{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - playoffs are here Confrence finals Pacers vs Boston (0-4)- Minny vs Dallas (1-3) {~}

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:D :D :D :D

GM_YyzOXsAAUq4V

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
One of the dumbest things I've seen someone do in game ever!!!!! :smh:

EAdb0B.jpg
I was hoping they suspended him Jack. He’s not helping anyway. NBA kept him cuz of the “optics”

What optics? Watching him go 3-18 and throwing shit on the court like a child?

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I was hoping they suspended him Jack. He’s not helping anyway. NBA kept him cuz of the “optics”

What optics? Watching him go 3-18 and throwing shit on the court like a child?

He's just tryna mimick Kobe's tour date shooting splits. He's the closest thing to him, remember? :lol:

jamal-murray-kobe.jpg

EQn1R5MWsAUfs2e.jpg

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

No one in this era that's ringless can and will be living off 2nd round glory like this. :smh: Reggie Miller has made millions of dollars, stars in national commercials to this day, and enjoys cushy TV jobs in retirement despite never winning anything. He's a complete product of corporate politics in the NBA and the overrating of Michael Jordan's Era and the basketball talent in it because the players are house niggas and sellouts.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
10 takeaways from tonight in the NBA:

1) Congrats to Rudy Gobert on winning his fourth DPOY award.

Rudy
DRTG when Rudy ON: 106.6
DRTG when Rudy OFF: 107.3 (-0.7 difference)
+2.2 DEF EPM
2.1 BPG
0.7 SPG
72 1st place votes

Wemby
DRTG when Wemby ON: 111.2
DRTG when Wemby OFF: 117.3 (-6.1 difference)
+3.1 DEF EPM
3.6 BPG
1.2 SPG
19 1st place votes

That’s all.

2) The NBA decided to not suspend Jamal Murray for throwing a heat pad and towel toward an official. They did however slap him with a $100K fine. Might be in the minority here but think he got off easy and yeah, I know that’s a lot of money. Gobert got the same exact fine for flashing the money gesture a couple months back, which is also something Jamal Murray did last night. So you combine everything Jamal did... math don’t add up.

3) Oh MitchRob. The season from hell continues. Knicks say he sustained a stress injury to his left ankle (yes, that one) and will be re-evaluated in 6-to-8 weeks. So yeah, season’s done. They’ll now be without Robinson, Randle and Bogdanovic for the remainder of the playoffs. I’d say these guys better prepare for playing 45+ minutes a night but they already do. Kinda already expected more Precious and this all but assures it. Isaiah Jackson might not be needed anymore. We shall see.

4) Oh Jarrett. Misses his fourth straight playoff game with the rib contusion. All the reporting sounds awful. Hasn’t been able to do anything in practice, still can’t lift his arms up and now we’re hearing that he’s having trouble sleeping? Really hope I’m wrong but it don’t sound like he’s returning anytime soon.

“Every day, he tries to do more and more and test the mobility. That’s where we’ll get the signs... of when he’ll be able to play... we’re not gonna put him out there if he can’t protect himself and that’s where he’s been at to this point.” - J.B. Bickerstaff on Jarrett Allen

5) Cavs are gonna need some time to adjust.

Orlando Magic: 903 3-pointers made this season (11.0 per game, 30th)
Boston Celtics: 1,351 3-pointers made this season (16.4 per game, 1st)

Polar opposites.

Boston struggled to begin, shooting 27.3% (6-22 3PT) from 3 in the first half. Then they looked like the Celtics again, shooting 50.0% (12-24 3PT) in the second half. Meanwhile, Cavs shot 16.6% (5-30 3PT) from 3 in the final three quarters. That’s not gonna cut it.

“We have to do a better job at limiting the amount of 3-pointers that they took.” - J.B. Bickerstaff

6) Derrick White (25 points, 7-12 3PT) is the big reason why the 3-point shooting turned around. Shocker, right? Dude is on the heater of heaters. He’s now shooting 50.0% from 3 in the playoffs (28-56). And yes, we got “Derrick White” chants.

Cool little stat: Celtics have won 21 straight when he attempts a dozen shots. Guess he’s the key that unlocks everything.

“He’s the kind of guy who can impact the game a different way every night whatever the game calls for, he’s willing to do.” - Joe Mazzulla on Derrick White

7) If you’re not beating the Celtics when Jayson Tatum shoots 36.8% from the field (0-5 3PT), I don’t know what to tell ya. Rough game all around for him but whatever, not gonna nitpick when they win by 25. Felt like a lot of iso ball. Guess with Porzingis not being there, it takes away some of what they love doing most (post ups). Jaylen Brown was iso’ing a bit too much too but again, not gonna nitpick... I’m 100% nitpicking by not deleting this. Jaylen was unreal btw. 32 points on 81.0 TS%.

“This is going to be a tough, long series.” - J.B. Bickerstaff

“It’s gonna be tough for a team to beat us four times.” - Jaylen Brown

Celtics beat the Cavs 120-95. That’s their 19th win of the season by 25+ points, most in NBA history. They’re currently -5000 to win the series. That’s such a ridiculous number after a Game 1 in the second round.

8) Loud City, man. Gotta cross it off my bucket list soon.

Knew Shai (29 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists) would cook once you saw the fit on the way in. Didn’t matter who they had defending him, got to wherever he wanted. Like clockwork, drove at will (11-13 FT) and those stepbacks. Oh, those stepbacks were wet. Speaking of, we can’t be leaving Luka on an island out there.

9) Wolves and Celts have been all the talk lately and yeah, I get it. It’s been a minute since OKC’s played (4/29) but people are so quick to crown. They’ve allowed 95 or fewer points in all five playoff games. Three of their five wins have been by 20+. This team is as real as the rest of them.

This always felt like an Aaron Wiggins (16 points, +18) series with his on-ball defense being needed. I mean, Lu Dort can’t play ALL the minutes (Thibs would disagree). While we’re on Dort, man... this playoff run he’s on. Luka was in hell the entire night (more on that below). It’s such a joy watching him navigate screens.

Last thing on OKC... JDub. Brutal first three quarters for him. Was missing so many easy shots he usually makes. Struggled defensively for much of the night but showed up when he always does. Scores 10 fourth-quarter points, the dogs were barking loud and then Kidd waived the white flag with about five minutes left.

“Big time. Really really good on both ends of the floor. He did what he’s done all year.” - Mark Daigneault on Aaron Wiggins

10) Might be time to start worrying about Luka. Scores 19 points on 40.6 TS% (1-8 3PT). Was a team-worst -21. Yeah, Dort’s defense was nuts but this has been ongoing for much of the postseason.

He’s averaging 28.3 points in the playoffs but on 50.2 TS%. Dude shot 38.2% from 3 in the regular season and is shooting 16.3% over his last five games. I don’t have to tell you they ain’t winning sh*t with this version of him.

Thunder beat the Mavs 117-95. Dallas has still never won a Game 1 in the Jason Kidd era.

“Who cares, we lost. We just gotta move on to the next one. I gotta be better, we gotta be better.” - Luka Doncic

Only one game tomorrow but at least they got Reggie coming back to NY to call Game 2. Should be fun with all the other Knicks legends at MSG. Might be the first time I’ve looked forward to Reggie calling a game.