NFL Preseason

dentskins

Potential Star
Registered
HOLD UP!! WTF?! Everybody all hushed up :rolleyes: like y'all scared to speak up with the upcoming draft :eek: Fukk that! I am winning the shit THIS YEAR!! Last year winner of BGOL was a fukkin' fluke and that mofo ain't reapeatin'!! :D yeah, I said it!!

I smell football, I am gettin' HYPED!!! What the fukk is going on out here?

-As a football fan, EAGLES FAN, I am tired of ESPN makin' a soap opera of T.O..... for all the talent the boy got, he sound more like a bytch everytime I see his ass!

-Bears Rex Grossman is snakebit and look brittle like a mofo. he can't catch a break...oh dayum, my bad ;)

-Is Ricky Weed gonna get his starting spot back after the suspension?

Sure there is a lot nobody knows this early, but it's time to get shit started!!

O

originalman

dentskins said:
HOLD UP!! WTF?! Everybody all hushed up :rolleyes: like y'all scared to speak up with the upcoming draft :eek: Fukk that! I am winning the shit THIS YEAR!! Last year winner of BGOL was a fukkin' fluke and that mofo ain't reapeatin'!! :D yeah, I said it!!

I smell football, I am gettin' HYPED!!! What the fukk is going on out here?

-As a football fan, EAGLES FAN, I am tired of ESPN makin' a soap opera of T.O..... for all the talent the boy got, he sound more like a bytch everytime I see his ass!

-Bears Rex Grossman is snakebit and look brittle like a mofo. he can't catch a break...oh dayum, my bad ;)

-Is Ricky Weed gonna get his starting spot back after the suspension?

Sure there is a lot nobody knows this early, but it's time to get shit started!!

Whats up man I am hyped about the up coming season.

Tired of talking to those fools on the main board who don't know shit about the NFL.

dentskins

Potential Star
Registered
Shit is happening on and off the field!!!
-Vick DIDN'T get hurt playin' the Ravens this year....

-McNair tested his surgically repaired sternum....

Aug. 14, 2005
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

MINNEAPOLIS -- Kansas City defensive tackle Junior Siavii and teammate Greg Wesley were arrested after allegedly getting into a drunken confrontation with police in a downtown Minneapolis hotel early Sunday.
------------------------------------------------------
Aug. 14, 2005

SAN ANTONIO -- Former NFL offensive lineman Barret Robbins, awaiting trial on attempted murder, was arrested on a marijuana possession charge, police said Sunday.

Robbins, a former Pro Bowler with Oakland, was detained Saturday night after a bike patrol officer noticed the smell of marijuana coming from his car, Officer Joe Rios said.

"We had probable cause and the officer saw a marijuana pipe in plain view on the center console," Rios said. "He gave no resistance and was very passive, but officers were aware of his violent past."

In January, Robbins was shot twice in the chest after allegedly fighting with Miami police who were making a burglary call. Robbins, found hiding in a women's restroom, was accused of beating one police officer to the floor, slamming another into a wall and ramming a third officer's head into a wall.
He has pleaded innocent to three counts of attempted felony murder and other charges. No trial date has been set.
------------------------------------------------------------

Eagles out to prove they can win WITHOUT T.O. or any other proven WR when they play Pitt tonight!

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
LOL...I'm just trying to get back to the playoffs with my WR
corps intact. I take pride in keeping most of my drafted team
but it's getting harder and harder to keep my draft picks healthy

dentskins

Potential Star
Registered
Moss admits to marijuana use 'every blue moon' :eek: :rolleyes:
Aug. 18, 2005

NEW YORK -- Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss admits he has used marijuana since entering the NFL seven years ago and still smokes it "every blue moon."

"I have used, you know, marijuana ... since I've been in the league," Moss said in an interview for HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel scheduled to air Tuesday night. "But as far as abusing it and, you know, letting it take control over me, I don't do that, no."

When pressed whether he still smokes marijuana, the star receiver with the checkered past said: "I might. I might have fun. And, you know, hopefully ... I won't get into any trouble by the NFL by saying that, you know. I have had fun throughout my years and, you know, predominantly in the offseason.

"But, you know, I don't want any kids, you know, watching this taking a lesson from me as far as 'Well, Randy Moss used it so I'm going to use it.' I don't want that to get across. Like I say ... I have used (marijuana) in the past. And every blue moon or every once in a while I might."

Moss addressed the interview Thursday night after practice in Houston, saying his statements were about the past. He didn't answer questions.

"A lot of people are jumping to conclusions because they really don't know the real story or haven't even heard the real story yet," he said. "That was really me talking in the past tense of way back in the beginning of my career and my childhood -- especially in high school and college."

Raiders coach Norv Turner said he would reserve comment until he had watched the program.
"I imagine I'll see it and yes then I'll have a discussion with Randy about it," he said.

Moss's agent, Dante DiTrapano, said HBO was trying to intentionally damage the player's reputation. He said Moss was talking about past use in the interview.

"In an attempt to promote their dying network, they have maliciously couched his remarks in a manner that is confusing and leaves room for negative interpretation," DiTrapano told the Associated Press. "Randy is not in the NFL substance abuse program and has complied with all urinalysis required by the league, the team, insurance companies, endorsers, etc."

HBO spokesman Ray Stallone said the network had no reaction to DiTrapano's comments.

"It's worth noting that the portion of the interview to which Mr. DiTrapano appears to be referencing was complete and unaltered," Stallone said. "We believe Randy's remarks speak for themselves."

The NFL's drug policy calls for up to 10 tests a month after one positive result. A second violation results in a fine equal to the player's salary for four games, a third in a four-game suspension, and a year's suspension for a fourth violation.

dentskins

Potential Star
Registered
Bears say they've made best offer to holdout Benson
Aug. 18, 2005

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Upset and frustrated that running back Cedric Benson is still a holdout and the only first-round draft pick without a contract agreement, the Chicago Bears have made their final offer to the No. 4 pick.
------------------\
I hope he doesn't mess up his career!!

-------------------

BTW mofo's... TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! 8/19!! :cool:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yo Moss is crazy, now expect him to get tested on the regular.... Similar to that Stop Snitching DVD...Is it possible to snitch on yourself...... anyhow happy bday Dent.

dentskins

Potential Star
Registered
ODUB said:
Yo Moss is crazy, now expect him to get tested on the regular.... Similar to that Stop Snitching DVD...Is it possible to snitch on yourself...... anyhow happy bday Dent.
Moss just tryin' to get some light :rolleyes: he can't let T.O. dominate the airways :rolleyes:

btw... appreciate it ODUB & RS :cool:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
dentskins said:
Moss just tryin' to get some light :rolleyes: he can't let T.O. dominate the airways :rolleyes:

btw... appreciate it ODUB & RS :cool:

What is the deal with these WRs who are acting like divas??
Would you believe I have BOTH Moss and Owens in one of
my fantasy leagues?? Holding my breath with these two....

dentskins

Potential Star
Registered
RunawaySlave said:
What is the deal with these WRs who are acting like divas??.....
:lol: funny shit... the 1st thought that came to mind was CHICKENHEADS.. :eek: I thought that was the official rights of MLB ballplayers and could not be used, copied or retransmitted without the express permission of blah blah blah blah :p

tp2001

Star
Registered
Even though I'm down with the preseason (b/c you get to see everybody play), I'm not much of an NFL fan.....get back at me on September 10 ;)

2004-2005 NFL quote of the year
"I just wanna thank my hands......for being so great" :D

dentskins

Potential Star
Registered
I didn't catch the original article about Thomas Herrion @ 23yrs dying, but it's another tragedy...so far, it's good to know that it appears to not be drug related ie ephedra, etc...

The 49ers will wear a black decal with Herrion's No. 72 on the back of their helmets this season, and Herrion's locker near the door to the practice fields will remain unchanged.

The Denver coroner's office performed an autopsy Sunday, but a spokesman said no cause of death could be determined until coroners receive the results of toxicology and tissue tests, which usually take about three to six weeks.

Many possible factors in Herrion's death will be discussed before then, including Denver's high altitude, proper hydration and excessive weight. Herrion's weight was average for an NFL lineman, but obese by many conventional standards.

dentskins

Potential Star
Registered
What the bajeezy is Philly gonna do @ rb... another year without Buckhalter... gotta update draft again :mad:

Negmarron

Star
Registered
dentskins said:
What the bajeezy is Philly gonna do @ rb... another year without Buckhalter... gotta update draft again :mad:

that cats ryan moats is pretty nice, we'll see how he holds up

dentskins

Potential Star
Registered
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8784144
Broncos coach: In retrospect, drafting Clarett was a mistake
Aug. 29, 2005

DENVER -- The reason running back Maurice Clarett isn't with the Denver Broncos anymore is pretty simple.

"We have four guys I believe can play," coach Mike Shanahan said.

And Clarett never made his way into that mix.

The Broncos returned to practice Monday and Shanahan answered questions about why he decided to waive Clarett, the surprise third-round draft choice who was slowed by a groin injury and never made any impact in Denver's training camp.

That Clarett was a bust isn't much of a shock. He was out of football for two years and performed badly at the NFL scouting combine -- and that's to say nothing of the troubles he endured off the field.

In Denver, the pick is being viewed as a bad example of hubris for Shanahan, "the Mastermind," who has turned lower picks -- like Terrell Davis, Rueben Droughns and Mike Anderson -- into stars and probably thought he could do the same, even with a prospect as checkered as Clarett.

To his credit, Shanahan didn't linger on this mistake, deciding to cut ties quickly instead of forcing something to work. And the coach conceded he did err by picking the star of Ohio State's 2002 national championship.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
The bottom line in the whole Clarett fiasco is that
just because you're a star in high school, does not
mean you will become a star in college. And now, he
has NOTHING to show for all this. Not even a college
education....And guess what?? He won't be able to
go back later and get one either...that shit costs
money and I think he has run out of college eligibility
so he can't use any scholarship loot he might have
had.....