science question- where ya at geniuses?

sean69

Star
BGOL Investor
See, this is the problem with googling answers. Everything you said is 100% correct. Unfortunately it has NOTHING AT ALL IN ANY WAY to do with the post you quoted. NO-THING. What you copied has to do with our current theory as to the end of the universe. Dude was talking about when our galaxy collides with the Andromeda galaxy. :smh:

Oh dear. I'm not about to pull a Scorp v 4ce with you dude.

The poster I quoted crudely described cosmic red out which IS related to
what I posted.

I then sited other scenarios that current science predicts as the ultimate fate of the universe.

What's the problem officer? :dunno::confused:

A graphic in the September 2009 issue of Scientific American, page 42, llustrates this.

I'm just trying to exchange knowledge here, akin to stuff I often learn from threads like this. Google or no Google, who fucking cares? :confused:

But carry on my Google cop friend. :smh:

Last edited:

Twiceasnice45

Potential Star
Registered
Oh dear. I'm not about to pull a Scorp v 4ce with you dude.

The poster I quoted crudely described cosmic red out which IS related to
what I posted.

I then sited other scenarios that current science predicts as the ultimate fate of the universe.

What's the problem officer? :dunno::confused:

A graphic in the September 2009 issue of Scientific American, page 42, llustrates this.

I'm just trying to exchange knowledge here, akin to stuff I often learn from threads like this. Google or no Google, who fucking cares? :confused:

But carry on my Google cop friend. :smh:

How is the collision between the Andromeda Galaxy and the Milky Way a "Crude" reference to a Cosmic "Red Out". If a cosmic "red out" Takes place at the end of most life cycles of stars and galaxies then you are mistaken. The collision between Adromeda and the Milky Way will occur a mere 6 billion years from now. Possibly before our sun dies.

Olosi

Star
Registered
:lol::lol:

I get that. I know the sun is a star. But the earth only orbits the sun, as I assume all the other stars are, but if I'm correct, some stars out there are even bigger than the sun,some that we can see under certain conditions. If they all orbit the sun, then I assume they all stay in a fixed place because of their orbits.

I knew I'd get clowned for it, but whatever. :lol:

You didn't ask the question correctly,that's all.

sean69

Star
BGOL Investor
See, this is the problem with googling answers. Everything you said is 100% correct. Unfortunately it has NOTHING AT ALL IN ANY WAY to do with the post you quoted. NO-THING. What you copied has to do with our current theory as to the end of the universe. Dude was talking about when our galaxy collides with the Andromeda galaxy. :smh:

How is the collision between the Andromeda Galaxy and the Milky Way a "Crude" reference to a Cosmic "Red Out". If a cosmic "red out" Takes place at the end of most life cycles of stars and galaxies then you are mistaken. The collision between Adromeda and the Milky Way will occur a mere 6 billion years from now. Possibly before our sun dies.

I read about this in the article by Michael S. Turner in Scientific American (here's the link to the article but I think you need to have subscription: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=origin-of-the-universe) I get it in the mail.
It stated that the collision between our galaxy and Andromeda is predicted to occur 20 billion years from the aftermath causing continued acceleration of the galaxy pulling all other galaxies out of our view hence the red-out.

As for definition of a cosmic red-out occuring only upon the "death" of a galaxy or star :dunno: ... I'm not sure. Are you sure about this? If so, I guess I stand corrected and misinterpreted what I read.

I'm gonna research this further.

Twiceasnice45

Potential Star
Registered
I read about this in the article by Michael S. Turner in Scientific American (here's the link to the article but I think you need to have subscription: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=origin-of-the-universe) I get it in the mail.
It stated that the collision between our galaxy and Andromeda is predicted to occur 20 billion years from the aftermath causing continued acceleration of the galaxy pulling all other galaxies out of our view hence the red-out.

As for definition of a cosmic red-out occuring only upon the "death" of a galaxy or star :dunno: ... I'm not sure. Are you sure about this? If so, I guess I stand corrected and misinterpreted what I read.

I'm gonna research this further.

Here it is. My nigga Dr. Neil Tyson describes it at about the 3:00 minute mark. It will happen in about 6 billion years. The theoretical "red out" will hapen much much later as far as I know. All this is theoretical so what you say might be some other theory you must understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5IFYLWiAUs

sean69

Star
BGOL Investor
Here it is. My nigga Dr. Neil Tyson describes it at about the 3:00 minute mark. It will happen in about 6 billion years. The theoretical "red out" will hapen much much later as far as I know. All this is theoretical so what you say might be some other theory you must understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5IFYLWiAUs

Ahh. Thanks for the vid.

Doesn't quite explain what i was getting at but I get it now.

Just got it clarified. It's the "redshift" resulting from receeding galaxies from a frame of reference that could be the result of a variety of factors including inter-galactic gravitational interactions including collisions.

Thanks for the civil discussion.

Lesane Crooks

Support BGOL
Registered
Its been a minute since ive cracked open a textbook but I am pretty sure intramolecular/strong nuclear forces are stronger than Electromagnetic Force. Somebody correct me if need be.

Gravity may be technically the weakest but dont let it fool you the shit puts down the pimp hand at long distances.
I would wager that is technically the answer to the OPs question.
Gravity/Mass driven motion.

Another Trek map from a screensaver i used to have-
galaxy_map_1024x768.jpg