"Oh, you are that b-tch that filmed the Eric Garner video," she claims an NYPD cop to

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
"Oh, you are that b-tch that filmed the Eric Garner video," she claims an NYPD cop told her.

EXCLUSIVE: Police assaulted, arrested Staten Island woman as revenge for filming Eric Garner video: lawsuit
garnersuit14n-1-web.jpg

Taisha Allen, 37, talks in her apartment about the video she took of Eric Garner as he was arrested. She is suing the city, claiming cops roughed her up in retaliation for filming Garner.

A Staten Island woman claims she was falsely arrested and assaulted in retaliation for filming the awful final moments of Eric Garner's life, according to a new lawsuit.

Taisha Allen, 37, said the harrowing incident happened this past February in the Sound Beach section of Staten Island.

"I saw my friend was being stopped by the police after I sent him to the store to get some ingredients to finish dinner," said Allen, 37.

She said she asked the officers why they stopped her friend, and they went off on her. "Oh, you are that bitch that filmed the Eric Garner video," Officer Stephen Damico said to Allen, according to the Brooklyn Federal Court lawsuit.
This video image shows cops arresting Eric Garner. Taisha Allen via Facebook
garnersuit14n-3-web.jpg

Allen said she ignored the comment, but wondered why he brought up Garner. "Eric was my friend and he had nothing to do with anything," she said.

"At that point the police officer stated...'Ok. Now you have a warrant out for your arrest'" without checking her identification to run her name in their system, the lawsuit says.

Allen tried to walk away when "several" officers grabbed and threw half of her body over a fence, twisting her arms as she "screamed in agony," the suit says.

"I had an injury to my ankle two months prior, I was screaming for my ankle, but they beat me with the baton and dragged me," Allen told the News.

She was treated at Staten Island University Hospital, where she says she overheard a conversation between a captain and another officer where they said they did not think they had the right person.

"They were asking if I was ever arrested in Brooklyn before, then they asked if I had any arrest in Staten Island," Allen said.

She ended up pleading guilty to disorderly conduct and obstruction charges in return for five days of community service.

Allen noted she could have gotten up to a year if convicted at trial.

"I pleaded guilty because I was scared, I didn't know what they were going to do to me. I was already a witness in Eric's case, testified and everything. It took a toll on me. I was already beaten up and in pain. They killed him and there's not telling what they can do to me. I just wanted to go home," she said.

Her lawyer, Aymen Aboushi, said "We are pursuing this lawsuit because we want to send a message to show the officers of Staten Island they cannot retaliate against witnesses who come forward."

The suit is seeking an unspecified amount for excessive force, wrongful arrest and other charges.

A Law Department spokesman said: "The allegations will be reviewed."