R.I.P Jimmy Spicer “super rhymes”

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
Miss me with the youth: that's the disco era. Rappers' Delight, long af, The Breaks, long af, The New Rap Language. Beat Street.... Record execs demanded six minutes songs. Rick James, Prince all got extended dance edits to their 45s. Planet Rock isn't your Old Town Road 2 min. joint.

I used to have a video of an artist from the early to mid 60s who was talking about that. His paraphrased reply to a record exec was "Muthafucka, I don't hear none of you complaining about that symphony shit lasting for 30 minutes to an hour. Bitch, my shit is long and classic too."

I want to say it was Miles Davis, but I'm not sure.

JazzyBenz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I finally got in here and to hear some of this old school rapping....mannnnn this shit takes me back to when I was 10, 11, 12 yrs old with the cassette tapes and trying to mix on wax at my friends house and carrying around a boombox...this was a pioneering genius and he shaped the love a lot of folks have for hip hop today. R.I.P. & R.I.H. sir you will not be forgotten!!

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It is a little later than I’d like yea, but Toca’s still one of the only cats dropping new hip hop regularly so I’m wit it.

Wish they’d switch back with DJ Premier cause he breaks records too, but also spends alotta time interviewing folks.
Tony Touch just spun a dope ass tribute mix on Shade 45. Vibes was reminiscent.

Bless the dead. RIP.
I use to be scratching Dolla Bill on an old record player my pops got me. Rip brother.
I finally got in here and to hear some of this old school rapping....mannnnn this shit takes me back to when I was 10, 11, 12 yrs old with the cassette tapes and trying to mix on wax at my friends house and carrying around a boombox...this was a pioneering genius and he shaped the love a lot of folks have for hip hop today. R.I.P. & R.I.H. sir you will not be forgotten!!

Speaking of old school, this site has some good information on youtube
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-VeDDcHz6mSUxRHm09daA