S.C. mother accused of neglecting 14-year-old's health

SAFOOL

Star
Registered
Sorry if a repost
updated 2 hours, 26 minutes ago

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A 555-pound South Carolina teen who disappeared with his mother after she was accused of neglecting his health was found with her Thursday afternoon at a laundry in Maryland, authorities said.

Paramedics checked Alexander Draper, 14, before turning him over to the Maryland Department of Human Resources, police said. The two were found in Woodlawn area of Baltimore County, police said.

His mother, 49-year-old Jerri Gray, was arrested on a charge of violating a custody order, police said. South Carolina officials plan to pursue her extradition back to the state.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

Authorities said the teen was at a "stage of critical health risk" but wouldn't provide details about his medical condition beyond his weight, said Greenville County Sheriff's Lt. Shea Smith.

Officials are making arrangements to bring the boy back to South Carolina, Smith said.

Investigators didn't know if Gray had an attorney and her relatives have not responded to messages left by The Associated Press.

Failure to appear
The South Carolina Department of Social Services contacted deputies Tuesday after Gray failed to make a scheduled court appearance so officials could begin investigating claims of child neglect and endangerment.

The agency doesn't get involved in such cases based on a child's weight alone, but will take action in "cases where health care professionals believe a child is at risk of harm because a parent is neglecting to provide necessary medical care," DSS spokeswoman Marilyn Matheus said in a statement.

A judge ordered the teen taken into protective custody.

Gray and Draper had been last seen Monday at their home in Travelers Rest, a city about 10 miles north of Greenville.

Investigators said they are trying to determine why they were in Maryland.
c2968cfd-9e5d-473a-ab3a-9373990ba280.widec.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
This puts a new light on basic comprehensive healthcare. It should be scaled from basic for all taxpaying citizens(they deserve it fuck what you say).

Basic 10$ a month
Standard 40$ a month

Let's face it the gov rapes every citizen with taxes. We still have substandard schools, raggedy streets and roads, and raggedy bridges. Then your tax dollars bail out greedy companies and that is okay also. Or your tax dollars funds unpopular wars, shady countries with human rights violations, and unpopular trade agreements. That is okay also. But working poor who pay high ass taxes and get shitty services do not deserve health care:smh:. I am all for universal basic and universal standard. I am all for those who wish to keep their's private and high quality as well. I am not for illegals gettin any. You must be a taxpaying citizen. They deserve it and America is morally obligated to provide a basic one. Then tragedies like this can be prevented. Health is an economic issue. Please believe it.

AtlSportsFan

Star
Registered
This puts a new light on basic comprehensive healthcare. It should be scaled from basic for all taxpaying citizens(they deserve it fuck what you say).

Basic 10$ a month
Standard 40$ a month

Let's face it the gov rapes every citizen with taxes. We still have substandard schools, raggedy streets and roads, and raggedy bridges. Then your tax dollars bail out greedy companies and that is okay also. Or your tax dollars funds unpopular wars, shady countries with human rights violations, and unpopular trade agreements. That is okay also. But working poor who pay high ass taxes and get shitty services do not deserve health care:smh:. I am all for universal basic and universal standard. I am all for those who wish to keep their's private and high quality as well. I am not for illegals gettin any. You must be a taxpaying citizen. They deserve it and America is morally obligated to provide a basic one. Then tragedies like this can be prevented. Health is an economic issue. Please believe it.

Mis-guided outrage my brotha.

This FAT-ASS Kid's problem ain't lack of HEALTH CARE, his Problem is MUTHAFUCKIN' GROCERIES AND lack of PERSONAL DISCIPLINE!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All the Universal Health Care in the world paid for on the BACKS OF OTHER TAXPAYERS would not make this fat-ass, lazy-ass Kid Healthy as long as HE CHOOSES TO NOT PUT DOWN THE GODDAMN FORK!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Liberal Kneegroes need to realize that you cannot solve EVERY INDIVIDUAL'S Problems by taxing other folks even more than they already are!

You wanna tax muthafuckas EVEN MORE and have the Govt. subsidize Universal Health Care, and all this fat-ass LOSER had to do was run his fat-ass around the block where he lives a few times each day to stay in shape and to GET IN BETTER SHAPE and never get that big to start with!

My solution IS FREE TO ALL TAXPAYERS, and your ideas put the Govt. even more into the POCKETS of the working-Man than they already are!

Honestly, which alternative do YOU think is best?