Refurbished Products -vs- ebay -vs- Swoopo

Gadgetman

Support BGOL
Registered
Why do people hate refurbished products so much? Even from reputable companies, but will break a leg running to their laptops to order a box of bricks (Laptop in picture on ad) from that guy from Kansas or a some silly penny auction site ???

Example refurbished item from a retailer: Apple iBook G4 PowerPC G4 Refurbished $189.99

The above links to a reputable retailer that has a return policy and warrenty plus you actaully get the merchandised advertised!!!!!!!!!

Example 2: Swoopo
2s0y6wy.png

The above is one of the best gray area scams online right now, while not really illegal, your chances of getting a item at a good price are pretty slim since your paying a fee per bid (SO IN OTHER WORDS.....IF U BID 15 TIMES ON THIS LAPTOP AND DID NOT WIN... U PAID THEM $15 FOR NOTHING !!!!) this company is making a killing :yes:

Example 3: EBAY now you can get a good deal if your careful but the chances of being scam is higher with buying stuff from personal sellers or overseas. Many of you are willing to take this chance even on stuff that don't (private sellers) have return policy or warranty and don't give me that .... well Ebay has a rating system so if u give them bad feedback none sense!!! because they can easily created another account if they get too many bad feedbacks

Last edited:

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
you know what's funny?

we all get the same refurbished laptops from the same place......

Gadgetman

Support BGOL
Registered
you know what's funny?

we all get the same refurbished laptops from the same place......

That's very true also :yes:

Many items on Ebay, Craigslist are refurbished stuff that private seller bought from sites like ours and are reselling for profit (I can't even front cause I do this as well) and the penny site do get their stuff from refurbished dealers too.

Good point.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
here are the specs off of my site:

Features/Specifications:

* Apple iBook G4 PowerPC G4 800 MHz 12.1-inch Notebook

* General Features:
* Mac OS X 10.3 pre-installed
* PowerPC G4 800 MHz processor
* 256 MB DDR SDRAM (supports up to 640 MB)
* 30 GB hard drive
* Slot-loading CD-ROM drive
* ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 Graphics w/32 MB of DDR SDRAM
* Integrated audio with built-in speakers
* Integrated 56K V.92 modem
* Integrated 10/100Base-T Ethernet
* AirPort Extreme ready
* Keyboard with Touchpad
* 12.1-inch TFT XGA LCD display (1024 x 768 resolution)

* I/O Ports:
* One (1) FireWire 400 port
* Two (2) USB 2.0 ports
* One (1) RJ-11 modem jack
* One (1) RJ-45 Ethernet jack
* One (1) Headphone jack
* One (1) Video out external monitor port (requires an Apple VGA display adapter to connect to a VGA connector, not included)

* Regulatory Approvals:
* FCC
* CE
* VCCI
* A-Tick

Package Includes:

* Apple iBook G4 PowerPC G4 800 MHz 12.1-inch Notebook
* Mac OS X 10.3 pre-installed
* AC adapter (Input: 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz, 127 - 182VA / Output: 24.5V, 2.65A)
* Power cord
* Li-ion rechargeable battery

Gadgetman

Support BGOL
Registered
how is that ibook g4?

How old is it..and is it a good laptop?

I honestly don't know that much about the iBooks but I do know that model does not come with the AirPort Extreme card (WiFi card) so a visit to Ebay is must if u want to surf the net. Even with that $220-$250 bucks is great deal if just need a basic laptop with the Apple logo on it :)

The other one on the site does come with WiFi BTW

Last edited:

Gadgetman

Support BGOL
Registered
Refurbished Electronics, huh...

electronics-header_01.jpg

Y'all that stroll 125th know the deal. :lol::lol::lol:

Yo God ......

U going find this kinda hard to believe :eek::eek::eek::eek:

But everybody don't live in New York !!!!!!!!!

Naw..... just messing wit u man
images
:lol:

I hear what your saying.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Most of the computers that I fix all have the same problem, extremely low memory.

Do you know where I can get memory?

samh32

Rising Star
OG Investor
Tiger Direct and the Apple Store :yes: I use both, and have no complaints when it comes to Refurbished electronics.

nimrod-x

Star
Registered
I used to sell refurbished and returned electronics and made a killin'. I got it from circuit city and best buys. I was forced to step back because bigger buyers snatched up my seller so they got first dips on everything. You'd be surprised to know a lot of small asian stores sell nothing but refurb and returns. I like refurbs cause they are sometimes better than new-the bugs were fixed. If my money gets right I'm going back in again.:yes:

Bxlegend

Rising Star
OG Investor
Why do people hate refurbished products so much? Even from reputable companies, but will break a leg running to their laptops to order a box of bricks (Laptop in picture on ad) from that guy from Kansas or a some silly penny auction site ???

Example refurbished item from a retailer: Apple iBook G4 PowerPC G4 Refurbished $189.99

The above links to a reputable retailer that has a return policy and warrenty plus you actaully get the merchandised advertised!!!!!!!!!

Example 2: Swoopo
2s0y6wy.png

The above is one of the best gray area scams online right now, while not really illegal, your chances of getting a item at a good price are pretty slim since your paying a fee per bid (SO IN OTHER WORDS.....IF U BID 15 TIMES ON THIS LAPTOP AND DID NOT WIN... U PAID THEM $15 FOR NOTHING !!!!) this company is making a killing :yes:

Example 3: EBAY now you can get a good deal if your careful but the chances of being scam is higher with buying stuff from personal sellers or overseas. Many of you are willing to take this chance even on stuff that don't (private sellers) have return policy or warranty and don't give me that .... well Ebay has a rating system so if u give them bad feedback none sense!!! because they can easily created another account if they get too many bad feedbacks

I stay checking out you site fam, but I'm wondering... How often do you update it? Not tryin' to diss or anything, just wondering

Gadgetman

Support BGOL
Registered
I will say Swoopo is real slick to match colors on my site exactly so it does not look like a Google Ad :lol: