PlayStation ® PS5

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I FINALLY COPPED ONE!!!

Gamestop did a surprise drop, in-store only. They only announced it like 15 minutes before they started doing it at 4pm EST, the employees didn't even know until like a hour before.

Pandemic circumstances aside, because people was CLOSE then a mug - it was actually smart. They took the consoles off the website and made it so only Gamestop employees could do the ordering, eliminating the bots from the equation. The orders were for shipping to home, they weren't in the store.

I jetted over there, got there at like 4:02. The manager was counting off how many consoles vs. how many people were in line. He got to me, I told him I wanted a PS5 physical, he told me I was the last one that could get it.

I was like like 3 spots away from checking out, manager comes back and says something technical happened and they only had PS5 digital bundles now, I took that bitch anyway, I'll trade it later if I got to. I just wanted to be done with this shit, I'm ready to unfollow all these goofy ass Twitter and Youtube niggas, uninstall all these apps and bookmarks. I was so tired of being consumed by this shit and now I'm finally fuckin' DONE, bro.

Waited like 90 minutes total. I got the express shipping, should be home next week, I already had them days off, too.

And I didn't even inquire what the fuck the actual bundle was, I think it's Spiderman, PSN and PS Now, and an extra controller, it was only $692. But IDGAF, that shit could come with Just Dance 6 and Pokemon Yellow. I got mine.

Correction: I still gotta buy Spiderman

EpE0V3NUcAAaTJI
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Welcome Goddammit welcome. :thumbsup:

LsHGF4.jpg

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Gamestop emailed me a digital code for 1 Year of PS Plus and I think a $100 PS Store credit today, and had my console and controller under Shipping Later, so hopefully that means I'm good.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Costco cancelled my Xbox and PS5 order again.

Had to email their executives again to get the order through.

If anybody gets their Costco orders cancelled email the following people:

cadamo@costco.com" <cadamo@costco.com>,
"cjelinek@costco.com" <cjelinek@costco.com>,
"mparrott@costco.com" <mparrott@costco.com>,
"communityrelations@costco.com" <communityrelations@costco.com>,
"jthelan@costco.com" <jthelan@costco.com>,
"PBauer@costco.com" <PBauer@costco.com>,
"hilarygordon@costco.com" <hilarygordon@costco.com>,
"costcocare@costco.com" <costcocare@costco.com>

DiamondKutta

Supernova
BGOL Investor
I walked in to a Walmart and bought mine in Dallas. That was last Tuesday 12/8.

First WM I went to at 5:40am had about 40 people in line so I smashed out to another about 10 minutes away.

I walked up right at 5:56 and there was no line! When people in their cars seen me walking up, there was a mad scramble to get in line. A nigga flat out got in front of me. I looked him dead in his eyes and said "you gonna let me get in line right here." He looked at me and seen I was serious and said "Yeah, go ahead." I ended up being the 2nd in line but somehow the 4th to purchase. Dude in front of me ran his card and it wouldn't go through.

The manager said they had 30 disc units available so damn near everybody in line got one. The Xbox line was short as hell compared to the PS5 line. There was like 5-8 people for Xbox when I was purchasing mine.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
I walked in to a Walmart and bought mine in Dallas. That was last Tuesday 12/8.

First WM I went to at 5:40am had about 40 people in line so I smashed out to another about 10 minutes away.

I walked up right at 5:56 and there was no line! When people in their cars seen me walking up, there was a mad scramble to get in line. A nigga flat out got in front of me. I looked him dead in his eyes and said "you gonna let me get in line right here." He looked at me and seen I was serious and said "Yeah, go ahead." I ended up being the 2nd in line but somehow the 4th to purchase. Dude in front of me ran his card and it wouldn't go through.

The manager said they had 30 disc units available so damn near everybody in line got one. The Xbox line was short as hell compared to the PS5 line. There was like 5-8 people for Xbox when I was purchasing mine.

It was like that at the Gamestop I was at on Saturday with the Xboxes.

They had three registers open, two were doing the PS5/Xbox orders. The manager was on the third register checking out the other people out the store who were getting other things.

Once he got them out, he saw the other cashiers were checking PS5s out left and right, he was like "well does anybody want a Xbox?" It was like 2 people out of 20.

I feel like Xboxes were easier to get. I almost gave up on the PS5 and was about to buy a Series X from Microsoft that same day right before the Gamestop shit popped off. I'm glad I didn't settle.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
It was like that at the Gamestop I was at on Saturday with the Xboxes.

They had three registers open, two were doing the PS5/Xbox orders. The manager was on the third register checking out the other people out the store who were getting other things.

Once he got them out, he saw the other cashiers were checking PS5s out left and right, he was like "well does anybody want a Xbox?" It was like 2 people out of 20.

I feel like Xboxes were easier to get. I almost gave up on the PS5 and was about to buy a Series X from Microsoft that same day right before the Gamestop shit popped off. I'm glad I didn't settle.
Fuck dem Xboxes. :yes:

ky2vg5.jpg

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
So I just came from posting pics in the set-up thread and I have some observations.

First, the previous-gen is still thriving, which should be expected given the pandemic, scarcity of the new consoles, and the fact that we aren't seeing that huge of a jump, this is not SNES to N64.

Second, the PlayStation 5 is definitely leading the new Xbox. All of the buzz is with the PS5. I'm seeing way more PS5 setups and honestly, I'd put the Nintendo Switch ahead of the new Xbox in terms of buzz and honestly if I'm seeing an Xbox controller, it's more often than not, a PC gamer showing of their set up.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
I've had absolutely no luck with the digital system.

In all honesty I will be happy with this shit is over because I'm feeling like a crackhead waiting for an alert.

I haven't had a a full nights sleep since late September.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

great deal for an external ps5 drive, you can only use this for ps4 games
put all your ps4 game here , and use the internal drive for ps5 games

Silk Dogg

Yup
BGOL Investor

great deal for an external ps5 drive, you can only use this for ps4 games
put all your ps4 game here , and use the internal drive for ps5 games

Had to pick the up earlier today. Between Cold War and Cyberpunk, half of the ps5 hard drive is full