check out the pricing page for more details.
In order to get the $20 gift card, you’ll have to sign up for a paid plan.

Podbean
Podbean has a free plan with 5 hours of storage and 100MB of bandwidth per month.
This is another easy way to start off, but you’ll need to upgrade to get more advanced stats, a custom domain, or more website customization.

Spreaker
Spreaker has a “free speech” hosting plan with 5 hours of audio storage and 15 minutes of live streaming.

RedCircle
RedCircle launched in February 2019 focused on “semi-pro” podcasters.
For now, one of their unique features is the ability to reach out and cross-promote your podcast within the platform.
You can search for podcasts, reach out to them to pitch and set terms, and swap pre-recorded messages promoting each other’s podcasts.

RedCircle Podcast Cross-Promotion
People listening to other similar podcasts make some of the best potential listeners for your show, so I love this idea and excited to see more from them. Hosting is free – with the goal to help podcasters monetize their shows and share in their revenue. Win-win.
Nov 2019 Update: RedCircle just added dynamic ad insertion – all for free. Amazing!

Anchor
Anchor is probably the most well-known free podcast platform.
Their main focus is on mobile podcasting, but you can also use their web interface to edit and manage your episodes.
They have a built-in ad platform, easy editing of your audio files, and are constantly updating with new features.

One big downside is that you cant change the email address in your RSS feed, which is used to verify your podcast on many services.

Podcasts.com
Podcasts.com is a free host with unlimited everything (podcasts, storage, bandwidth) and has a large directory of shows.

Squarespace
Squarespace is a website and e-commerce platform, but you can use it to host your podcast as well.
While it’s technically not free, if you already pay for a website through them you can add a podcast for free.
It’s not really a core feature, but they do give you an RSS feed and an audio player. Here are more details.

SoundCloud
SoundCloud has the ability to be used as a free podcast host, but their podcasting features are limited and seem more like an afterthought.
You get up to 3 hours or storage free. If you want unlimited uploading, it’s $135/yr. You can upload 30 hours per week with that option.
Avoid the other paid option as you only upload 6 hours of content.

Even More Podcast Platforms
And here’s a bunch of alternative platforms you might want to check out:
You may also want to check out this site dedicated to podcast hosting reviews.

Common Hosting Questions
What Is Podcast Hosting?
A podcast host is a place to store and distribute your podcast’s audio files. They provide a podcast RSS feed (basically a listing of all your episodes) that you will submit to Apple Podcasts and other podcast directories.

They also provide analytics, web players, scheduling tools, and other features to make publishing and growing your podcast easy.

Some of them also integrate ad networks, social sharing features, and additional distribution options.

How Do I Choose A Podcast Host?
Not all podcast hosting platforms are the same. Some are designed for beginners, brands, or enterprise customers – with pricing to match.

I’ve looked ease of use, pricing, customer service, audio quality, embed players, analytics, storage options, and more to help you choose the right host for your needs. I would recommend starting with the Best Podcast Hosting section at the top of this page.

How Much Does Podcast Hosting Cost?
On average, pricing for podcast hosting ranges from $5/month to $50/month.

Pricing varies depending on which company you go with, how many episodes you produce, and how many downloads you get.

To make things slightly more complicated, different companies base pricing on Megabytes (MB), hours, downloads, or bandwidth.

Most people don’t spend more than $19/month when starting out. If you have a popular podcast, you could easily pay much more.

Can I Use A Free Podcast Host?
Of course you can, but we don’t recommend it. If a service is free, that means you or your data is usually the “product”.

I mean, just look at Facebook and all the issues with data privacy (or lack thereof) lately.

There have been many cases of free podcast hosting platforms shutting down (and your podcast along with them!), so I would play it safe and go with a paid service.

Why Can’t I Just Upload My Audio Files To My Website Host?
Because the files are massive compared to anything else you upload (a picture might be 300kb, but an MP3 is easily 100x that). That means when you start having multiple people download or stream at the same time (which is common when you release new episodes), your website will easily struggle to keep up with all that data. That means a poor experience for both podcast listeners and website visitors And many web hosts will kick you off – you definitely don’t want that!

Where Should I Publish My Podcast?

Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts are the “big 3” services you should start with.

You can see in the graphic above that there are many other places people listen to podcasts. Many of the popular apps like Overcast and Castbox use Apple Podcasts as their source of shows, which is why it is so important.

All of the best podcast hosting platforms will help you with these steps, but we also have a podcast directory guide that should help you get started as well.

Recommended Complementary Services
Here’s a handful of useful services that I recommend for podcasters. You can also check out the full list of podcasting resources.

Web Host
You really should have your own website. You want a place to send your listeners that you own. Some of the podcast hosting companies will provide a basic free website, which is great when first starting a podcast. But if you want more flexibility and customization you’ll need to go with your own web host for WordPress.

Want to create your own podcast website? Here is a guide on how to start a WordPress blog.

I’m a big fan of WordPress (you can use the Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin to get your podcast feed set up or simply embed a player from any host).

Here are my recommended web hosting companies:

Bluehost
my “go-to” for smaller (under 20K visits/month) sites.
They make it super easy to get started and have great pricing, 24/7 support, free SSL, and a free domain name!
There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee too.

Kinsta
has entry-level plans for people just getting started (and of course have plans for larger sites too) and I love what they offer. I use them to host this site and several others.
They are dedicated to hosting blazing fast and stable WordPress sites. They have an impressive client list (including us) and really useful features. Things like 1-click staging allow you to configure your site in a test environment before pushing it live to the world (also great if you accidentally break something).
If you never want to worry about your site going down when your podcast gets mentioned on that big news site, sign up with Kinsta.
Plus, they recently added a risk-free 30-day money-back policy!

Podcastpage
Another great option if you don’t want to go the WordPress route is Podcastpage.
They are website builder specifically built for podcasters to quickly and easily get a website up and running (think Shopify but for podcasts instead of online shops). This is a great way to go because you can integrate Mailchimp or ConvertKit to build your email list (one of the best ways to grow your show). No coding necessary and you can get your site up in minutes. It starts at $8/month or $80/year but you can test it out for 14-day free!

Domain Names
Even if you don’t get your own website host, you’ll want a domain name (the .com) to use for your podcast.
And if you’re like me and want an easy way to register a domain name the second an idea pops in your head, I recommend buying from a dedicated domain name seller…

Namecheap
Namecheap gives you free Whois Privacy when you purchase a domain name. That will prevent people from spamming you because your contact info is public. They also offer SSL certificates, hosting and more. Grab your .com now!

Name.com
Name.com is based in Colorado (the state I live in) and I like to support local companies. They make it really easy to search for and purchase domains.

WordPress Themes
Sure you can always find a free theme, but I find they are either too limiting or too bloated with stuff and slow your site down. And who knows when or if they will be updated – it’s just a recipe for trouble. I used to work for a company that designed websites and we always used WordPress themes that focused on speed, stability, and great design…

I like DIVI The Most! Ive very flexible. I use it for ALL of my websites

StudioPress
All the themes on StudioPress are built on the Genesis Framework, which means they are SEO-friendly, stable, fast, and always up-to-date. They also have detailed setup tutorials to help you get your site looking like the demos as well.
Another option you should know about:
They were recently bought by WPEngine, so you can get access to every theme (35+ professionally designed themes) when you sign up for a WPEngine hosting plan.

Email Marketing
Email is the most powerful way to grow your podcast. You can let people know about new episodes, special offers, meetups… anything!

ConvertKit
You absolutely want to use ConvertKit as your email provider.
They were built specifically to fit the needs of podcasters and bloggers, unlike some of the other, more popular names in email marketing.
There’s a bunch of reasons why they are great, but I recommend checking out the short video demo and signing up for a trial to see for yourself.

Leveling & Tagging
Auphonic
The main purpose of Auphonic is to compress and level your audio so you don’t have really loud and really soft parts. But it does a lot more:
I have it automatically send my podcast episodes to SoundCloud and YouTube, and it also saves a copy of the compressed file in Dropbox – all after my .mp3 file is properly tagged with my episode info and cover art.
Feeling generous? You can donate credits

Transcription
Descript is an amazing service that is basically a Google Docs-style editor for transcripts. You can use it for audio or video – it’s really amazing.. get 100 free minutes here.

Scribie is a transcription and caption service that uses people to transcribe your audio and videos. It starts at $0.80 / minute and goes up depending on how fast you need it back. They have options for different dialects of English (UK, Australian, American, Canadian) and an easy to use dashboard. Try it out!

Podcast Reviews
Chartable
will show you your podcast’s ranking with a quick indication whether you are moving up or down:
Notice how they include Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Podcast Addict in addition to Apple Podcasts? That’s a nice bonus.
They also provide rank history & reviews for different countries and platforms:

Every country has a separate version of Apple Podcasts (iTunes) and it would be next to impossible to monitor your reviews in all of them without a service like this.
You can choose to have a daily or weekly update email as well. You can also use their SmartLinks feature to track how many downloads your podcast gets from specific link clicks. You’ll need to integrate their Trackable service for everything to be all tied together.

Podkite
is a similar service that gives you rankings trends for Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts:
Podcast Player
Fusebox Podcast Player
Pretty much every podcast host has their own player you can embed on your website, but if you want a great-looking player for WordPress, Fusebox (formerly Smart Podcast Player) is your answer.
It was developed by Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income and is used by some of the largest podcasts out there. Check it out!

Podcast Distribution
After you get your hosting all set up, you’ll want to make sure to get listed on the top podcasting directories so people can find and listen to your show. The most popular directories are Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes), Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, and TuneIn.
Here are some additional places to distribute your podcast.

If you use Auphonic (look in the complimentary services section), you can connect these and have your episodes automatically uploaded to your host. Some of the podcast hosting sites will do this for you too.

You can connect Auphonic to YouTube and have your episodes automatically pushed as ‘unlisted’ so you can go in and add a great description and tags before making it public. Your cover art is used as the visual for the video.

Last edited:

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The Two Pillars Of Podcasting
Before jumping right into our top promotional strategies, let’s take one step back to assess the foundation of our podcast. We’ll start with the two main pillars of podcasting, quality content and time. We need to make sure what we’re currently creating is worth promoting and that we have realistic expectations around the timelines of success.

Quality content
Marketing a bad product is a waste of time. No amount of money, creative marketing angles, or Hail Mary strategies will grow a stale podcast. So before you start trying to crack the code on promoting a show, first make sure it’s up to snuff.
What makes a good product? It has to hit these three qualities:

1. Valuable: Your listeners need to gain something from the episode. They either learned new information or a skill, were entertained, or satisfied a curiosity.
  2. Unique: Your podcast’s point of view adds something new to the conversation, however slight. Uniqueness varies for every topic so start by creating Venn Diagrams against others in your niche. If too many data points land in the middle, focus on refining your differentiating factors first.
  3. Sticky: You podcast needs to capture and sustain an audience’s attention. If your current listeners aren’t consistently consuming your episodes in full, focus your efforts on the content better. Listen to podcasts that are similar to yours, study their formats, content, and structure. Think about how you can incorporate those features into your show and improve upon what they’ve created.
The best long-term strategy to promote a podcast is by providing value. Gimmicks and shortcuts may work in the short-term, but they won’t sustain you. Instead of leaping on the latest marketing trend, focus on creating value through strong relationships and quality content.

Time
With quality content under your belt, next turn to the second important pillar: time. We know Rome wasn’t built in a day and the same can be said for podcast audiences.
Remember, many hosts produce a podcast for 5-6 months before seeing major upticks in their listenership. That means persistently promoting ten top-notch episodes that ultimately see minimal engagement. Don’t get discouraged.
Trust that promoting a podcast takes time and growth depends on consistently producing engaging content.

How To Find The Right Strategies To Promote A Podcast
With so many marketing strategies to choose from, there’s a process to figure exactly which tactics are right for your show.
As you work to find your perfect marketing mix, keep these two factors in mind.

Focus on your audience
It would be great if your podcast appealed to everyone, but that’s probably not the case. Instead of trying to market to all podcast listeners, focus on the ones who get the most value from your show. Over time, take steps to learn as much as you can about that audience so you can design promotions that find them with the right messaging.
Aggregate everything you know about your listener into an audience persona document so you can refer to it when crafting marketing copy.

Experiment and measure
Whenever you take steps to promote a podcast, it’s important to try new things and measure their results. In fact, you should run multiple tests to find the tactics that work.

For instance, let’s say you decide to answer questions on Quora to drive traffic to your podcast’s website. It would be smart to add tracking codes to the links in your answer to determine how many people ultimately land back on your site. Without any tracking parameters, it’s difficult to decide if a tactic is successful or not.

The data generated by tracking experiments provides actionable insights into what channels drive new subscribers. In marketing, focusing on real-world numbers is a better strategy than going with your gut feeling.
With a foundation set, let’s start with our 20 tried and true strategies to turn up the heat on your podcast promotion.

Podcast Marketing Strategies For 2020
Podcast promotion isn’t a one-size-fits-all game. A strategy that floods hundreds of downloads for one show may be a slow drip for another.
Keep variety in mind when charting out a marketing strategy and see what sticks. You’ll have to go through trial and error at the start, figuring out what works and on which channels. Testing new ideas, different messaging angles, and pushing yourself out of the box may unearth the audience you’ve been searching for.

Basic podcast promotion
Release at least 3 episodes on launch day
If you haven’t launched your podcast yet, create at least three episodes before you release. If you don’t have a few episodes for new listeners to explore, there’s a good chance they won’t become invested and will probably forget about you.

Online business coach Pat Flynn recommends posting three to five episodes at launch so new listeners can binge a bit. “I actually received negative reviews from people who had listened to the first episode and were upset that there was only one,” he says.

Submit to podcast aggregators and directories
What Is A Podcast Directory?
For listeners, a podcast directory is one way to discover and consume podcast episodes. Directories are typically categorized alphabetically or by genre to aid in discovering new shows. According to Chartable, two of the most popular listening platforms are Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
chartable-most-popular-podcast-directory.png

A podcast aggregator, called a podcatcher, is an app that plays podcasts. The most well known podcatcher is Apple Podcasts, the default podcast app that comes with iOS. But there are plenty more, including:

How To Submit A Podcast To The Most Popular Directories
Beginning with the most popular podcast directories, these are the places the majority of podcast listeners consume content so it is extra important to list your show with each.

So let’s get to it. Here are instructions on how to submit your podcast to every single one.

Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes)
Apple Podcasts is the biggest podcast directory in the world. It’s been a major player since it launched in 2005. It used to be part of iTunes, but Apple rebranded it as a standalone product, Apple Podcasts, due to its popularity.
This is one of the most important podcast directories to list a podcast with. Some people go so far as to say that if you aren’t listed on Apple Podcasts then you aren’t really podcasting. It’s that significant.
Here’s how to submit your show to Apple Podcasts. You should receive an email in 6 to 48 hours confirming that your show was accepted.

Google Play Music
Google Play is another massive player in the podcast space. Android powers more devices than any other operating system, so you can’t leave it out.
Check out our full guide on submitting your podcast to Google Play.

Google Podcasts
No this isn’t a mistake, Google has two ways for people to tune into podcasts. Launched in 2019, Google Podcasts automatically crawls the web to aggregate podcast content.
The best part about this directory is Google now shows podcast episodes in search results, making your show even more discoverable.
See how to submit a podcast to Google Podcasts for complete instructions. We’ll also show you how to check if Google’s bots have already aggregated your podcast.

Spotify
Spotify is quickly becoming one of the most popular podcast directories. With 271M monthly active users, Spotify is a massive hub for audio content.
Recently, Spotify purchased Gimlet Media and Anchor highlighting their massive investment in the industry. Some think it’s a good thing and other bad. Either way, don’t miss out on putting your show in front of their engaged user base.
Learn how to submit a podcast to Spotify. If you’re a Castos user, you can submit your show directly from the Castos dashboard.

Stitcher
Stitcher was the default alternative to Apple Podcasts for Android users until Google stepped into the podcast scene. It built a decent audience that still uses the app today, so you’ll want to register with them too, even if you’re already on Google Play.
Stitcher is unique because it offers some analytical tools to help you understand how your podcast performs. Keep in mind, however, that this data only applies to your show’s performance on Stitcher. It doesn’t report on your performance on other platforms.
It’s also integrated into more than 50 car models and works in any vehicle equipped with Apple’s CarPlay or Android Auto. You’ll definitely want to use this podcast directory if you think your audience likes to listen to you while they drive.
Follow our quick three step guide to submitting a podcast to Stitcher and watch the video tutorial to set up your show on the platform.

Podchaser
Podchaser is a massive database of podcasts. Listeners can review and rate individual episodes to help other users discover new content. Each podcast gets a profile so everyone can see a list of episodes, information about the creators, reviews, statistics, and more.
Podchaser listeners also love their category and list features. With each, users can filter for their specific interests to discover shows that suit their needs then create a list of favorite episodes that can be shared.
To submit your podcast to Podchaser, you’ll first need a creator profile. Follow the steps to fill out your profile and submit your RSS link.

TuneIn
TuneIn is technically a radio platform, but it’s becoming popular among podcast listeners – especially listeners who also listen to talk radio, news, and sports content. It has 75 million listeners, so you shouldn’t ignore it.
It’s doubly worth listing your podcast on TuneIn even if you don’t think your audience overlaps because this is where Alexa pulls its audio content.
Submitting your podcast to TuneIn is a straightforward. Visit TuneIn’s submissions page, complete the form, and wait for approval.

iHeartRadio
iHeartRadio is a popular online radio and podcast streaming service, especially for older demographics.
With their weekly Top Podcasts chart and personalized listener recommendations, there are ample opportunities for new people to test out your show.
Here’s how to publish a podcast to iHeartRadio.

Pandora
Pandora is another poplar online streaming service with a powerful recommendation algorithm.
In August 2019, Pandora launched The Podcast Genome Project. It “provides personalized podcast recommendations for each user at the show and episode level based on their likes, dislikes, and other insights from their listening histories.”
Submit your podcast to Pandora in a few simple steps and find the listeners who are looking for you.
Follow these short steps to submit your podcast to Pandora Podcasts.

Podcast Directories That Connect With Apple Podcasts
Due to the importance of Apple Podcasts and the fact that the rity of shows are listed there, many other podcast aggregators use their directory too. This means when you submit a podcast to Apple Podcasts, your show will also be listed across other listening platforms.
Here is a list of some podcast directories that pull RSS feeds directly from Apple Podcasts:
There’s no separate submission process to be included in these directories. Submit your podcast to Apple Podcasts and it will typically show up in each aggregator’s search results in 1-2 days!

Overcast
Overcast is a free podcast player for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch devices. Listeners love it because instead of algorithmic or editor-approved charts, fellow Overcast users “star” their favorite shows to be included in the Featured Podcast section.
Podcasters love Overcast because they offer display advertising slots within the player. Using this service, listeners can subscribe to a new podcast in two clicks directly within the app. It’s one of the most seamless discovery to subscribe processes out there.
Listeners love Overcast because it has some unique features that set it above other iOS apps. Their Smart Speed feature removes silent moments and dead air in episodes. Rather than increasing the playback speed, the app simply cuts it out. It tracks the amount of time a user saves which means they can listen to even more of your episodes.
Another big feature is Voice Boost. It normalizes the volume within an episode so sound levels remain equal listening from one podcast to the next. Goodbye blown out ear drums.

Downcast
Downcast is another podcast player for Apple products. The app offers some more features compared to Overcast, like the ability to save episodes to the cloud and advanced episode categorization. Downcast costs $2.99 and has CarPlay technology plus the ability to stream shows through ChromeCast.

PodCruncher, iCatcher, and Castaway 2
PodCruncher , iCatcher, and Castaway 2 are three more player apps for Apple devices. All offer more advanced features than the built-in Apple Podcasts app making them popular choices among power listeners. Castaway 2 also offers a more minimalist interface compared to other players, showcasing the podcast’s cover art and easy to use playback controls.

Podcast Republic, BeyondPod, AntennaPod, and doubleTwist
Podcast Republic, BeyondPod, AntennaPod, and doubleTwist are other top podcast players for Android users. Podcast Republic offers podcasters the chance at being included in their Featured Podcasts chart. You can also include a custom Podcast Republic subscribe button on your website with their short-code generator.
BeyondPod lets listeners create custom categories for their favorite shows and playlist creation. It also automatically removes already played episodes from a user’s queue.

Other Top Podcast Directories To List A Show
While the majority of podcast listening happens on the above directories, there’s no downside to distributing a podcast to more niche platforms.
Remember our answer from the top of this post: publishing a podcast to every directory allows new listeners to try your show on the platform where they already consume content.
Submit your show to this list of 16 podcast directories to find even more loyal fans.

RadioPublic
RadioPublic’s mission is to “help podcaster grow their businesses and listeners discover them.” They’ve been at it for 15 years and it shows. For audiences, they create a seamless listening experience across desktop and their mobile app. There’s space to create playlists and even add private RSS feeds from places like Patreon.
Given their robust features, RadioPublic is a popular podcast platform so your show should be there too.
You’ll need to create a free RadioPublic account before submitting your podcast. Start the signup process here.

Pocket Casts
Pocket Casts is a free streaming app for Android and iOS users. The app is partially owned by NPR showcasing their commitment to the industry and the needs of podcasters.
They also hand-curate a list of the best podcasts across the directory to put new and emerging podcasts in front of listeners. After submitting a podcast to Pocket Casts, check out the Featured Podcast criteria to get in the running.
Listeners love Pocket Casts because it has all the features that should come with a top-tier app: automatically downloading new episodes, playback speed options, and enhanced discovery options where a user can search by network or trending shows.
Grab your RSS feed link and learn how to list your podcast with Pocket Casts.

Castbox
Castbox is one of the most unique podcast directories because of how much they’ve invested in their search feature. With optimized SEO and a little help from artificial intelligence, they make finding new podcasts simple and painless. That’s why this is a favorite platform for people who like to experiment with new podcasts.
Furthermore, Castbox comes with a suite of social media features. Listeners can comment and share on individual episodes helping you get noticed to grow your audience.
Sign up for Castbox in their Creator Studio then follow the prompts to submit your RSS feed.

Listen Notes
Listen Notes is dubbed “the best podcast search engine. It’s like Google, but for podcasts.” It features over 934K podcasts that have totaled over 28M listens! The platform allows listeners to curate playlists and search across multiple shows surrounding a specific topic.
There are two ways to submit a podcast to Listen Notes, via their website or API. Find instructions for both methods here.

Castro
Castro allows users more control over how they listen to podcasts. From curated queues, setting download limits for show that frequently publish, to custom start times for shows with repetitive intros. It’s the iPhone podcast player designed for podcast fanatics.
And similar to Overcast, they recently added promotional features within their app for increased discovery!
To submit a podcast to Castro, the show first needs to be listed with Apple Podcasts. Grab the iTunes ID to begin listing your podcast with Castro.

Deezer
Deezer is pretty much the Spotify of Europe. To reach a more global audience, listing your show with Deezer is a step in the right direction. They have over 14M users and have recently started including podcasts as part of their streaming service.
Learn how to submit a podcast to Deezer.

Anypod
Anypod allows users to access podcasts on their Amazon Alexa and mobile devices. While TuneIn offers similar functions to put your podcast on voice assistant devices, listing a podcast with Anypod gives users another way to listen.

Search Anypod’s database find your podcast. If it’s not listed yet, reach out to their team at anypodskill@gmail.com.

Podcast Addict
Podcast Addict is the #1 podcast app on Android with 9M downloads. With networks in multiple languages like French and German, power users love the additional discovery opportunities within the app.
The app also supports private RSS feeds if your show maintains a Patreon with exclusive episode content.
Follow these submission instructions to list your podcast with Podcast Addict.

PlayerFM
PlayerFM is an app available for Apple and Android devices plus a web player. Compatible with wearable, CarPlay technology, and TV streaming devices, PlayerFM is a powerful listening platform.
They place an emphasis on discovery with over 500 niche categories to choose from. Listeners can receive fresh recommendations every day so there’s no shortage of episodes to listen to.
Your podcast may already be listed with PlayerFM. To double check follow their instructions here or import your feed directly.

Learning Out Loud
If you host an education podcast, a niche directory to list your show is Learn Out Loud. A popular resource to learn on the go, this podcast directory is one of the internet’s largest catalog of free audio-first educational resources.

iPodder
iPodder is an elite, decentralized directory of podcast feeds. They don’t accept every podcast that submits their form. Instead, they review your podcast for quality content and consistent publishing. We recommend waiting to submit to this directory until you’ve released seven or eight episodes on a regular schedule and you’re proud of their quality.
To apply, visit their podcast submission page, fill out the super short form, and wait 48 hours.

Laughable
Laughable is the best way for listeners to discover comedic podcasts and podcasters. Users can subscribe to specific people and be alerted each time they release a new episode or appear on another podcast.
To list a podcast on Laughable, email your RSS feed link to info@laughable.com.

Acast
Acast boasts featuring “all the world’s podcasts” on their app. With free and premium versions, each offers the unique ability to seamless share podcast recommendations with friends with their Nearby feature.
Submitting a podcast to Acast is easy. Simply add your RSS feed link here.

Podcast Gang
Podcast Gang is relatively new to the scene. Solely a web based player, it’s an easy way for users to tune in online. Users can “heart” shows, leave reviews, and recommend podcasts to others right from the platform.
Submit a podcast to Podcast Gang by going to the footer of their website and clicking ‘Suggest Podcast’.

Listen App
Listen App is still in beta but we have our eyes on them. They’re building a voice-first platform to bring podcast listeners together for an enriched audio experience.
Building a loyal community is a key growth strategy so we have high hopes for Listen App’s ability to help podcasters find engaged fans.
Get on Listen App’s waiting list to be the first to know when they begin accepting podcast submissions.

YouTube
While not a traditional podcast directory, YouTube is a popular platform for listening to podcasts. Syndicate your show by converting each audio file into an MP4 and uploading to YouTube. This technique allows you to take advantage of YouTube’s massive audience.
If you have the resources, consider recording a video of yourself while you host the podcast. If you can’t record a video, simply use your podcast artwork as a single image for the video.

Create accounts and submit your RSS feed to every podcast directory so new episodes will automatically be published to each platform. This will expose you to new audiences as they browse their preferred listening app for new shows to consume.

Prompt your listeners to subscribe, share, and leave reviews
Ask your listeners to subscribe, share, and review your podcast at the beginning and end of each episode. The best way to position these calls-to-action is to be authentic instead of pushy. Be honest and explain that as your podcast grows, you’ll be able to produce better content for your audience to enjoy.

Publish at strategic times
When we spoke with one of our customers about how to promote a podcast, he said it’s critical that you publish at strategic times. If you’re just starting out, look at similar podcasts and identify when they publish. If you see a trend, there’s probably a reason. Follow that trend until you have your own data. Over time dig through your podcast analytics to see when people listen to your episode. If you see a trend within your own audience, experiment to see if it’s true.

Don’t forget about the back catalog
Your back catalog is chock full of interesting content and the perfect way to hook new subscribers. If you mention a topic that you’ve covered in a previous episode, add a quick aside with the episode number: “If you want to learn more about productivity, check out episode #17 where we spoke to John about managing a busy schedule.” Remember to link to them in the show notes to make it easy for the listener to find.

Network with your community
Hacking word-of-mouth recommendations
Word-of-mouth advertising is one of the most effective marketing strategies available. Finding the right places to spread your message is step one. Your audience congregates in certain places in the real world so it’s your job to find them and attend as well. Research conferences, meet ups, or local events in your area that relate to your podcast. Then when you go, have a plan ahead of time to make the most of the event.

Network your heart out by talking to the event’s attendees and speakers. Don’t be afraid to mention you work on a podcast and how it relates to why you’re attending the event.

Network with other podcasters
Promoting a podcast well means staying on top of new ideas, trends, and techniques. The best way to keep yourself informed is by joining a community of other podcasters. They will give you help, offer support, and discuss new ways to promote your podcasts. If you invest yourself fully in a community, it can become one of your best resources.
Here are a few communities to explore:
Cross-promote relevant podcasts
Other podcasters probably have audiences similar to yours. Reach out to those creators and ask to set up a cross-promotion. It’s simple: You mention them and they mention you. Start by reaching out to shows with audiences of the same size as yours. They are most likely to respond.

Be a guest and invite a guest
Pitching yourself as a guest on another show is a great way to introduce your content to an aligned, qualified audience. Similarly, including interesting guests on your own show produces more engaging episodes and adds a unique point of view for your listeners. Be sure to create a podcast press kit for guests to easily share the episode.
Focus on working with other podcasts that are within your niche and have a complementary audience to yours. To find relevant podcasts to work with, try out these resources:
  • r/PodcastGuest Exchange: a subreddit for podcasts looking for guests. Pitch your area of expertise and a bit about your show and others can ask you to come onto theirs.
  • Radio Guest List: subscribe to their Guest Request newsletter and receive pitches from podcasts looking for guests every Monday and Wednesday.
  • Facebook groups: dedicated podcast Facebook groups like Podcast Movement or Podcasters’ Support Group are great places to swap guest opportunities to mutually benefit both shows.
Contact people you mentioned on your show
If you mention a person or brand on your show, reach out to them after you publish the episode. Pull out the quote where you talked about their product and ask if they’d be willing to share your show on social media. This usually only works if whatever you said was positive.
When we asked some of the hosts we work with how to promote a podcast without investing a lot of time, this was a common recommendation.

Add value to online communities
There are millions of conversations happening on Facebook, Quroa, Reddit, and Twitter likely around the topic of your podcast. One of your episodes could add value to the discussion and introduce the show to new listeners.
Search each platform for threads and forums related to your show. Once you find a few groups with enough engagement, start adding your value. But be mindful. This strategy takes tact. First focus on solely being part of the conversation without promoting your show. Actually being part of the community will be beneficial when a the right post to promote yourself does come along.

Get media exposure with HARO
Help a Reporter Out (HARO) is a service that connects journalists with authoritative sources. By enrolling in the platform as a source, media people will reach out to you when they have questions or need comments for articles, TV, or radio. In exchange, they’ll quote you and link to your site.

Social media
Convert your podcast into a YouTube video
Get double the exposure from one episode by repurposing its content for YouTube. The easiest way to upload a podcast to YouTube is to convert the MP3 audio file into an MP4 format. Next add a branded image to appear for the duration of the video and upload. Be sure include show notes and links to your website, subscribe links to other listening platforms, and social channels in the description.
Another route that requires more equipment is recording both video and audio content as you produce an episode. Rather than having a static image on screen, viewers will see the host talking live as they follow along. This is a great option if you interview guests or have a co-host.
Not sure if video podcasting is for you? Read our full guide on four different ways to repurpose your podcast for YouTube and why you should try it out.

Cut that YouTube video into clips
If you repurpose a full episode into a video, why not go back and create shorter 1-3 minute soundbite worthy clips. You’ll captivate the viewers who consume longer videos and those that prefer to share shorter clips.
New viewers can easily consume these videos, get a sense of what your show is about, and decide to listen to your other videos. YouTube’s algorithm will also suggest your other clips, making it easy for users to watch more of your content.

Customize posts to each social media channel
What works on Facebook doesn’t necessarily work on Twitter. People expect different types of content on those platforms. Facebook, for example, tolerates longer posts and deeper discussions. Twitter is for short updates. Your Instagram posts will only do well if there’s a strong photo attached.
So don’t blast the same social media posts to every platform. Customize them so they’re attractive everywhere.

Tease episodes with audiograms
An audiogram is a visual way to promote your audio content. It’s the combination of an image, a soundwave, and an audio track. Sometimes it includes a transcription of the clip (like subtitles). This makes it more attractive to users who expect video content on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Record a tagline with your guest
Have you ever heard a celebrity plug a radio station? “I’m Taylor Swift and I love KIS108.” You can do the same with your podcast guests. These make great teasers without revealing the episode’s content, especially if your guests are well-known to your audience. (Pro tip: Stitch all of these plugs together to make intro.)

Add value on social media
Social media is a great way to connect with new people to grow your audience. But a lot of hosts use social media is an advertising platform. They simply announce their new episodes, promote their promotions, push their merchandise, and advertise for their sponsors.
Instead of announcing a new episode on your preferred social media profile, open a discussion into the topic. Ask the community what they think about the topic or what else they know. Put the focus on them instead of you.
Part of adding value also means giving some things away. Don’t worry – you don’t have to reveal your episode’s big secret/lesson/story, but it’s smart to give your subscriber’s something that exhibits just how much value they’ll get out of the full episode.
We go into more detail about promoting your podcast on social media in our full guide: How to Promote a Podcast on Social Media.
That said, some of your content should be self-promotional. Aim for an 80/20 spread, 80% of content should be valuable and 20% should be promotional.

Run giveaways on social media
It’s no secret that giveaways are great tools to build an audience, even if you don’t give away much. Set up a giveaway event where the winner receives something that relates to your brand. For example, if you podcast about productivity and habits, you could give away 30 minutes of consulting time. Do not give away something generic like an Amazon gift card, otherwise you’ll get sign ups from people who don’t care about your brand. To enter the giveaway, let entrants earn entries by following and sharing your brand. You might give them one entry for following you on Twitter and three entries for referring a friend. Use an app like Wishpond, Woobox, or KingSumo to manage the giveaway.

Your website & newsletter
optimize your podcast website for search
A podcast website is important. From SEO benefits to being a platform you fully control, all shows should have their own site. But what good is a website if you’re not regularly updating it with your freshest content?

Each time you upload a new episode and it’s distributed to every listening app, create a new post on your website too. The post should have an embedded player, transcriptions, and show notes to make the biggest impact.

When you create a page, make sure it’s optimized around a keyword people search for to find that kind of content. Put that keyword in the following places:
  • The page’s H1 title
  • Some of the page’s subheadings including H2, H3, H4, etc.
  • The ALT attribute of any images
  • At the beginning and end of the content
  • In the page’s meta description
  • In the page’s <TITLE> tag, if different than the page’s H1
  • Scattered throughout the content regularly, but don’t sacrifice readability
Recently, Google started crawling audio material and including podcasts in search results. To capitalize on this update, try targeting episodes to a few keyword phrases your intended audience often searches for. Include those same keywords on that episode’s post for double SEO benefits.

Create a dedicated podcast landing page
If your podcast supports your side hustle or blog, create a standalone landing page for potential listeners to explore.
Your landing page should have one purpose: to get people to listen to an episode. Fill it with information to help them make that leap, such as:
  • A simple, clear, benefits-based headline that describes your show.
  • A few paragraphs that describe your show and the purpose it serves. Make sure to hit your listeners’ pain points.
  • Positive testimonials/quotes from listeners or influential people about your show.
  • A list of links to recent episodes.
  • Buttons to subscribe to your podcast wherever you’re listed.
This Conversion Cast landing page is a great example. Notice how it’s informative, but it also drives you to listen and subscribe.

Add links to your email signature
Include links in your email signature to places people can download or listen to your podcast. You should also try including a link or two to your most popular episodes. This tactic doesn’t have the greatest return, but it’s a one-time easy setup.

Start an email newsletter
Email marketing has the best return on investment out of all the digital marketing channels: 4400% ROI and $44 for every $1 spent. It’s a simple and intimate way to connect with your fans.

Paid advertising
Purchase paid ads
Paid ads are great ways to collect traffic by connecting with your target audience. Facebook ads display to people whose interests align with your targeting. There are two ways to go about this:
  • Purchase ads that link to your podcast’s landing page. This method is easy to set up once and leave it running, but you’ll have to target a broad group, which could be expensive.
  • Purchase ads that link to individual episodes. This method is effective because you can target people who are only interested in that episode (often done by targeting your guest’s name), but it’s more complex to set up and you have to do it for every episode.
Leverage influencer marketing
Influencer marketing is the practice of using influential people to expose your podcast to new audiences. Essentially, you just find someone who has a following that overlaps with your target audience, reach out to them, and build a mutual beneficial partnership to promote your podcast.
Keep in mind that if you want to work with an influencer, you have to give something back as well. You may have to give them a shout out on your show, free products, or some kind of monetary compensation. Every influencer has their own goals, so be open to unique arrangements.

Advertise on podcast apps
If you’re already on the popular podcast apps, like Overcast or Listen Notes, etc.), consider boosting your show’s position by purchasing ads. How your ads appear will depend on the app, but in most cases the ad will place your show at the top of your category list. In some cases, the ad will place your show in the “what’s hot” or “most popular” categories (or their equivalents).

Purchase Google AdWords ads
AdWords are simple: You buy ads on Google for terms people search, like your podcast’s main topic. When searchers click on an ad, they are taken to your podcast website.
Unlike Facebook ads that interrupt the user experience (as targeted as they may be), AdWords put your website in front of users when they’re already looking for that kind of content.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I currently use Anchor and Youtube for my improv podcast. Anchor gets to it other platforms.
what about having your own rss feed link? I was concerned about retaining as much of my ownership of my content as possible.
do you pay for your anchor account?

youtube video or youtube podcast outlet?

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what about having your own rss feed link? I was concerned about retaining as much of my ownership of my content as possible.
do you pay for your anchor account?

youtube video or youtube podcast outlet?
We record on Zoom, then we upload to YouTube and Anchor. I don’t pay for an Anchor account, I'll look into the rss feed stuff today.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Mailbox always dropping heat! What else you got going?
IM focused on putting together a podcast network.... I know a few people who would do exceptionally well... if i can fix it so all they have to do is research their topic, find a place to sit & RECORD 2 - 3 or maybe even 4 eps in 1 day..... for 2 weeks I could do everything else & get it popping. Websites, social media accounts, emails...

My sister is a registered nurse .... Ive been trying to tell her how she could make 10xs what she's making now just talking about nursing issues, possibly promoting products as a result of high listenership or viewership... public or zoom style speaking events, consultations... we split the ad money 50/50!

Same with my brother whose a Union Electrical Worker outta jersey.... Not too many black electrical workers in the electrical workers union.
Then he used to be heavy in the streets.... thats another lane. same rundown...

Then I have my cosmetic tattoing / nano shading / microblading, eyebrow arching, & lash extension podcast / live streaming broadcast I also have a social worker / clinical mental health podcast to support my masters degree work coming too...

The hook is retaining ownership of the web address & all associated social media accounts. Run EVERYTHING thru the PRIVATE email account I would create via the website I built & host on my hosting account. This is the new way to put out acts/artist.... some shit is gonna pop... some shit is gonna flop! But if it pops! Its really pops for a long time.

Broadcasting it via obs is the ultimate for me. shit is wide open right now. It's the youtube of live-streaming.
Broadcasting it via OBS is like the difference btwn radio, tv, & the movies.... you got podcasting, vblogging, & live streaming broadcasts ( OBS).