Samsung Note 20 - Samsung Z Fold 2

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Placed my order earlier.

Note 20 Ultra Bronze
Galaxy Watch 3
New ear buds

All for just under $1,000 before tax with my Note 10+ trade in.

Couldn't say no to that deal.
Great deal.

yqtMP4.jpg

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Placed my order earlier.

Note 20 Ultra Bronze
Galaxy Watch 3
New ear buds

All for just under $1,000 before tax with my Note 10+ trade in.

Couldn't say no to that deal.
mine came to $900+ trade in without gear3 ! how u pull that off?

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
They say that on Samsung’s site there is an option in their menu under offers for a Discount Programs.
fhp8rNV.png

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
100% I'm getting the Fold 2. I had this Note 9 for 2 years now and held off getting the Note 10 last year cause I was thinking about getting the first Fold. I'm glad I waited cause the new Fold looks amazing!!!!!!

M3MD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
mine came to $900+ trade in without gear3 ! how u pull that off?

I did Samsung's reserve option prior to the announcement on the 5th and that gave you an additional $50.00 on trade in ($700 for my Note), 10% off the watch and buds, plus an additional $200 Samsung store credit!

I couldn't believe it myself when I saw the subtotal of $989.97.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I did Samsung's reserve option prior to the announcement on the 5th and that gave you an additional $50.00 on trade in ($700 for my Note), 10% off the watch and buds, plus an additional $200 Samsung store credit!

I couldn't believe it myself when I saw the subtotal of $989.97.
yes i saw that i think i skipped the reserve option $50 but got the $200credit

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is be the first year I'm not getting a new Note going back to the Note 4.....Too much for too little.
Yeah i think NOTE5 was the baseline cap off ever since its been tiny increments! but for some of us MEDIA is king and i use alot of data and media files , need the speed and edit capabilities

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Samsung Note

I just tried the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra's coolest feature — and it's a big step forward

The wireless DeX mode on the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra lets you do things the iPhone can't

BvXTEnubJaDPhvnpx266WE-1200-80.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra has a lot of noteworthy features, from S Pen improvements and 120Hz display to a 50x Space Zoom camera. But the most exciting feature for me is DeX mode, which gets a huge upgrade with this big-screen phone.

For the first time, DeX goes completely wireless on a Samsung phone, which delivers a desktop-like experience on TVs, letting you run multiple apps at the same time on the big screen. You can also stream movies, videos or even games to your TV, though the latter proved tricky. Here's what wireless DeX mode is like on the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

F7siPbsE-720.jpg

To get started, all you have to do is swipe down from the top of the Note 20 Ultra's display and press the DeX button. From there, the phone will start to search for nearby TVs or streaming devices that support the Miracast standard. I got wireless DeX mode to work on a 55-inch TCL Roku TV, an Amazon Fire TV Stick and a Roku Streaming Stick Plus, but spent most of my time using the TV.

After connecting to my Roku TV, I saw the Samsung DeX logo splash on the screen and then a desktop environment appear. There are app icons on the screen for your files, the Gallery, Google Apps and the Play Store but you can also add other apps to the desktop.

What can wireless DeX mode do on Note 20 Ultra?

I started by turning the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra into a virtual mouse. After connected to a TV you can swipe down from the top of the screen and enable the virtual touchpad. I simply swiped my finger across the phone's display to move the cursor. The movement was a little slower than I'd like, but I had no problem selecting icons or opening apps.

I started with the Google Photos apps, where I could view images I shot with the Note 20 Ultra's camera on the big screen. You can also go into full-screen mode on apps, but it required that I tweak a setting on the phone. Annoyingly, in some cases I also had to relaunch apps in order for them to go full screen. Still, it was cool to be able to scroll through my gallery and show my kids photos I took on the TV.

I also tried running a couple other apps, including Twitter and Netflix. You can run a few apps at the same time on the desktop, so it really feels like you'r multitasking. And this is something you can't do with AirPlay on iPhones. It was also cool to stream Netflix from the phone to my TV, and the performance remained pretty steady as I watched an episode of Umbrella Academy.

Game on!

Curious to see if DeX mode could handle playing games on a 55-inch TV, I paired a PS4 controller over Bluetooth to the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. Then I fired up a couple of games to see how well DeX mode could handle them.

I started with Fortnite, and my 12-year-old took the controls to see how well the title held up to his usual PS4 sessions. Overall, the action remained fairly smooth on screen, but we saw pixelation here and there. In addition, the PS4 controller was not as instantly responsive with the Note 20 Ultra as it is with the console. Still, I was impressed that the experiment worked.

Playing Asphalt 9 was a different story. With much more fast-paced action, the gameplay stuttered several times during our race, which made it difficult to stay on the track. And the graphics also looked blotchy at times.

Bottom line
The software on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra isn't final, so I'm not ready to pass final judgement on how well wireless DeX mode works yet. But it is a big step forward to be able to beam apps to a big-screen TV without a dock or dongle, as well as enjoy a desktop environment that allows you to multitask. I would just like to see smoother cursor movement and more stable gameplay.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Now Samsung is giving up to $700 Amazon credit for your trade in

9293702.attach

Pre Order Galaxy Note20 5G or Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Get up to $700 on Amazon Credit
This is a Samsung trade-in program. This promotion is only available to Amazon customers who are interested in trading in an eligible device for a Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G or Samsung Galaxy Z Flip device.

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=20966403011

9293690.attach

Now the have my interest

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Samsung

Samsung-tips-a-major-Galaxy-Note-20-specs-advantage-over-the-S20-Ultra-5G.jpg

Now that the S20 series are done and dusted by Samsung, what's there to look forward to? The*Galaxy Note 20, of course, and the company just announced a major upgrade that over the S20 models that may be coming with it.

It may come in the form of tripling the storage speed as Samsung is entering mass production of new 512GB eUFS*3.1*memory for "flagship phones". The 512GB version of the*S20 Ultra 5G*still comes with the eUFS 3.0 standard which, albeit the current fastest, won't hold a candle to what Samsung is about to produce.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra vs Note 20 memory speed specs

"Phones with the new eUFS 3.1 will only take about 1.5 minutes to move 100GB of data whereas UFS 3.0-based phones require more than four minutes,"*says Samsung, which tells you all that you need to know about the future of storage standards. The random operation speeds are also greatly increased with up to 60% better performance.

At a sequential write speed of over 1,200MB/s, Samsung 512GB eUFS 3.1 boasts more than twice the speed of a SATA-based PC (540MB/s) and over ten times the speed of a UHS-I microSD card (90MB/s).*

This means consumers can enjoy the speed of an ultra-slim notebook when storing massive files like 8K videos or several hundred large-size photos in their smartphones, without any buffering. Transferring contents from an old phone to a new device will also require considerably less time.

Besides the 512GB packs, Samsung will also start producing the ultrafast eUFS 3.1 storage memory in 256GB and even 128GB capacities, which comes as another hint that the Note 20 would*mimic the storage models of the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G*indeed.*

That would be a downgrade from the Note 10+ that starts off from 256GB, but let's wait and see how it all pans out on the Galaxy Note 20 storage front.

eUFS-UFS3.1-Press-Release-2.jpg

https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-note-20-vs-s20-ultra-5G-storage-specs_id123041

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Samsung’s own UK website is already selling the Galaxy Z Fold 2 for £1,799
7 comments

Pre-orders will apparently ship on September 17th
ieUJwGI_d.jpg

Screen_Shot_2020_08_05_at_10.25.49_AM.0.png

Samsung announced the Galaxy Z Fold 2 on August 5th, but didn’t give a release date or price at the time, only promising to share more about the foldable on September 1st. But if you check Samsung’s UK retail website right now, it seems you can already pre-order the Z Fold 2 for £1,799, and it’s set to ship by September 17th (via Max Weinbach).

While that price might be eye-popping, it’s actually less expensive than the original Fold’s £1,900 starting price in the UK — a difference of £101. Assuming, of course, that the price listed there isn’t a mistake. Samsung didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

We don’t know yet if a lower price would carry over to the US. The first Fold launched at $1,980, so perhaps the Z Fold 2 will cost less than that. It’s also unclear if pre-orders for the Z Fold 2 would ship any sooner or later than ones sold in the UK.
Screen_Shot_2020_08_27_at_4.25.16_PM.png

A screenshot of the pre-order page on Samsung’s UK website.

Last edited: