*<< Osama bin Laden Moving to Iraq >>*

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="6"><center>Osama bin Laden Looks Like Heading for Iraq<font size></center>

DEBKAfile Exclusive Report
August 8, 2005, 11:52 PM (GMT+02:00)

Coded electronic signals bandied in recent days among al Qaeda Middle Eastern elements across secret Internet sites all carry the same message: the supreme leader, Osama bin Laden, has come out of hiding in Afghanistan and set out, or is about to set out, for Iraq. This is the sense gained from this correspondence by DEBKAfile’s exclusive counter-terror sources.

Some of the signals schedule his date of arrival as the second half of September when Ramadan is estimated to begin. His arrival in Iraq is planned to signal the launching of the biggest offensive his organization has ever launched against the US army. If these signals are a true representation of bin Laden’s plans and not a red herring, what is planned is a dramatic landmark battle in the global war on terror and the Iraqi conflict.

The signals cap a secret exchange of messages in recent weeks in which al Qaeda’s Iraq commander Abu Musab al –Zarqawi attempted to persuade bin Laden to leave Afghanistan and take command of the Ramadan offensive in Iraq. Zarqawi argued the importance of his transferring from Afghanistan to Iraq on two grounds: to boost al Qaeda’s standing as it embarks on an “offensive whose scale and importance rival the September 2001 operation.” and in the interests of his own personal safety.

Zarqawi stressed, according to our sources, that bin Laden will be safer in Iraq than in Afghanistan – an indication of Jordanian terrorist’s inflated self-confidence.

DEBKAfile and DEBKA-Net-Weekly’s experts have authenticated the messages as emanating from Zarqawi. Their secret contents have begun to leak out and set up a huge flap in al Qaeda networks, cells and affiliates in many countries and talk of “a new jihad to honor the leader.”

If bin Laden was indeed swayed by Zarqawi and aims to reach Iraq by mid-September, he has little time to lose and must already have set out on his winding secret journey, or be about to depart. One of his options would be the long way round through Pakistani and Iranian Baluchistan and across the border into Iraq.

But there is an alternative route from Pakistan which he might find easier. DEBKAfile’s counter-terror sources revealed last May that al Qaeda had established a new marine base in the remote Gawatar Bay, a Persian Gulf inlet down the middle of which runs the Pakistani-Iranian border. Al Qaeda operatives are known to be active on both shores – on the Pakistani side, they use as sanctuaries the Baluchi villages strung along the River Dasht which empties into the divided bay; on the Iranian side, the move around the Baluchi port of Chah-Bahar (Bandar Beheshti).

From both these places, al Qaeda has for months been running a sea corridor of smugglers’ vessels into the southern Iraqi port of Basra. There, they clandestinely drop arms and fighters and collect injured men on the return trip for treatment in Pakistan.

Al Qaeda’s marine traffic from Baluchistan was first revealed by DEBKA-Net-Weekly 211 on June 24.

The al Qaeda leader may choose to enter Iraq by sea rather than take the long, overland route, in which case his people will have arrived at Gawatar Bay and making preparations for his journey. He would have reason to believe it is safer. Intelligence of al Qaeda’s Baluchi sea smugglers has reached the American and British naval forces operating in the northern reaches of the Persian Gulf, the Shatt al Arb, Basra and the southern Iraqi oil terminals. Yet neither has been able to put a stop to the traffic.

Bin Laden has proved himself an undercover escape artist par excellence. In the five years since he escaped the Bora Bora siege, he and his party, including his close tribe, have managed to flit from place to place undetected - even when his pursuers were close and watching out for him.

If he does indeed make it to Iraq, the public airing of his presence in the Land of the Two Rivers, would have a radical impact on the nature of the Iraq conflict. No longer a mere guerrilla campaign, it would escalate to a full-scale fight to the finish against al Qaeda in Iraq, analogous to the all-out hostilities in Afghanistan.

Bin Laden’s organization has begun referring to the Iraq conflict in these ultimate terms.

http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=1068

Greed

Star
Registered
amazing article that i dont believe in the slightest.

just like the article says in a different way, this sounds like the dumbest shit bin laden could do.

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great the Bush administration made a nice home for him. They destabilized the government and left a country full of Iraqis that hate the U.S.
A country that before the war had little to do with terrorism is now the terrorist capital of the world. Yet somehow the war in Iraq was supposed to make us safer. Saddam was better at keeping terrorists out of Iraq than the Bush administration.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Greed said:
amazing article that i dont believe in the slightest.

just like the article says in a different way, this sounds like the dumbest shit bin laden could do.
Its an interesting article to say the least. Seemingly, this Jewish website has been more forthcoming in some areas in the past than I have seen in the American media. Whether there is any truth to this article or not, we'll just have to wait and see.

If it is true, however, you guys who have steadfastly maintained that Iraq WAS, at the time of the Iraq invasion, a part of the War on Terror and there was then a nexus between Saddam and Al Qaeda will finally be right -- though after the fact. There are reports out there suggesting that the no-man's land, Anbar Province in northwestern Iraq, has or is becoming the stomping grounds for Al Qaeda.

QueEx

Greed

Star
Registered
que, thats an unfortunate statement from you, and another reason why i regret the demise of the old board. the pre-march 2003 saddam-al qaeda/terrorism link was explored thoroughly. i wish i had the option to just bump the thread in question.

but like alot of things on this board, the majority of the posters back then didnt bump the thread because it didnt already fit their idea of reality.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Greed said:
que, thats an unfortunate statement from you, and another reason why i regret the demise of the old board. the pre-march 2003 saddam-al qaeda/terrorism link was explored thoroughly. i wish i had the option to just bump the thread in question.

but like alot of things on this board, the majority of the posters back then didnt bump the thread because it didnt already fit their idea of reality.
What part of the statement do you disagree ??? Are you not one of those who maintain that there was a pre-invasion Iraq - Al Qaeda nexus ???

You're right (and we both regret the demise of the old board) that topic was rather thoroughly explored, however, I don't recall there being a concensus that Al Qaeda was then a sufficient justification for the invasion. correct me if I am wrong -- and I will stand corrected.

As I recall, the whole emphasis was on WMD, to be or not to be ...

QueEx

Greed

Star
Registered
no, you're not wrong, there was no consensus on whether or not the terror link was sufficient for war, i dont think it was sufficient either, but i think the better arguments were made for the existence of a link in general.

tian

Star
Registered
Osama isn't moving into Iraq, yet. If the insurgency gets the ability to establish a firm stronghold that cannot be penetrated, then perhaps.

But Iraq is too unstable for even Osama, I think. There's no upside for Osama to move there that I can see. All there is is downside. It's still very easy for him to get caught, and I don't think he's very mobile right now.

But, I could be wrong.

tian

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Since when did they need a "firm stronghold that cannot be penetrated". ???

QueEx

tian

Star
Registered
QueEx said:
Since when did they need a "firm stronghold that cannot be penetrated". ???

QueEx

If he doesn't want to get caught, you will need a "firm stronghold that cannot be penetrated." Iraq isn't Afghanistan. With the terrain as it is in Afghanistan, they may have Jimmy Hoffa held up in one of those caves. Iraq, though, is different.

In other words, IMO, I hope Osama does decide to move to Iraq. He'll have a greater chance of being caught.

tian

Gods_Favorite

Star
Registered
tian said:
In other words, IMO, I hope Osama does decide to move to Iraq. He'll have a greater chance of being caught.

tian

Zarqawi has been in Iraq before we invaded it and we still haven't caught him yet, but I do agree that for Bin Laden to move to Iraq would be fucking stupid, we have 150,000+ US Troops in Iraq and if its known that Bin Laden is in Iraq, we will not leave anytime soon and the whole war on terror will be focused on Iraq. We only have 10,000 US Troops in Afghanistan and in 2006 the whole country will be under NATO which means alot of US Troops will leave Afghanistan, so thats a safer place for him even though I think hes in Pakistan.

yallfakin

Potential Star
OG Investor
I think theres some truth to it..Bin Laden is worth more dead than alive and if he is alive he knows that..
If he dies in Iraq...a public death (media publicised) he will be a martyr to all oppressed civilizations and the aftermath will be tragic.
The mideast has been fightin amongst themselves for decades, America and the Coalition of the Willin cant even understand their oppositions fortitude.

I

Irrational32

they will never capture nor kill Bin Laden. This was prophozied to me a couple of days after 9/11 and I def. believe it.... as far as this war on terror goes....it will never be won...The US violated the Koran...Now the US must pay

tian

Star
Registered
Gods_Favorite said:
Zarqawi has been in Iraq before we invaded it and we still haven't caught him yet, but I do agree that for Bin Laden to move to Iraq would be fucking stupid, we have 150,000+ US Troops in Iraq and if its known that Bin Laden is in Iraq, we will not leave anytime soon and the whole war on terror will be focused on Iraq. We only have 10,000 US Troops in Afghanistan and in 2006 the whole country will be under NATO which means alot of US Troops will leave Afghanistan, so thats a safer place for him even though I think hes in Pakistan.

I base my belief in the fact that I think Osama isn't as mobile as Zarqawi.

tian

Fuckallyall

Support BGOL
Registered
Excellent article. Hits that terrorist bullshit right on point.

From National Review Online

August 12, 2005, 8:13 a.m.
Keep Quiet And Listen!
The words of radical Islam speak for themselves.

“You will find that the Jews were behind all the civil strife in this world. The Jews are behind the suffering of the nations.”

When and where did that venom come from?

This last May — and out of the hateful mouth of a prominent Palestinian cleric, Sheik Ibrahim Mudeiris. He was broadcast on a Palestinian Authority station.

The televised Sheik finished with an even more frightening thought: “The day will come when everything will be relieved of the Jews — even the stones and trees which were harmed by them…The stones and trees will want the Muslims to finish off every Jew.”

Nothing could be clearer than that promise of another holocaust — and promised explicitly on state-run Palestinian television, a public megaphone of the Palestinian Authority, itself the beneficiary of past and apparently promised future American financial aid.

Still, don’t hold your breath that the passive/aggressive sheik is about to lead a pan-Islamic army a few miles across the border to “finish off every Jew,” since he might then end up like Sheik Ahmed Yassin, whose threats of death earned him instead an early paradise.

Throughout this war we have an understandable, if ethnocentric, habit of ignoring what our enemies actually say. Instead we chatter on, don’t listen, and in self-absorbed fashion impart our own motives for their hatred. We live on the principles of the Enlightenment and so worship our god Reason, thus assuming that even our adversaries accept such rational protocols as their own.

So they talk on and on of beheading, suicide bombing, another holocaust, and blowing thousands of us up, while we snooze, now and again waking in the midst of a war to regurgitate Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo Bay, flushed Korans, the abusive Patriot Act, and the latest quip of Donald Rumsfeld.

But again keep quiet, and listen to radical Islam.

Take the August 4 declaration of al Qaeda’s second in command, Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri. He promises even “more destruction” for London, and tells us precisely why.

Many in the West assume that those mass murders were payback for the United Kingdom’s presence in Iraq, even though its troops are mostly confined to non-Wahhabi areas in the south.

But no, the Dr. instead lists a number of grievances beyond Iraq that justify his terrorist cadres murdering innocents. One complaint, for example, is “Stopping the robbing of our oil and resources.”

Examine that gripe carefully.

Oil is now at record highs. I just filled up with regular gas at $2.89 on a California interstate. It costs the Middle East about $3-4 a barrel to pump petroleum that was discovered, developed, and marketed for the Gulf autocracies through hated Western expertise — and is now selling at over $60. Despite Zawahiri’s rants, billions of poor the world over are being price gouged to enrich a Muslim world flush with petrodollars.

And some of those obscene profits have ended up in coffers of Zawahiri himself. Indeed, his al Qaeda blackmailers depend on recycled petrodollars from Gulf State sheikdoms. Nothing either he or bin Laden has ever done themselves warrants the type of cash that flowed into al Qaeda’s banks — a con operation that extorted oil dollars from autocratic price gougers who in turn got their revenues largely from inventive and productive Indians, Chinese, and Westerners.

Zawahiri next went on to cite, “Stopping your support for the corrupt and corrupting leaders.”

Did the terrorist Dr. read the text of Condoleezza Rice’s June 20 address in Cairo? There she rightly repudiated past American realpolitik that blinked at Arab dictatorships, and then prodded Arab governments to democratize?

Or maybe it was precisely that fresh support for democracy that grieves Zawahiri?

For clarification of al Qaeda’s ideas about democracy, we can turn to Abu Musab Al Zarqawi, the spiritual leader of the terrorists in Iraq. He recently warned that, “We have declared a fierce war on this evil principle of democracy and those who follow this wrong ideology.”

That pathological hatred of democracy was also amplified in the latest al Qaeda video of August 10: “Democracy, human rights, and freedom are all but hollow illusions, with which they tranquilize inhabitants.”

Western critics of America’s attempt to introduce democratic reconstruction in Iraq should ask why al Qaeda is so furious at the effort. The answer is clear: Radical Islam can no longer blame the United States for propping up dictators, but instead is terrified that there is a third choice — the people’s freedom — between creepy strongmen and even creepier pre-modern theocrats.

But back again to the good Dr. Zawahiri, who had still more complaints beyond oil and corrupt leaders that explain why he, of course, plans on more murdering of Westerners.

“What you have you seen, O Americans, in New York and Washington and the losses you are having in Afghanistan and Iraq, in spite of all the media blackout, are only the losses of the initial clashes.”

And we know precisely what were our perceived pre-September 11 wrongs that caused “New York and Washington” since Dr Zawahiri’s boss, bin Laden himself, spelled them out in a 1998 fatwa.

“The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies — civilians and military — is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip.”

Note that bin Laden omits any reference to American efforts to save Muslim Kuwait (a war in which in vain he also volunteered to fight against Saddam Hussein), to save Balkan Muslims (which his own mujahadeen had failed utterly to do), or to stop the Soviet killing of Afghan Muslims (a war in which his resistance counted on American arms to save his fellow Muslims).

The constant theme of this envious and insecure motor mouth? Americans saved Muslims, while bin Laden’s minions talked big, but couldn’t do much against much stronger Baathist Iraqis, godless Soviets, and nationalist Serbs.

September 11 was the promised answer to bin Laden’s fatwa. Later when America withdrew all troops from the land of Mecca, his death promises increased rather than ceased.

Remember that Dr. Zawahiri lists both Afghanistan (his former headquarters) and Iraq in the same breath as reasons for his attacks to come. We in our civil discord tend to distinguish the two theaters; al Qaeda in its unity does not.

So as we try to assess the causes of Islamists’ venom toward the West, it seems wiser to listen to what they say rather than what we say they say.

If we would do that, we would conclude that the hatred of radical Islam is fed by envy, frustration, and pride — and thus existential: They despise Americans for who we are.

That’s why al Qaeda must constantly find new grievances, whether the West Bank, Israel itself, Jews, oil prices, troops in Saudi Arabia, Oil-for-Food, Afghanistan, or Iraq.

Indeed, the latest two-hour training video is little more than cut-and-paste from the Michael Moore Left and hand-me-downs from Euro anti-globalist radicals. Thus America, al Qaeda assures us, “seeks to ravage the entire globe for the interest…of corporate companies,” and so kills the sons of Islam “in Palestine, Afghanistan, the Balkans, Indonesia, the Caucuses, and elsewhere.”

Apparently about three billion Europeans, Asians, Russians, and Indians have been picking on poor suicide bombers and terrorists, who, in fact, are incognito environmentalists bent on stopping corporate exploitation of Mother Earth.

Yet there is one and only one legitimate objection of the crackpot radical Islamists that rings true: We in the West don’t listen to them when they promise us our deaths.

We should. They are yelling as loud as they can to tell us something that we don’t really want to hear.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Fuck binny laidem, bush has created thousands of them just as I predicted on this board 2.5 years ago.

Everyday some cat is blowing himelf up that probaly wouldnt have 3 years ago. Just as the 9/11 hype made many people feel "they had to do something", this illegal invasion of iraq has done the same.

Hell binny laidem need not hurry, i heard some experts say a "short" insurgency is 9-15 years. He got all the time in the world.

Hell binny is in al kidya heaven, he got suicide bombers falling off of trees like crab apples thanks to bush and the dumb ass humanoids who gave him power after 9/11.

I dont know wuts up with binny and forgot about him, thought he was smokin a burner with natalie halloway or some shit saying "dam i get blamed for everything round this bitch!!!!!"

nittie

Star
Registered
The only way he would move there is if he's near death and wants to die fighting it's more likely that he and his organization plan on being more visible in the future and Iraq would be the place they want more of a presence. If there is any truth to this Al Qeada must smell blood and they want to close in for the kill, I hope this is not the case.

Gods_Favorite

Star
Registered
tian said:
I base my belief in the fact that I think Osama isn't as mobile as Zarqawi.

tian

I'm just curious, how so? Zarqawi is crippled from US Airstrikes in Afghanistan, he was sheltered in Iraq before the war and had surgery on his leg. By mobile do you mean alot of people would hide him? if Zarqawi is getting all this support from the Iraqi sunnis and foreingers, wouldb't Bin Laden get the same support or even more?

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Zarqawi was in an area outside of Saddam's control in the year before the US invasion of Iraq. The western intelligence services report that he got medical treatment in Baghdad surreptitiously and escaped just before Saddam's secret police arrived. Colin Powell used this as an example of "al Qaida in Iraq" when he made his presentation to the UN in February 2003.

Saddam didn't control two regions of Iraq, "Kurdistan" and a small pocket run by a group called Ansar (al Islam). If you remember back at the height of the 3 week invasion, there were reports of Special Forces attacking a region in the north right up against the Iranian border. That was an Ansar base. The Ansar boys apparently split up, and headed for the Iraqi Sunni areas. Zarqawi was with Ansar and only last year did he make "bayat" or pledge to Al Qaida.

Debka File HAS TO BE either a Mossad front site or is a news site with direct ties to Israeli intelligence.

I do agree with the National Review post that we must read everything the Al Qaida boys say. It is not enough to say they "hate America". They have specific points about US foreign policy that they are very angry about.

carlitos

Potential Star
Registered
Greed,good recognition,the debka piece is pure propaganda to make us believe this dude is headed to iraq. sooner or later, debka will post a story and say he was POSSIBLY spotted in IRAN..??YEAH RIGHT,SO WE CAN pull another falseflag ops, blame iran and invade them. And who runs DEBKA?folks who wants US soldiers to fight and die to take out their enemies.
bro wobble,the national review is the online mouthpiece n propaganda outlet,like fox news, for the neocon cabal leo-straussian followers, who took us to iraq under false pretenses. biggups to pat buchanan for calling THEIR A$$ES out..
the piece really wants us to listen to radical islam?why?fk radical islam and those who pimp them. like herbsman said,we thought this guy was still in crawford..
we should really be discussing the upcoming nuclear drills by authorities and ways we can secure our families INCASE IT TURNS OUT TO BE A LIVE drill,like 9/11 or 7/7..

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
If the USA military kills OBL and it goes public, that would officially make him a martyr and MORE of a mystical leader than he already has become. If you think the suicide bombing are bad now, just wait until their leader takes a fall.

You will have Al-Queda members standing in-line to do suicide missions, and you'll have an internal fight in Al-Queda for replacing OBL as their leader. The Bush Crime Family knows this and will NOT publicize his capture or murder until AFTER we've decided to withdraw from Iraq.

Now... just so you know, I do NOT believe that a bunch of sand ******* had the tools, time, and expertise to pull off the 9-11 event without help. That attack was pulled-off my military like precision timing. I'm sorry, but I just can't believe OBL & Co. have the tools, etc. to make this go off soooo smooth. Just ask yourself... how would the plan have gone if there was just ONE 15 min. airport delay?

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
max-dawg said:
how would the plan have gone if there was just ONE 15 min. airport delay?
The plan did not call for or require simultaneous attacks, in fact, there were planes in the air, even after it was discovered that the first plane was hijacked, that was not adequately tracked -- because the hijackers turned off the squawk.

QueEx

M

Mr. Eastwood

I don't think the hijackers or should I say the supposed hijackers were that smart to turn off the squawk. As for Bin Ladden moving to Iraq thats is like saying he is moving to NY and is going to make a party of it at the 40 40 club. If any of you believe 9-11 was pulled of by 19 hijackers with box cutters ya'll are crazy.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Mr. Eastwood said:
I don't think the hijackers or should I say the supposed hijackers were that smart to turn off the squawk. As for Bin Ladden moving to Iraq thats is like saying he is moving to NY and is going to make a party of it at the 40 40 club. If any of you believe 9-11 was pulled of by 19 hijackers with box cutters ya'll are crazy.
<u>Anyone</u> with any cockpit training AT ALL could turn of the simple transmitter. Anyone. You don't even have to turn the transmitter off, just change the frequency (which pilots often do in flight). Shortly after takeoff ATC advises of the freq it wants you on -- and it is "Looking" for you on "That" freq. Change the freq and ATC doesn't see you; but, better still, flip the damn switch and its off completely. Its the simplest of all things in a cockpit. I've read excerpts from the various ATC's from 9-11 which shows they went nil heard. But, hell, that could have been just made up ...

QueEx

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Coded electronic signals intercepted in recent days among Al-Qaeda's Middle Eastern elements across secret Internet sites carry the message that the terror network's supreme leader has come out of his hiding in Afghanistan and has set out, or is about to set out, for Iraq, Debkafile, a weekly, known for investigative journalism reported.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1464038,00050004.htm

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
shit does binny get BGOL? Gotta know the block is hot and to get back low(non urban terms----scratch the iraq plan THEY know u comming).

And who the fuck would leak this info??!?!? You intercept coded signals and tell everybody, who the fuck does that marla gibbs on the stoop of 227?!!?!?

Seems the general public knows binnys moves before him. Anyways why the your cave for that mess bush created in iraq, they must think binny is really nutty.

Roadside bomb, accidental US airstrike or raid, US raid or airstrike ON purpose, ransom on your head, binny wannabes, wrong place wrong time. What willing person would go there that WASNT a suicide bomber(we know binny likes the power to much)

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
gene cisco said:
shit does binny get BGOL? Gotta know the block is hot and to get back low(non urban terms----scratch the iraq plan THEY know u comming).
For all we know, BGOL could be a website used for coded messages. Some of the crazy shit that is said on these boards has to be CODE ... for something. :lol:

And who the fuck would leak this info??!?!? You intercept coded signals and tell everybody, who the fuck does that marla gibbs on the stoop of 227?!!?!?
The leak comes from an Isreali website. I've been checking it out for a minute and it has had some rather interesting takes on events. Since, however, the website projects Binny to move to the northwestern provinces of Iraq (close to Israel) it has motive, I would think, assuming the info to be true, to call attention to the move to: (1) deter the move; (2) use the situation to point out a danger to Israel to give it reason to intervene militarily in the area; (3) cause the U.S. to pay a lot more attention to the area to get at the extremists already operating in the region in hopes that such would prevent them from getting the Palestinians more involved in their brand of extremism - against Israel; or (4) to show the world its intelligence capabilities are better than everybody elses. [Just a few possiblities; there could be more, including the info is just wrong].

Seems the general public knows binnys moves before him. Anyways why the your cave for that mess bush created in iraq, they must think binny is really nutty.

Roadside bomb, accidental US airstrike or raid, US raid or airstrike ON purpose, ransom on your head, binny wannabes, wrong place wrong time. What willing person would go there that WASNT a suicide bomber(we know binny likes the power to much)
Not necessarily nutty (in their terms). It would certainly be risky, but if they were desperate for a showdown with the U.S. military (to boost either their goals or image) it would make sense. Besides, Binny knows how he escaped Bora Bora -- and he has a better idea than we do how he could get into and out of Iraq. Who says he has to stay there any appreciable time. If he was known to have been there AT ALL would be a major event. The idea is not all that farfetched.

QueEx

Greed

Star
Registered
But there is an alternative route from Pakistan which he might find easier. DEBKAfile’s counter-terror sources revealed last May that al Qaeda had established a new marine base in the remote Gawatar Bay, a Persian Gulf inlet down the middle of which runs the Pakistani-Iranian border. Al Qaeda operatives are known to be active on both shores – on the Pakistani side, they use as sanctuaries the Baluchi villages strung along the River Dasht which empties into the divided bay; on the Iranian side, the move around the Baluchi port of Chah-Bahar (Bandar Beheshti).
ok, now i believe this is true.

France also took command this month of an international naval task force on terrorism-related patrols in the seas between the Horn of Africa and Pakistan.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050828..._dI2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl
coincidence? i think not.

america like usual will regret trusting the french.