SAXOPHONIST DAVID SANBORN HAS PASSED AWAY

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Man.... being in my 50s I'm glad to be of age where we came up listening to all kinds of music. A significant part of my high school years was spent listening to Sanborn.....Grover Washington..Najee ...and the like

I am also a fellow sax player...and this dude was one of the greatest.

RIP David Sanborn....

Last edited:

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I.c it know exactly who he is but the name sounds familiar I remember djs name dropping him on the smooth jazz station I for log heard one of his cuts .

SoulPatch

Star
Registered
For me, this is the sexiest lick EVER played on a saxophone. He and Marcus Miller wrote it. Sanborn's improvisations are amazing on it. Marcus Miller's bass playing on it is impeccable, and Valerie Simpson's vocals is almost spiritual. Incidentally, I actually met her and Nick once when they were in the audience at the Appollo to see Sounds of Blackness live in concert.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
For me, this is the sexiest lick EVER played on a saxophone. He and Marcus Miller wrote it. Sanborn's improvisations are amazing on it. Marcus Miller's bass playing on it is impeccable, and Valerie Simpson's vocals is almost spiritual. Incidentally, I actually met her and Nick once when they were in the audience at the Appollo to see Sounds of Blackness live in concert.

I forgot about this song thanks for posting it. Wow he made a lot of songs between the 70s and the 90s.

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
This is from my favorite David Sanborn album.
A young Marcus Miller playing bass, and Hiram Bullock on guitar.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Damn. I only heard of him. Because of all the jazz, my mom had me transfer to her ipod, and mix CD's.

RIP