• Portugal

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They tried this once w/ Freddy Adu and it didn’t work. The US media machine doesn’t penetrate football the way it does the other 3 big sports here because the game doesn’t require the hype. It requires culture.

Culture comes before marketing everytime in this game, and what we need is our kids who live, breathe, eat and sleep this game.

Trust me, as a youth football coach here in DC, once we solidify that culture in every hood everywhere, it’s on.
I agree about our kids loving the game like they do basketball or football. My son is 9 and is killing it. A Black generational talent with swag would set that shit on fire.

I think we are so powerful through culture that we could penetrate the media machine enough to get attention.

Lastly, my master plan would include some wealthy Black folks owning these minor league clubs that could potentially move to MLS.

This would give our kids access to clubs and opportunity.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This game is already boring af. Men vs boys out there

This shit is pathetic. I completely under$tand the why of this, but can you imagine if we were having a North African WC or a joint one with some combo of Ghana/Cameroon/CIV instead of this bullshit? :lol:South Africa isn't a footballing nation at all but they put on a way better performance than this. Dog shit atmosphere coupled with sunday league quality isn't a winning combo. Usually when the match is basura, you at least get the shots of the bitches in the stands. Instead, we get fat Qatari men trying to do the Viking clap. :smh::lol:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I mean Soccer is already a top 5 spectator sport in America

They tried this once w/ Freddy Adu and it didn’t work. The US media machine doesn’t penetrate football the way it does the other 3 big sports here because the game doesn’t require the hype. It requires culture.

Culture comes before marketing everytime in this game, and what we need is our kids who live, breathe, eat and sleep this game.

Trust me, as a youth football coach here in DC, once we solidify that culture in every hood everywhere, it’s on.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I mean Soccer is already a top 5 spectator sport in America
It’s even top 3 when it comes to youth sports. It’s rise is unquestionable. Just needs time now.
This shit is pathetic. I completely under$tand the why of this, but can you imagine if we were having a North African WC or a joint one with some combo of Ghana/Cameroon/CIV instead of this bullshit? :lol:South Africa isn't a footballing nation at all but they put on a way better performance than this. Dog shit atmosphere coupled with sunday league quality isn't a winning combo. Usually when the match is basura, you at least get the shots of the bitches in the stands. Instead, we get fat Qatari men trying to do the Viking clap. :smh::lol:
That’s Shabalala opener will forever be greatness. On Mexico too lol

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s even top 3 when it comes to youth sports. It’s rise is unquestionable. Just needs time now.

That’s Shabalala opener will forever be greatness. On Mexico too lol

Should have counted for 3 just because it was Mexico. :lol: Its crazy that there were complaints about the atmosphere/attendance etc. for SA and now we have todays bullshit...

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

Should have counted for 3 just because it was Mexico. :lol: Its crazy that there were complaints about the atmosphere/attendance etc. for SA and now we have todays bullshit...

This is what a World Cup is supposed to look like...Qatar? SMH
Anyway, rooting for Brazil as always (and against Argentina) and any Black African team (and France doesnt count)

Would like to see CONCACAF (USA especially) not embarass themselves

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FiBQnVCX0AM37z8

FiBR-hYWYAcpbF8

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Where is Nzingha? It's not a World Cup for me to not hear Mr Loud and Wrong... The makeup of the Eagles this year is a positive step toward getting close to that trophy. I know it's exceedingly hard, but a final four would be great. Now we need some Brothers in rugby and really, really shake up the game.

There's been some pretenders Freddy Adu and Jozy Altidore (who's looking like a NFL lineman these days, I guess Sloan Stephens' got that guy strung out on the P), but a team firing on all cyclnders make them look strong.

Brothas would take over soccer in the US if we had one player that was deemed “cool.” We need an Allen Iverson or a Deion Sanders type in soccer and I bet you every Black kid would be playing soccer which would drastically change the soccer landscape in the US.
Once something like that happens, it's over. It will be easy for us to take it over, once we focus on it.
They tried this once w/ Freddy Adu and it didn’t work. The US media machine doesn’t penetrate football the way it does the other 3 big sports here because the game doesn’t require the hype. It requires culture. Culture comes before marketing everytime in this game, and what we need is our kids who live, breathe, eat and sleep this game. Trust me, as a youth football coach here in DC, once we solidify that culture in every hood everywhere, it’s on.
:yes: Just look at the first touches for Ecuador. That isnt "taught"; that comes form living/breathing the game from childhood.
I agree about our kids loving the game like they do basketball or football. My son is 9 and is killing it. A Black generational talent with swag would set that shit on fire. I think we are so powerful through culture that we could penetrate the media machine enough to get attention. Lastly, my master plan would include some wealthy Black folks owning these minor league clubs that could potentially move to MLS. This would give our kids access to clubs and opportunity.
Why did the Qatari players look scared when they were losing, like they were gonna be killed or their families would be thrown in jail and tortured?

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
On what channels is the world cup airing?
Sadly only FS1. Them (and ESPN), have the worst coverage team imaginable, especially with that trash presenter Alexi Lalas who don’t know shit about the game.

NBC Sports has the best football coverage in the country by a country mile, but they already have the Premier League rights. Wish they would've had this too.

I’m watching the tournament strictly on Telemundo.

heavyhand

International
International Member

I always said if you somehow got rid of cacs in youth football with their paid leagues you'd see more American brothers in the game killing it

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I always said if you somehow got rid of cacs in youth football with their paid leagues you'd see more American brothers in the game killing it
Pay-to-play is the most atrocious and damaging thing thats always stunted the natural growth of the game in this country. A true representation of the national team would be majority brown and black since that’s where all the talent lies.

But those with finance and access (white boys) reach the top levels, weeding out the actual ballers from the streets who may not have as much.

France learned quickly and won a World Cup when they made the shift. The US needs to do the same.