Picard Patrick Stewart New Star Trek Series (February 2022)

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm impressed with what they have done so far. They most definitely have listened to the complaints from season one. No copy and paste fleet, no Riker shouting red alert in his damn house, etc.

We're already half way through the season. Only 10 episodes is bullshit when the series is good like Strange New Worlds and Picard is now. They need 26 episode seasons.

My biggest complaint is how much they revealed about the season in the trailers and promos. I avoided as much as I could, but I still knew a lot going in.

My predictions for the show are:

Ro Laren
isn't dead, she's too big to be killed that quickly. No body, no death.

2. I think they will use the hologram of Professor Moriarty as a way to have someone that the changelings can't duplicate.

3. We'll probably see Denise Crosby at some point.

It's not an accident that the 4k bluray for the TNG movies will be released next month (April 4th). I'm assuming they'll be made available in 4k on Paramount plus as well.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I'm impressed with what they have done so far. They most definitely have listened to the complaints from season one. No copy and paste fleet, no Riker shouting red alert in his damn house, etc.

We're already half way through the season. Only 10 episodes is bullshit when the series is good like Strange New Worlds and Picard is now. They need 26 episode seasons.

My biggest complaint is how much they revealed about the season in the trailers and promos. I avoided as much as I could, but I still knew a lot going in.

My predictions for the show are:

Ro Laren
isn't dead, she's too big to be killed that quickly. No body, no death.

2. I think they will use the hologram of Professor Moriarty as a way to have someone that the changelings can't duplicate.

3. We'll probably see Denise Crosby at some point.

It's not an accident that the 4k bluray for the TNG movies will be released next month (April 4th). I'm assuming they'll be made available in 4k on Paramount plus as well.
Captain Shaw is an asshole, but I understand where he’s coming from most of the time.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 3
Episodes 3 - 5

Finished these this morning.

Raffi and Worf have teamed up after piecing together an old Starfleet nemesis has returned.

Picard and Dr. Crusher faced up about hiding Picard’s son from him.

There is a good scene with Riker finally pulling authority over Picard. Back in TNG and the movies, who always submissively backed down when stepping up to Picard when they had a difference of opinion on a major situation. Episode 3 closed out with some major suspense and tension.

Episode 4 mainly played out as a character drama with some of the characters revealing some deep long held feelings. It ended pretty good with the action/suspense of them saving the ship from the Nebula they were in.

Ro Laren returns from TNG and works with Picard to save the Federation. They resolve some issues between them.

Worf, Picard and Riker have met up to end episode 4

Gonna let some episodes stack up before watching again.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Five Episodes In.
Five More Left.

MMMAAAAANNN...
Terry Matalas has been THAT Dude.
If somehow on God's Green Earth he's convinced Avery Brooks to Show Up...

:groupwave:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Catching up with season 3 is the first word out of Jordy's daughter everytime going to be "My dad"?

Also without giving away much the American doctor raised a son with a British accent? :hmm:

Dr Crusher is a grade A cunt.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Ok, I've avoided all the posts in this thread but I need y'all advice. I grew up with TNG and DS9, I'm a Trekkie fr (but would never go to a con or some shit lol). I watched a few episodes of Picard Season 1 but bowed out bc my mans was old af and it made me feel some type of way (and the show wasn't that great tbh). Discovery had it's moments and Strange New Worlds was pretty dope!

I recently found out that there's a reunion of sorts going on on Season 3 of Picard. I guess I'd like a die hard fan's opinion here.... can I watch this latest Season without going back all the way to the beginning or am I tripping?

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Ok, I've avoided all the posts in this thread but I need y'all advice. I grew up with TNG and DS9, I'm a Trekkie fr (but would never go to a con or some shit lol). I watched a few episodes of Picard Season 1 but bowed out bc my mans was old af and it made me feel some type of way (and the show wasn't that great tbh). Discovery had it's moments and Strange New Worlds was pretty dope!

I recently found out that there's a reunion of sorts going on on Season 3 of Picard. I guess I'd like a die hard fan's opinion here.... can I watch this latest Season without going back all the way to the begnining or am I tripping?
Yes you can start season 3 without watching the previous, there is one particular thing about Picard that they mention that happened in Season 1 that you might not get though.

sharkbait28

International Member
Yes you can start season 3 without watching the previous, there is one particular thing about Picard that they mention that happened in Season 1 that you might not get though.

Thanks @Flawless !! Can you put that info in a spoiler tag by what episode it becomes relevant in S3? No worries if not, I'mma start watching in the next week or so either way hopefully, can't miss out on all these legends coming back together like this, :yes:

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

I recently found out that there's a reunion of sorts going on on Season 3 of Picard. I guess I'd like a die hard fan's opinion here.... can I watch this latest Season without going back all the way to the beginning or am I tripping?

Just watch the last episode of season 1, or even the last half of the episode. As Flawless mentioned, there's an event that was mentioned in season three that you'll miss if you didn't see season 1.

Season two is good imo. It's not necessary to understand what's happening in season 3, but it basically takes a specific season 6 TNG episode, and makes a whole season along the same lines.

sharkbait28

International Member
Just watch the last episode of season 1, or even the last half of the episode. As Flawless mentioned, there's an event that was mentioned in season three that you'll miss if you didn't see season 1.

Season two is good imo. It's not necessary to understand what's happening in season 3, but it basically takes a specific season 6 TNG episode, and makes a whole season along the same lines.

Respect @praetor ! Will check this out! Ty :cool:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

I recommend watching season 1 and 2 fully.

There are a number of events that happen that will lead into season 3.

As of now, there are a few important characters from season 1 and 2 that have not debuted in season 3 who will pop up.

When they pop up you will be scratching your head like “Who Dat?” and “What They Talking About?”

Right now they are bringing in the main TNG crew to officially close out their characters. Once that is done, the others will return.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor

I went to a Star Trek convention near San Francisco a few years ago. You're not missing much!

They basically turned the conference room of the Burlingame Hyatt into a giant flea market with vendors hocking all kinds of trek and trek adjacent crap.

Everyday player who's ever been on a Star Trek episode was selling autographs. For $25 you could get the signature of the girl who played O'Brien and Cato's daughter.

The real stars gave speeches about their lives. Some of which were pretty interesting, especially Walter Koenig. William Shatner, obviously the main attraction, used his turn to go on an unhinged rant about monk seals in Hawaii. There was a Klingon death metal band that performed after each speech, but most of the time they couldn't get their cues right.

There is no real thought or organization put behind it. Just a way to cash in on the fans.

sharkbait28

International Member
I recommend watching season 1 and 2 fully.

There are a number of events that happen that will lead into season 3.

As of now, there are a few important characters from season 1 and 2 that have not debuted in season 3 who will pop up.

When they pop up you will be scratching your head like “Who Dat?” and “What They Talking About?”

Right now they are bringing in the main TNG crew to officially close out their characters. Once that is done, the others will return.

Respect, thanks for the advice! I'll hold off until I have time to binge this shit :cool:

I went to a Star Trek convention near San Francisco a few years ago. You're not missing much!

They basically turned the conference room of the Burlingame Hyatt into a giant flea market with vendors hocking all kinds of trek and trek adjacent crap.

Everyday player who's ever been on a Star Trek episode was selling autographs. For $25 you could get the signature of the girl who played O'Brien and Cato's daughter.

The real stars gave speeches about their lives. Some of which were pretty interesting, especially Walter Koenig. William Shatner, obviously the main attraction, used his turn to go on an unhinged rant about monk seals in Hawaii. There was a Klingon death metal band that performed after each speech, but most of the time they couldn't get their cues right.

There is no real thought or organization put behind it. Just a way to cash in on the fans.

Hahaha, thanks for the inside view, this sounds totally realistic and reaffirms my decisions not to go. I was almost tempted a couple of time on leave in the early 2000s lol. :lol:

Sounds as grifty as I imagined. I could prob be persuaded to spend a grip to dap up the TNG crew tho, on some nostalgiac shit.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Respect, thanks for the advice! I'll hold off until I have time to binge this shit :cool:

Hahaha, thanks for the inside view, this sounds totally realistic and reaffirms my decisions not to go. I was almost tempted a couple of time on leave in the early 2000s lol. :lol:

Sounds as grifty as I imagined. I could prob be persuaded to spend a grip to dap up the TNG crew tho, on some nostalgiac shit.

I saw a Gates McFadden and Marina Sirtis speak there. Unfortunately, I missed Michael Dorn.

As someone who grew up watching TNG it was interesting to see how much more they were than just their characters. It's one thing to see Beverly Krusher teach Data how to tap dance. It's another thing entirely to know that she's spent most of her career doing dance theater on Broadway.

It's a bit like going to the movies and running into your math teacher and his family in the lobby. Objectively you know that teachers have lives outside of school, but it's still kind of shocking to see it in person.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I Tell Ya...

After experiencing a really bad emergency medical crisis recently,
'PICARD" Season Three is (practically) the ONLY thing that's making Me HAPPY right now.
I've not Screamed, Cried, Applauded at My TV or at any TV Series so much in YEARS!!!