R.I.P Glenn Fry.... dead at 67

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also, it was written by one of the other Eagles... can't remember his name (not Henley)... blond guy with the beard that plays the double neck guitar next to Joe Walsh in the concert vid. He brought the song to the group, thinking he would sing it for the album..., but Glen Fry & Don Henley said damn, great song.... but you sure as hell ain't singing it; Don's singing it (good choice of course).

Hotel California was about rehab, at least that's what I believe. That's what makes the most sense. Either way rest in peace

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Hotel California was about rehab, at least that's what I believe. That's what makes the most sense. Either way rest in peace

It's usually sad when someone dies, but I never really liked Henley either as a musician or a person. That being said I guess I'd rather have him rest in peace than blinding agony.

The rehab angle is interesting though. I always thought the song was about a drug den. Especially since every real hotel California I've ever seen has been a sleazy flop house

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wow another great musician,there are some that you can actually hear their hearts and souls in their performances and music and Frey was one of them RIP

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Caught the show last year. And yes, they sound just like the album, live!!!! The greatest rock and roll band of all time. Greatest hits album went platinum 16 times over....

Amen Brother this is a sad day. I along with my friends loved the eagles. That greatest hits album was a must have back in the day.
R.I.P Glen Frey you will be missed. :(

HNIC :guitar01:

RepostKing

Back up Modrator
Registered

Also, it was written by one of the other Eagles... can't remember his name (not Henley)... blond guy with the beard that plays the double neck guitar next to Joe Walsh in the concert vid. He brought the song to the group, thinking he would sing it for the album..., but Glen Fry & Don Henley said damn, great song.... but you sure as hell ain't singing it; Don's singing it (good choice of course).

It's usually sad when someone dies, but I never really liked Henley either as a musician or a person. That being said I guess I'd rather have him rest in peace than blinding agony.

The rehab angle is interesting though. I always thought the song was about a drug den. Especially since every real hotel California I've ever seen has been a sleazy flop house

None of you could quote me??? I said the same shit. Fucking unbelievable blatant shit:smh:

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
99f620969e89cc3843e1ed6a5bfdefdd.gif

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh, you said the shit about the other guy writing it? sorry man; didn't see it.
Edit: wait... I just re-looked at the thread, and I can't see where you wrote about Felder writing the song... you just said it made you think of the history behind it. :grin:
anyway, I thought Felder wrote the lyrics too, but I'm hearing that Don and Glen did and Felder wrote the music. In the Showtime doc, I could have sworn that they presented it as Felder writing it all.

None of you could quote me??? I said the same shit. Fucking unbelievable blatant shit:smh:

Last edited:

BrandNewM

Star
BGOL Investor

Glen Fry passed away not Don Henley.
Rest In Paradise to another great artist taken too soon!

D Kline

PROUD BLACK AMERICAN !
Registered
Damn I just found out he was from a city down the street 5 mins from my crib . :crying: Salute :cheers:

Thanks for the music and memories. The Eagles concert reminds me of the time back in 2003 I saw BB King both concerts were epic.

Concerts on the other side are priceless so much talent known and local kats who did their damn thing. You know folks said he or she was better than well known star here.

D Kline

PROUD BLACK AMERICAN !
Registered
Yo Eagles rock group fans. Tavis Smiley has a two part interview he did with Mr. Frey before he passed on. The first part was tonight and the rest will be tomorrow. If you care to have it I'm sure its on Tavis's site . It was worth a listen.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
umm... because there are some Eagles fans on this board... which you had to have noticed by coming into this thread, and some of them may have wanted to see the documentary about a group that made some good music.
Good music????

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah; good music. I'm sure you don't agree, but here's the thing... nobody gives a fuck about what you think. ....but you come into a Glenn Fry thread to ask silly questions, because that's what you do (that, and comment on dude's dicks).

Good music????