Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Discussion!!!

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The owners made this deal good for the average players, for the great players this deal is not good for them. They still have the franchise tag, QB's still will get paid more than everybody else and they got them to play one more game during the season. They have the weakest union out of the big 3 sports and after signing this deal shows you why.
Correction....they have the weakest union out of any professional sports. They just might have the weakest union amongst all unions regardless of the industry......

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem with this union is, too many guys make minimum salary and can’t really afford to miss any pay checks. Specially when the average career is 4 years. If every player was a multi millionaire like the NBA, it would be easier. The bottom line is no one wants to sacrifice missing any pay checks for the better good of everyone. If you’re one those guys where you’re playing career is only like 3 years, are you going to sacrifice 1 or 2 of those years of not playing and even if you wont able to make a team when the league resumes play. It’s tough man.
Very well stated. And that’s why the union leaders and management should be doing all they can for those players. There should be mandatory education; there should be funds set aside for those players; there should be mandatory player voting; there should insurance policies already set up just in case they have to hold out in regards to the cba; etc etc...nfl players union can be fixed if they wanted it to. I’m just shocked that it’s been this bad for so long........

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
We are free.... the Demon is gone..
tenor.gif

I don't know what.. Bill O Brian is doing... but I like it. Trade the one dude that was fucking unstoppable for Running back.... that you don't even need.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man this is the greatest trade of ALL TIME!!!!

lmao I knew you would love that
I mean they will get a good receiver in the first 3 rounds of this upcoming draft but Deandre was a known quantity, one of.....if not THE best receiver in the league....and all they have Stills and injury prone ass Will Fuller not even signed to long term deals wtf?!

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
lmao I knew you would love that
I mean they will get a good receiver in the first 3 rounds of this upcoming draft but Deandre was a known quantity, one of.....if not THE best receiver in the league....and all they have Stills and injury prone ass Will Fuller not even signed to long term deals wtf?!

This gawd damn Demon Deandre Hopkins has been fucking punishing us for 7 gawd damn years...

Mutherfucker catches everything... Doesn't matter where you put the ball..

And they traded this dude for injury prone David Johnson and a 2nd rd pick..

Hopkins was only fucking 27 years old...

Greatest Trade of All time...

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You Titans fans are dirty. Think about how it hurts the progression of Watson.

But I understand, enjoy double teaming Stills cause Fuller will be hurt and Johnson quit a few years ago when he got paid.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I’d like to thank the Texans for trading always Hopkins. We ain’t got to see him no got damn mo

You Titans fans are dirty. Think about how it hurts the progression of Watson.

But I understand, enjoy double teaming Stills cause Fuller will be hurt and Johnson quit a few years ago when he got paid.

AFC South Twitter nation is fucking doing Cartwheels right now..

bigjayler

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Analytics FO doesnt seem to be fucking up so far. Need some LBs and Safeties now then LT in draft.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trades should be like the NFL draft, cameras up in their face. I would pay to see Nuk and DeShauns face when that trade went through.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Not going to lie... Browns overpaid dude.. While i like Conklin.. He has not been the player he was after his rookie year Dennis Kelly played really well when Conklin was hurt. Also Conklin can’t handle speed rushers. He is good against Bull rushers but not speed rusher.

I don’t worry about finding a replacement right tackle for a right handed Qb.. I just hope we can keep Logan Ryan.

Last edited:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem with this union is, too many guys make minimum salary and can’t really afford to miss any pay checks. Specially when the average career is 4 years. If every player was a multi millionaire like the NBA, it would be easier. The bottom line is no one wants to sacrifice missing any pay checks for the better good of everyone. If you’re one those guys where you’re playing career is only like 3 years, are you going to sacrifice 1 or 2 of those years of not playing and even if you wont able to make a team when the league resumes play. It’s tough man.

This and the fact that aren't any alternative leagues like there are for other sports. Somebody who isn't "NBA" talent coming out of college can go to China, France, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Germany or even Russia and make $$$. NFL players don't have that ability and the owners know it...