Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Discussion!!!

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

BigWeirdAnole-size_restricted.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
NFL says Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers' use of ayahuasca didn't violate drug policy

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers' use of the hallucinogenic drink ayahuasca during an offseason retreat isn't considered a violation of the NFL's drug policy.

Rodgers discussed on "The Aubrey Marcus Podcast" last week how he went on an ayahuasca retreat to Peru in 2020, before the third of his four MVP seasons. Ayahuasca is defined as a psychoactive beverage native to South America and is often used for religious, ritualistic or medicinal purposes.
NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Monday that it wouldn't have triggered a positive test result on either the substance abuse or performance-enhancing substance policies collectively bargained by the NFL and its players' association.
Earlier Monday, Packers coach Matt LaFleur was asked whether he was concerned the league might discipline Rodgers, and LaFleur said: "I really haven't given it much thought at all."

Rodgers said on the podcast that the retreat gave him "a deep and meaningful appreciation for life" and added that "I came back and knew I was never going to be the same."

Rodgers said he believed the experience helped pave the way for his success that year.

wait-what-john-krasinski.gif

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NFL says Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers' use of ayahuasca didn't violate drug policy

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers' use of the hallucinogenic drink ayahuasca during an offseason retreat isn't considered a violation of the NFL's drug policy.

Rodgers discussed on "The Aubrey Marcus Podcast" last week how he went on an ayahuasca retreat to Peru in 2020, before the third of his four MVP seasons. Ayahuasca is defined as a psychoactive beverage native to South America and is often used for religious, ritualistic or medicinal purposes.
NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Monday that it wouldn't have triggered a positive test result on either the substance abuse or performance-enhancing substance policies collectively bargained by the NFL and its players' association.
Earlier Monday, Packers coach Matt LaFleur was asked whether he was concerned the league might discipline Rodgers, and LaFleur said: "I really haven't given it much thought at all."

Rodgers said on the podcast that the retreat gave him "a deep and meaningful appreciation for life" and added that "I came back and knew I was never going to be the same."

Rodgers said he believed the experience helped pave the way for his success that year.

wait-what-john-krasinski.gif
Yeah I been saw that. Was hoping someone can explain this to me. Because they've crucified black players for less

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says evidence calls for at least full-year suspension for Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says the league is seeking a tougher penalty for Deshaun Watson because the quarterback's actions were "egregious" and "predatory behavior."
Last week, the NFL formally appealed Watson's six-game suspension, which was handed down by NFL disciplinary officer Sue. L Robinson earlier this month. At a league meeting called to formally approve the Denver Broncos' new ownership group Tuesday, Goodell was asked why the NFL appealed Robinson's decision and was seeking a suspension of at least a year for the Cleveland Browns quarterback.
"We've seen the evidence, she was very clear about the evidence, she reinforced the evidence," Goodell said. "There were multiple violations that were egregious, and it was predatory behavior."

Last week, the NFL appointed Peter C. Harvey, a former New Jersey attorney general, to hear the appeal of Watson's suspension for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy. Goodell said Tuesday he did not know when Harvey would make a ruling.
Also Tuesday, Goodell addressed recent sanctions on the Miami Dolphins, team owner Stephen Ross and vice chairman/limited partner Bruce Beal that included stripping the team of multiple draft picks, including its 2023 first-round selection, as well as fines for Ross ($1.5 million) and Beal ($500,000).
Following a six-month investigation, the NFL announced last week that the Dolphins violated the anti-tampering policy on three occasions from 2019 to 2022 in conversations with quarterback Tom Brady and the agent for then-New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton.
The NFL, however, did not find evidence the team intentionally lost games during the 2019 season. In February, former Dolphins coach Brian Flores said in his lawsuit alleging racism in the league's hiring practices that Ross attempted to incentivize him to "tank," or purposely lose games, shortly after he was hired in 2019, with Ross allegedly offering Flores $100,000 for every loss that season.
Goodell said Tuesday he specifically addressed the Dolphins' sanctions and the investigation with the owners after the new Broncos ownership group had been formally approved.
"Well, several things, the integrity of the game is critically important," Goodell said. "I think the findings are very clear ... and while tanking clearly did not happen here, we all have to understand our words, our actions have implications and we have to be careful."
Robinson issued the six-game suspension in a 16-page report, writing that "the NFL carried its burden to prove, by a preponderance of the evidence, that Mr. Watson engaged in sexual assault (as defined by the NFL) against the four therapists identified in the Report."
She also said in the report that Watson engaged in conduct that posed "a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person, and conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL."
Robinson wrote the NFL had recommended Watson be suspended for the entire 2022 regular season and postseason.

While relying on precedent, Robinson sought to differentiate between violent and nonviolent sexual conduct. Robinson concluded Watson's conduct "does not fall into the category of violent conduct that would require the minimum six-game suspension" the league had established as "by far the most commonly-imposed discipline for domestic or gendered violence and sexual acts."
Robinson also said Watson's "predatory conduct cast 'a negative light on the League and its players.'"
Watson was accused of sexual assault and other inappropriate conduct during massage sessions in civil lawsuits filed by 25 women. The encounters alleged in the lawsuits took place between March 2020 to March 2021, while Watson was with the Houston Texans.
One of the 25 lawsuits was dropped after a judge's ruling in April 2021 that the plaintiffs needed to amend their petitions to disclose their names. In June, Watson settled 20 of the remaining 24 lawsuits. He later agreed to settle three of the remaining four.

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says evidence calls for at least full-year suspension for Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says the league is seeking a tougher penalty for Deshaun Watson because the quarterback's actions were "egregious" and "predatory behavior."
Last week, the NFL formally appealed Watson's six-game suspension, which was handed down by NFL disciplinary officer Sue. L Robinson earlier this month. At a league meeting called to formally approve the Denver Broncos' new ownership group Tuesday, Goodell was asked why the NFL appealed Robinson's decision and was seeking a suspension of at least a year for the Cleveland Browns quarterback.
"We've seen the evidence, she was very clear about the evidence, she reinforced the evidence," Goodell said. "There were multiple violations that were egregious, and it was predatory behavior."

Last week, the NFL appointed Peter C. Harvey, a former New Jersey attorney general, to hear the appeal of Watson's suspension for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy. Goodell said Tuesday he did not know when Harvey would make a ruling.
Also Tuesday, Goodell addressed recent sanctions on the Miami Dolphins, team owner Stephen Ross and vice chairman/limited partner Bruce Beal that included stripping the team of multiple draft picks, including its 2023 first-round selection, as well as fines for Ross ($1.5 million) and Beal ($500,000).
Following a six-month investigation, the NFL announced last week that the Dolphins violated the anti-tampering policy on three occasions from 2019 to 2022 in conversations with quarterback Tom Brady and the agent for then-New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton.
The NFL, however, did not find evidence the team intentionally lost games during the 2019 season. In February, former Dolphins coach Brian Flores said in his lawsuit alleging racism in the league's hiring practices that Ross attempted to incentivize him to "tank," or purposely lose games, shortly after he was hired in 2019, with Ross allegedly offering Flores $100,000 for every loss that season.
Goodell said Tuesday he specifically addressed the Dolphins' sanctions and the investigation with the owners after the new Broncos ownership group had been formally approved.
"Well, several things, the integrity of the game is critically important," Goodell said. "I think the findings are very clear ... and while tanking clearly did not happen here, we all have to understand our words, our actions have implications and we have to be careful."
Robinson issued the six-game suspension in a 16-page report, writing that "the NFL carried its burden to prove, by a preponderance of the evidence, that Mr. Watson engaged in sexual assault (as defined by the NFL) against the four therapists identified in the Report."
She also said in the report that Watson engaged in conduct that posed "a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person, and conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL."
Robinson wrote the NFL had recommended Watson be suspended for the entire 2022 regular season and postseason.

While relying on precedent, Robinson sought to differentiate between violent and nonviolent sexual conduct. Robinson concluded Watson's conduct "does not fall into the category of violent conduct that would require the minimum six-game suspension" the league had established as "by far the most commonly-imposed discipline for domestic or gendered violence and sexual acts."
Robinson also said Watson's "predatory conduct cast 'a negative light on the League and its players.'"
Watson was accused of sexual assault and other inappropriate conduct during massage sessions in civil lawsuits filed by 25 women. The encounters alleged in the lawsuits took place between March 2020 to March 2021, while Watson was with the Houston Texans.
One of the 25 lawsuits was dropped after a judge's ruling in April 2021 that the plaintiffs needed to amend their petitions to disclose their names. In June, Watson settled 20 of the remaining 24 lawsuits. He later agreed to settle three of the remaining four.
Yet a a Ron can get high as he wants with no punishment

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Cleveland Browns expect to start Deshaun Watson at quarterback in preseason opener at Jacksonville

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson is expected to start Friday's preseason opener against the Jaguars.
The team made the announcement Wednesday just before boarding a flight to Jacksonville, Florida.
Watson and the Browns are waiting to see whether he will be suspended longer than the six-game suspension he was handed for violating the personal conduct policy by disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson last week.
On Aug. 3, the NFL appealed Robinson's ruling, as it seeks a tougher punishment for Watson. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has appointed former New Jersey attorney general Peter C. Harvey to hear the appeal.
On Tuesday, Goodell told reporters that the league is seeking a season-long suspension because the quarterback's actions were "egregious" and "predatory behavior," as Robinson noted in her 16-page report. While issuing the six-game suspension, Robinson found that Watson had in sexual assault (as the NFL defines it), conduct posing a danger to the safety and well-being of another person, and conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL.
Goodell said he didn't know when Harvey would make a ruling, though the CBA calls for the appeals process to be "expedited."
Watson has been accused of sexual assault and other inappropriate conduct during massage sessions in civil lawsuits filed by 25 women. The encounters alleged in the lawsuits took place from March 2020 to March 2021, while Watson was a member of the Houston Texans.
One of the 25 lawsuits was dropped after a judge's ruling in April 2021 that the plaintiffs needed to amend their petitions to disclose their names. In June, Watson settled 20 of the 24 lawsuits he was facing. He agreed Monday to settle three of the remaining four, according to Houston attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents the women suing Watson.
To this point in training camp, Watson has continued to get the overwhelming majority of the first-team snaps in practice over backup quarterback Jacoby Brissett. Coach Kevin Stefanski has not been specific about when Brissett could get more first-team reps, saying only that the Browns have a plan.
"I am confident in our plan," Stefanski said. "Obviously, we will adjust based on information. I am comfortable in what Jacoby has done to date with his reps. He has gotten a lot of them. He has gotten some with the ones and some with the twos, and we will stick to our plan absent any new information."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Tua Tagovailoa's reaction to Miami Dolphins' Tom Brady interest: 'I'm still here ... that's all noise'

TAMPA, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa told reporters last week that he believes the team is "all in" on him despite its prior interest in Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady.
His answer was even more succinct Wednesday when asked again about his reaction to that interest.

"Yeah, I mean, I'm still here," he said. "To me, that's all noise at this point."
Tagovailoa and the Dolphins practiced with Brady's Buccaneers on Wednesday, the first of two joint practices before the teams' preseason opener Saturday at Raymond James Stadium. The timing of their joint practice coincidentally comes one week after the NFL disciplined Miami for impermissible contact with Brady in 2019 and 2021 -- failed efforts to persuade him to join the Dolphins as a limited partner, football executive and possibly as a player.
The league fined Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and limited partner and vice chairman Bruce Beal a combined $2 million and stripped the Dolphins of their 2023 first-round draft pick and 2024 third-round pick in response to their contact with Brady and impermissible contact with then-New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton before his retirement in January.
Tagovailoa had an extended exchange with the reporter who asked him about his reaction to the league's investigation, during which he insisted that Miami's interest in Brady was in the past.
Speaking to local media last week, Tagovailoa said he generally keeps a tight circle around him and doesn't pay attention to any narrative surrounding him until he's asked.

"I would say the only thing that gets frustrating is if you hear it every day or if you see it every day," he said. "For me, I eliminate all of that. Don't hear it. Don't see it. I go home, go to my family, study, wake up the next day, come back and enjoy football. I hear everything obviously from the media and then when [the communications staff] preps me for whatever you guys are going to say, then I'm like, 'Ah, I've got to answer this. All right, let me figure out something politically correct to say.'"
Brady was not made available to the media Wednesday and has not issued a public comment about the tampering incidents. Tagovailoa said he spoke with Brady at the Bucs' facility Wednesday -- mainly about the offseason and golf, although Tagovailoa said he asked the seven-time Super Bowl champion for some football insight, but didn't specify any further details.
Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel downplayed the impact of practicing with Brady and the effect last week's news has on his team.
"For me, nothing happened. Everyone else is the one making it awkward," McDaniel said. "It doesn't occupy a single iota of space with anybody. It's hard enough to be good in this league. As the Miami Dolphins, all of our energy is very coordinated and only has to do with us getting better and everything else would be an opportunity cost that we're not willing to expend."