S. African mine discovers 507-carat white diamond

KLEPTO

Star
Registered
capt.79d81b8791a64d6b80b35e1c7b24e961.south_africa_diamond_joh801.jpg

In this photo supplied by Petra Diamonds CEO Johan Dippenaar, holds the 507.55 carat white diamond recovered …

:smh: cacs

JOHANNESBURG (AFP) – Mining group Petra Diamonds has discovered a 507.55 carat white diamond at South Africa's Cullinan mine, one of the largest high-quality rough diamonds ever found, the firm said on Tuesday.

"This spectacular gemstone was recovered on Thursday 24 September and is currently with experts for analysis," said a statement released by the London-listed company which operates mainly in Africa.

Initial examinations of the diamond which weighs just over 100 grams (3.5 ounces), have shown it to be of exceptional colour and clarity.

The diamond is undergoing colour grading, but is believed to be a rare Type II diamond, with very low traces of nitrogen -- considered an impurity -- making them among the most transparent and colourless of the gems.

"The Cullinan mine has again given the world a spectacularly beautiful and important diamond... we now eagerly await the findings of the expert analysis," said Johan Dippenaar, Petra's chief executive.

The precious stone was found alongside three other special white gems of similar colour and clarity, a large diamond of 168.00 carats and two other stones of 58.50 and 53.30 carats.

The mine which was previously owned by diamond mining giant De Beers, is renowned for the discovery of the famed Cullinan Diamond in 1905, which is part of the British crown jewels and weighed 3106 carats.

In May 2008, the mine produced a sparkling 101.27 carat diamond, roughly the size of a ping-pong ball.

The Cullinan Diamond Mine is the third richest diamond producing mine in South Africa.

source http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090929/wl_africa_afp/safricadiamondmining

Deacs

Rising Star
Registered
The African who found it will get 37 cents for his days work and probably a few dollars for the find, while the British Co. will get millions.

pyramidbuilder

Star
Registered
this is absurd...
stupid africana have made worthless treaties with europeans that fucking rip thier stupid asses off worst than being raped. I cringed when a see a european holding the fucking diamond with a big ass smile. that diamond could have fed thousands of africans, but now it will only go into the coffers for the jewish debeers bros legacy... its sad.

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
Nans' are upset like bitch niggas as usual. The worker who found it will get paid something.

Deacs

Rising Star
Registered
Nans' are upset like bitch niggas as usual. The worker who found it will get paid something.

No they won't. If they are like Debeers contractors of locals, they will not be paid anywhere in equivalent for the find and currently not being paid a decent living wage.
-
This is the workings of globalization, which has not changed its operandi in any third world country in relation to resources.
-
Its unfortunate, but it is the fault of their own by letting their greedy ass leaders create these type situations where their resources and wealth are fleeced.

moufasa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
South Africa is actually both white and black, with 5 million whites constituting ~18% of the populace whose family have lived there for centuries. And just as blacks in America are fully American, those whites are fully "African" although not Black Africans

Of course, given their previous despicable apartheid ways, seeing a white South African holding up a diamond says "exploitation".

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
No they won't. If they are like Debeers contractors of locals, they will not be paid anywhere in equivalent for the find and currently not being paid a decent living wage.
-
This is the workings of globalization, which has not changed its operandi in any third world country in relation to resources.
-
Its unfortunate, but it is the fault of their own by letting their greedy ass leaders create these type situations where their resources and wealth are fleeced.

I know about it I went to the GIA before on my Deca trip and when I'm back in the city. I've done some research. As a whole we don't care. As long as our Mothers, Wife or Girlfriend is happy at Christmas, Birthday's etc etc with the Jewelry we buy them we don't care.

MrBee

Fat broads need NOT apply
Registered
this is absurd...
stupid africana have made worthless treaties with europeans that fucking rip thier stupid asses off worst than being raped. I cringed when a see a european holding the fucking diamond with a big ass smile. that diamond could have fed thousands of africans, but now it will only go into the coffers for the jewish debeers bros legacy... its sad.
Nuff said...

Mo Pizorn

Star
Registered
The only thing I'd have to say to that CAC is "short sleeve or long sleeve, mutha fucka"
(Those who saw Blood Diamond will get it)

duppy_maka

Star
Registered

who cares..
diamonds aren't worth shit ....
diamonds are not rare gems..
the debeers corp.
has vaults full with diamonds..
debeers hordes the diamonds to artificially inflate the price...

tab1

Support BGOL
Registered
The African who found it will get 37 cents for his days work and probably a few dollars for the find, while the British Co. will get millions.

I love the way you think!!!!!! we need more like you and me
msm811.jpg

there's no future in frontin

Deacs

Rising Star
Registered
I know about it I went to the GIA before on my Deca trip and when I'm back in the city. I've done some research. As a whole we don't care. As long as our Mothers, Wife or Girlfriend is happy at Christmas, Birthday's etc etc with the Jewelry we buy them we don't care.

We are in agreement on this; capitalist and jewelers had the greatest weapon to be formed for their industry; advertisement and entertainment. They taught the value of meaningless rocks and metals as the ultimate sign of affection and it has only been infectious.
Diamonds is a girls best friend, diamonds are forever,
Bling, or any other stupid names for baubles.
They infect childhood ideals through stories and greed of their parents, adopted charts for gifts on certain anniversary dates. Capitalism is more of a religion, for common sense is not required, only blind faith.
-
As for my wife and I, we believe that the gifts of earth and water are more valuable than anything, besides your principles of life.

Deacs

Rising Star
Registered
I love the way you think!!!!!! we need more like you and me
msm811.jpg

there's no future in frontin

That is true, the only thing that could be done is to teach the truth in the face of the systemic lies of the world. Hopefully enough people wake up to see reality and hold themselves accountable

JD Walker

Star
Registered
With the advent of artificial diamonds, diamonds that have far less impurities, if any, compared to natural diamonds, I don't see the reason why Diamond mining still exist.

Lattimore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
South Africa is actually both white and black, with 5 million whites constituting ~18% of the populace whose family have lived there for centuries. And just as blacks in America are fully American, those whites are fully "African" although not Black Africans

Of course, given their previous despicable apartheid ways, seeing a white South African holding up a diamond says "exploitation".

How much time have you actually spent there? South Africa is 9% white 10% colored and 81% African. Now it's illegal for whites to rape and pillage as they use to. Now all white businesses have to have African partners; someone of African decent got something from the diamond. How you could start your response with "African is actually both white and black" and then compare black americans to whites in South Africans? White Americans raped and pillaged here (ask native americans) and whites brutally raped and pillaged South African for centuries. Either your white or have never been or both- either way your comments are grossly inaccurate.

madgoose

International
International Member

who cares..
diamonds aren't worth shit ....
diamonds are not rare gems..
the debeers corp.
has vaults full with diamonds..
debeers hordes the diamonds to artificially inflate the price...

shhh maan, don't you know they will kill you for saying that?

Self 1

Star
BGOL Investor
Look who’s holding it up. Not the poor saps that’s making pennies a day working to find it.:angry: