Eric Adams has been elected New York City mayor

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol

Melanin-deficient New Yorkers have their MetroCards in a bunch over comments that mayoral candidate Eric Adams said at a Martin Luther King Jr. Day event with Al Sharpton’s National Action Network yesterday according to PIX11.

"A passionate Adams, a potential mayoral candidate, told “new” New Yorkers they should “Go back to Iowa, you go back to Ohio. New York City belongs to the people that were here and made New York City what it is.”

White people angrier than the raisins entombed in their potato salad over Adams’ “racially charged” comments.

Others, like the Adams’ opponent in the mayoral race Loree Sutton, have taken the opportunity to score some political points.

Adams further explained his comments on Twitter:

“Anyone can be a New Yorker, but not everyone comes to our city with the spirit of being part of our city,” Adams explained in a Twitter reply. “I have a problem with that, and I’m unapologetic in asking more of our new arrivals to communities who were once waking up to gun shots and not alarm clocks,” Adams said.

Black folks been knew what it was in New York.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I don't understand why anyone would ever move to a neighborhood without wanting to be a part of it. Good schools, low crime and a healthy income don't mean much when everybody hates you.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
He defended Bloomberg. Fuck him and his campaign.

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams came to Bloomberg’s defense at a press conference Sunday afternoon. He said he believed the former mayor was indeed remorseful in implementing the policy, which Adams, a former NYPD captain, argued had potential for success.
“Not only did I use the tool of stop-and-frisk successfully, I saw the abuse of stop-and-frisk carried out everyday,” Adams said.

conspiracy Bro

Rising Star
Registered
Eric is looking like he is going to win because black people stayed on code and he knows damn near everyone and while he makes dumb mistakes (Like the President) no one really hates him.

I actually am waiting to see how he approaches the cops. He has been a cop and recognizes they are needed, but he has spent the majority of his career admitting that they can be scumbags and calling them out on it.

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Eric Adams is the only viable candidate out of the bunch. The only other candidate that should have had a chance is Scott Stringer, only because he worked in the NYC political system in leadership positions, but he's getting fucked by a sorted past. The rest are passable but wouldn't be any more effective in the position than the current mayor.

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
I lived in Bushwick in 2003 Wypipo had problem with anyone that threw an all night party. We was in fucking Bushwick what did they expect moving into a predominantly Latino neighborhood. They been pulling this shit for years and I bet nowadays they really outta control. Adams is on point about that.

conspiracy Bro

Rising Star
Registered
Who is voting for this asshole. How in the hell isn't Wiley running away with race?
Stringer had all the progressive support and didn’t officially drop so she didn’t get those needed endorsements early enough for it to matter. Is AOC and Jumanne had endorsed her two months ago she would of had a chance, 4 months ago and she might have won.