Outstanding Сasual Dating - Verified Ladies

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
This asshole is posting the same bullshit under multiple accounts. @HNIC Please ban the OP and all his aliases.
It isn't the OP, it must be a program that is guessing passwords then spamming threads with dating websites.
It is happening across all Xenforo message boards. I'll have to come up with a solution, until then I will delete the thread post.

@Lexx Diamond @Camille

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Do we need to turn on two factor authentication or something?
I don't know if two factor authentication will solve the problem.
These are not new accounts, they are mostly old member accounts or active members who haven't been active in a few months.
They have some suggestions on the xenforo website that I'm looking at.
I'm in the early stages of understanding what's going on.
I just don't want to ban member accounts who make these type of post, because it is not the actual member.

HNIC

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
It isn't the OP, it must be a program that is guessing passwords then spamming threads with dating websites.
It is happening across all Xenforo message boards. I'll have to come up with a solution, until then I will delete the thread post.

@Lexx Diamond @Camille

Thanks for clarifying what's been going on. I have observed the phenomenon on more than one occasion over the past few weeks. I deleted the posts but I never banned anyone. It seemed so strange to see such spam from older accounts.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Thanks for clarifying what's been going on. I have observed the phenomenon on more than one occasion over the past few weeks. I deleted the posts but I never banned anyone. It seemed so strange to see such spam from older accounts.
Yea it's crazy, seems like all of he IP's are coming out of Canada.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Do we need to turn on two factor authentication or something?
No. Just stop sleeping on the job.

sleeping-dozing-off.gif

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
I don't know if two factor authentication will solve the problem.
These are not new accounts, they are mostly old member accounts or active members who haven't been active in a few months.
They have some suggestions on the xenforo website that I'm looking at.
I'm in the early stages of understanding what's going on.
I just don't want to ban member accounts who make these type of post, because it is not the actual member.

HNIC
Temporary account suspension?
Force members to update their passwords?
Some members have the same simple password since 2005.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
I just deleted a spam post made using CrimzonEyez username. I sent him a password reset link and banned the IP the post was made with. It's coming out of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland using a VPN.
Cool, I'll do the same thing. If I can find another solution I'll let you know.