New TV Trailer: The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live (Rick Grimes Returns)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Watch the after credit scene of the World Beyond.

Watch the season finale of the Walking Dead.

Watch the season finale of Fear the Walking Dead

Watch Dead City and Daryl Dixon.

All in that order before watching this series and you should be up to date.

Eventually they will be bringing all the survivors from previous shows together in order to take on the Circle Republic with Rick as the leader.

Dead Post of the Year

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live’ Stakes Out AMC’s Best Premiere Viewership In 6 Years

After more than a decade, The Walking Dead franchise is still kicking for AMC. Sunday night’s premiere of The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live delivered 3M viewers after three days of viewing, according to Nielsen. That makes it the biggest premiere night audience for a new AMC series in six years, since 2018’s premiere of The Terror (that episode had a lead-in from The Walking Dead). The episode also performed well on streaming, according to the company. The Ones Who Live premiere is now the most-watched episode of any show ever on AMC+.

Katie Campione
March 1, 2024

TOWL_101_SG_0038-RT.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 1
Episode 2

I just watched this one tonight at home.

This episode starts out with Michonne 5 years after the Bridge explosion from “The Walking Dead”.

She hooks up with a traveling community that steers clear of a 5 mile wide migration of Walkers, that for some unknown reason go back and forth within a certain area in the northeast.

And within 5 minutes of the episode starting, that annoying Dwarf dude Nat got on my nerves. But I give him props with his home made personal missile system. HaHa!!!

Michonne meets up with Rick. And she is now in a he CRM outer zone.

Jadis debuts and she has her own devious plans going on by blackmailing Rick. She knows about Michonne.

There are 4 more episodes left, gonna let 2 stack up before catching up.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season One
Episodes 3 - 4

Episode 3 officially debuts Janis showing her meet Rick some years ago and explaining how she was operating and why when we saw her in “The Walking Dead”. She basically is the White version of “Candace Owens”.

Rick and Michonne each got a view of inside the City.

We get to see a top level secret CRM base on the west coast.

Episode 4 is Rick/Michonne escaping and then getting to know each after their long separation. Michonne has a couple of big reveals she tells Rick.

Rick’s country Ass can’t drive a stick shift. Pure Comedy.

There are 2 episodes left, gonna let those debut and then catch up.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira go deep on The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live sex scene​

Cocreator Scott M. Gimple joins the pair in discussing that very rare and very unusual Rick and Michonne scene.
By
Dalton Ross

Published on March 17, 2024

Warning: This article contains spoilers about The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live episode 4, “What We.”

Well, that just happened. Yes, Andrew Lincoln’s Rick and Danai Gurira’s Michonne survived their cliffhanger of jumping out of an airborne helicopter, but that wasn’t the most significant event from this week’s episode of The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live. The most significant event was one that is very rarely seen in this franchise — a full-on sex scene. And a very atypical sex scene at that.

The fourth episode of the spinoff series (titled “What We” and written by Gurira) found the pair hiding out in a super nice apartment where they could hash out their differences. (“We needed a time out,” explained Michonne.) Because the helicopter they jumped out of crashed and they would be presumed dead, Michonne told Rick they were free to go home, but Rick refused.

Michonne eventually left by herself, before Rick caught up to her. But after fighting off some zombies, they ended up back in the apartment, where things turned intimate… and awkward. Far from the hot and heavy sex scene between Steven Yeun’s Glenn and Lauren Cohan’s Maggie in season 3 of The Walking Dead, the scene between husband and wife shown here began very tentatively, with Rick clearly struggling at the outset while dealing with all the trauma of the past seven years.

It was an artful, emotional, complex, and ultimately beautiful scene between the pair — whose bond then manifested itself as the couple became one physically both in the bedroom and then later outside in the hallway as they tore through zombies in perfect sync. EW spoke to Gurira, Lincoln, and co-creator Scott M. Gimple about staging the scene and overcoming early concerns about how the uniqueness of the union might be perceived.

Danai Gurira and Andrew Lincoln on 'The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live'

Danai Gurira and Andrew Lincoln on 'The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live'.
GENE PAGE/AMC
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Sex scenes are very rare on The Walking Dead. You all don't do it a lot in this franchise, so how did the decision come about to do one here?

DANAI GURIRA:
It's a love story, for God's sake. We're proposing a love story. So at some point, they have to make love. It's really that simple. I think the goal for that scene in my head was that it shall not be a typical love scene. It shall not be, “Oh, when they copulate and it's so lovely” — it shall not be that. It needed to have a character moment in it that allowed for something to shift. Even if the audience doesn't fully get what it is.

SCOTT M. GIMPLE: It's very much part of the story, and there's a whole story to that sex scene. It isn't just like them going at it. There's an arc to the sex scene story being told there. And with these characters in that episode, it isn't until they're put in danger and have to fight beside one another that they click that they are suddenly just one person. And then at the end of that physicality of surviving together, it leads to a different kind of physicality of them truly getting together and truly touching one another.

GURIRA: It is something that happens that is about people that connected having a moment in their most vulnerable place. So it was a very crucial thing to me that that love scene did not just be a love scene. The key thing was of course, the fact that Rick has PTSD and that's very much what's driving a lot of his behavior and being in a place of that level of vulnerability, back with the love of his life in that way.

It's also the thing he fears, the loss of her. It manifests itself in a way that is visceral and leads to the lovemaking not just being about love, but the revealing of pain and trauma and fear. That informs Michonne, that she can't just blast him into making sense. There's something deeper going on here that he can't verbalize. She has to help him get through in a different way. So she gets to see him, as well, as he reveals what's really in there, the wound. That's going to happen most likely in that most vulnerable space. So it's a love story, and at some point, we've got to see some lovemaking.

We do see Rick struggling during that scene with the intimacy. So Andy, what are you playing in terms of what is going through his head as he's back with his wife after six years, but has been through so much and almost doesn't know how to act or react in this situation?

ANDREW LINCOLN:
Yeah, I think it is about pain. As Danai just said, it's about him wanting her and then fearing what he's about to unlock again. He gets to sort of articulate it in the scene further in the episode, when he gets to say that “I can't do this again. I haven't got the capacity to do this again. I've worked out how to die and live again.”

So it is an absolutely necessary scene that allows Michonne to realize that there's something really broken here, more broken than she's ever anticipated. It's not just resolved by their intimacy. It explains a lot of his behavior prior to this meeting. It also informs that scene when she says, "It doesn't matter if we die in this building, so be it, but we're not done. It’s not time to go."

So the scene was about a real intimacy, a sort of frightening intimacy. This is a part of his personality he has shut down. It's almost like he's trying to stop himself from feeling this love again. She sees that and she just says, "Just trust. We're back. We're the same..." I find it very moving. I think it's a very, very moving scene, because it's about them connecting in a way that he's had to deny for seven years. He's denied that connection for the sake of living on in this half-life for the CRM.

Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes and Danai Gurira as Michonne The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live Season 1, Episode 4

Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira on 'The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live'.
GENE PAGE/AMC
Danai, what was it like bossing around your costar on the episode?

GURIRA:
There were stages. In the beginning, it was tricky. Then, it became very easy. He just acquiesced.

LINCOLN: It's true. Because I have a propensity to say no instantly to everything. It’s a workload thing. I go, “No, no.” Then I read it a second time and I go, “Actually, it's brilliant. What am I talking about? Let's do it.”

GURIRA: Oh, he's maddening. [Laughs] But no, he was amazing. Because it was a lot of heavy lifting for him, and it was intended that way. I'm like: Okay, this is a fantastic actor. I want to give them a workout. I want to give them something worthy of all they are capable of. I want them to be like, “Holy crap, can I do this?” Because I knew that of course he could and that he would be fantastic.

So I did write it in a way that, yeah, it was a lot for him to have to do. It was a lot. But he was fantastic. I was somewhat showrunning that episode and I was very specific about my vision, and he was very respectful of that and I think ultimately got what I meant.

Yeah, because it’s not just a standard sex scene. There’s much more going on here, with Rick’s emotional reaction to the act.

GIMPLE:
Yeah, there's this moment that just sort of stops things between them and they're able to get through that moment together. They're able to have that sort of moment of recognition of how real things are.

LINCOLN: There was a worry among some that it might be construed as something else, like an impotence or something.

I did not read it that way at all.

GURIRA:
Honestly, I never even thought of the impotence idea either. It was never the intention. There were some initial concerns about the scene, but in my head I'm just like: I'm not changing it. They'll catch up. But initially some folks were like, “Wait a minute…”

LINCOLN: Yeah, I went initially, “What is this?” Then I went, “Oh, I see. It's that.” Then I was all in.

GURIRA: Yeah, you were. You were entirely all in. He did a beautiful job.

GIMPLE: This is a love story, and the arc of that love scene really parallels the whole arc of the love story.

Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira on 'The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live'

Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira on 'The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live'.
GENE PAGE/AMC
Was the fact that you all didn’t do a lot of sex scenes in this franchise something you have been cognizant of throughout the years, and was that something AMC ever asked to see more or less of?

GIMPLE:
No, the comic is our template and it's an element in there, but it was neither sort of discouraged or encouraged. And when it did happen in the show, I think it had great meaning, whether it was Glenn and Maggie, or whether it was Rick and Michonne. The intimacy of Rick and Michonne’s first kiss — which was a very everyday scene in my mind — I wanted to make that very, very real.

And I think that first kiss between the two of them was incredibly intimate and romantic in a way that I think people could see in their own lives. That’s what I was after. I don't see that kind of thing as much between adult characters, and that moment I felt meant more than a lot of sexiness on TV because it was real intimacy vulnerability, but in such an everyday context that people couldn't.

The episode ends with Rick and Michonne driving off together, so what can you say about what happens next?

GIMPLE:
They get home and everything's great! It was very weird to do those last two episodes because everything's fine after that. There are no problems. No, I guess I can spoil that they aren't able to just immediately go off into the sunset. Stuff happens. They have really achieved something in this episode between the two of them, but I don't know if the world is going to let them hold onto it.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
The producers originally had planned a movie/movies and do a MCU “Infinity War/Endgame” bringing all the surviving characters together to have a final ending closing everything out, then proceed on with new characters/storylines.

That idea got canceled because of the pandemic, production shutdowns and extended time that passed.

So they decided to make these mini-series.

The question is what are they planning going forward, we should find out soon.
Why is every fucking thing and endgame? I'm sick of this lack of originality. Endgame was half assed to begin with

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Was thee show but...how many ways can you re-do/re-make/re-hash the same ole story..?

giphy.gif

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
'The Walking Dead' Fans Will Get a Look at 'The Book of Carol' During 'The Ones Who Live' Finale

The finale of The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live will feature a sneak peek at the upcoming season of, Daryl Dixon , called The Book of Carol. Melissa McBride returns in Daryl Dixon Season 2 after leaving the first season, offering something for all fans.

BY CL STAFF
March 28, 2024

the-walking-dead-daryl-dixon-carol.jpg

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I forgot the show was only 6 episodes. I was expecting some type of throw down with Omaha on Season 2. Then really we just going to wrap it up, ok, it's needed, it's over, no more walking dead, finally.

Now I will wait for Carol's and Darryls show.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season One
Episodes 5 - 6

Watched these last night at home.

Gabriel from “The Walking Dead” debuted from a 3 year ago flashback.

Rick/Michonne start making their way back from the West coast back East towards Alexandria. Again, you have to ignore them eating 15+ year old “Ramen” noodles sitting in the back of a minivan and drinking Soda out of a machine. That shit would have long expired back when they were dealing with the Governor. But the Johnny Walker Black Label, that will hold up against time. HaHa!!!

We are introduced to Stone Walkers affected by the Hot Springs/Geysers in Wyoming.

Seeing Rick/Michone out together and working like a team handling situations proves Janis point on how cunning/ruthless they are together.

I was not expecting Janis to go out like that. Her character was becoming like “Darth Vader” against Rick/Michone.

Episode 6, General Beale dropped the Bomb on the Grand Plan with the CRM. Even Rick was like “Da Fuq!!!”. That briefing Michonne sat in about Portland, OR. was wild also talking about the CRM’s plans.

Fucking Rick is one lucky mofo detonating that grenades like that.

Rick reunited with his kids.

Not gonna spoil it for those who haven’t seen it yet, but I was expecting more with the CRM and Rick. All these years….and that was that. It was the down point for me with this series. But with what Gen. Beale said, they might not be totally out of the picture at this point.

I’m definitely curious now on what the plans are with the franchise. Gonna watch the upcoming Daryl and next season of “Dead City”, if nothing extraordinary happens introducing a good future plot line for the franchise, then I’m gonna retire from the franchise after those two shows. I suspect a lot of longtime viewers who stuck it out also will too phase out of it. The Producers got a big job to do to keep us hanging on.

Looking forward to what they do.