Salute to these White Folk out here seeking justice for George Floyd and other victims of police & promising to change their ways

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Joe Burrow chimes in: “The black community needs our help”
Posted by Mike Florio on May 29, 2020, 12:40 PM EDT

Getty Images
The murder of George Floyd apparently has become a tipping point for plenty of NFL players who are choosing not to stick to sports. Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow has addressed the situation in a tweet posted earlier in the hour.
“The black community needs our help,” Burrow said. “They have been unheard for far too long. Open your ears, listen, and speak. This isn’t politics. This is human rights.”
Unfortunately, human rights are politics for those hope to keep human rights in check, or for those politicians who hope to blow a dog whistle (or, as the case may be, a bullhorn) for those who typically keep their racism to themselves — but who definitely carry it with them into privacy of the ballot box.
Treating people with justice and fairness shouldn’t be a political issue. It’s one of the fundamental rights on which this nation was founded, even if those fundamental rights routinely have been and continued to be denied when it comes to African-Americans and other minorities.
This is a simple, binary issue. Either you care about the rights and the well-being of others, or you don’t. Many of those who don’t prefer not to be called out for it or otherwise made to feel uncomfortable about it, prompting them to shout “stick to sports” when confronted with an approach to their fellow men and women that warps the freedoms for which the Founding Fathers fought, and that perverts the teachings of the God they claim to worship.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
But if you’re governed first and foremost by politics, therefore corruption, then you are blind to reality and blind to the truth. Look, one more thing about this Minneapolis situation and George Floyd. I mean it. I hope these cops are dealt with good and hard. I’ve seen the video like everybody else, and it makes me so mad I can’t see straight.

I don’t know… I still don’t know what precipitated it. I don’t know why they had George Floyd on the ground. I don’t know, but I don’t care what it was, unless he fired a shot at them, and even then, there is no… What policy? What policy is there anywhere that mandates that kind of treatment of a suspect or prisoner who is totally under control?

(interruption) Okay. All right. So he passed a counterfeit bill in a store.

Fine.

That doesn’t come close to justifying what happened to him, with people watching that cop for five minutes kill the guy! There’s no other way to describe what happened. I understand people are out there calling it murder. It makes me so mad, I can’t see straight. So, I ask, how does something like that happen? There has to be some police manual or handbook.

Look, you people in law enforcement know I’m at the top of the list of people who support you and understand how hard your jobs are and the rigors and the arduous circumstances you have to go through every day. I still, given all of that, do not… I cannot find a way to explain that. I can’t find a way to justify it. I don’t care what the guy did. If it’s all about a counterfeit bill, it’s even… Look, I gotta take a break because I’m up against it on time. Back in a moment.

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Salute to them, yes...but its not enough. I hope you can continue to add to this thread OP. There should be a helluva lot more joining in. It is up to them to right the wrongs of their ancestors and to discontinue the current systemic racism that exists today. It is up to us to make sure that they do it. This situation is beyond disgusting!

Last edited:

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe I'm angry but fuck them. If they were not riding with Kap or showed this same outrage when this happened over the past 10 years. Then I don't want to hear from them. They are just trying to get sympathy likes. Heard Brady say something about it, fuck you too, you didn't stick up for Kap or have words then with your MAGA hat when questioned.

Watched Undisputed and the white lady started fake crying when she mentioned their own Stephen Jackson was friends with Floyd. Please Shannon had to check you last time you stuck up for the cops, saying they have family too. Fuck out of here.

Sorry not trying to derail your thread.

Can't Trust Em right now.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Maybe I'm angry but fuck them. If they were not riding with Kap or showed this same outrage when this happened over the past 10 years. Then I don't want to hear from them. They are just trying to get sympathy likes. Heard Brady say something about it, fuck you too, you didn't stick up for Kap or have words then with your MAGA hat when questioned.

Watched Undisputed and the white lady started fake crying when she mentioned their own Stephen Jackson was friends with Floyd. Please Shannon had to check you last time you stuck up for the cops, saying they have family too. Fuck out of here.

Sorry not trying to derail your thread.

Can't Trust Em right now.

I KNOW they aint ALL gonna support but its the ones like THIS?

that make me agree with you

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
020913_anhq_psych_640.jpg

Micah_X_Johnson_Dallas_Murder_Cop_Killer_Black_Lives_Matter.JPG

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Afraid of what?

I think @tallblacknyc hit it on the head

they NEVER really vocalized it but just a few days ago?

There were DOZENS and dozens of calls I mean to the point where one show had to STOP taking calls they were so damn racist

but today?

Plea copping, tears and I'm ashamed to be American talk back to back to back.

these Trump demographic white men.

I was shocked as f*ck

maybe its their code word?

but they KEPT saying FEAR and AFRAID and they hear us now etc etc

I don't buy it for a minute

but they AFRAID of SOMETHING

Maybe its the quarantine?

cause WHOLE lot colored folk getting hit the HARDEST

and these white folk stupid (willfully ignorant more accurate)

but they ain't DUMB

they KNOW how its becoming MORE than RACE

its about CLASS!

and rightly or wrongly?

WHITE folk always portrayed and FEELS like they BETTER and got money

and it aint COOL right now to be rich or seen as privileged for the first time in a LONG time.