networking in atl

cohasi

Support BGOL
Registered
I recently moved to ga.2 months ago,I am actually located in marietta and it has been very difficult finding employment.I was a telephone technician in ny,however some silly shit popped off and i decided to move me and my family to this great state of georgia.I choose ga because ive heard your money can go far out here.Currently i got 2 jobs out here but i am not feelin neither.Now if u know georgia they are not feeling the brothers north of atlanta so maybe you guys can enlighten me on what to do about making money out here.Cause where i live the white folks aint trying to put me on.

Last edited:

dacrazydeafdawg

Star
Registered
yo did ya try bellsouth? and are ya familar with the VOIP techonology? ya can make a killing doing that.. i know of this dude who used to work for some phone co in cali.. he moved out here and got the run around...but now he is running his own VOIP bizness as a freelance... for the major VOIP as a contractor.. he charge per project... he making a nice chunk of change and cant even keep up with the demands that he turning down projects.... if i see him again soon i will ask him but he is booked solid for hte next 4 months...and he said the demand is crazy but very few phone tech arent taking advantage of this due to union rules and their companies rules.....

Word

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What is he doing with voip? just installs or server setups buy the bigger companies. I been testing a linux based product that allows home user to have up to 8 home phone lines with voice mail for under 300 dollars.

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
cohasi Black money is green too! Open your eyes to opportunities beyond working for the 'other man'. GA is different than NY but it ain't necesarily utopia. They got laws there that harken back to a time when we weren't free to be, if U know what I mean.

Anyway, your experiance has to be worth something. Go to the Urban League office in ATL and let them help you connect to some jobs/projects. Good Luck.

cohasi

Support BGOL
Registered
thanks for the input everyone.yall gave me something to think about.but like word said what is your man actually doing with the voip?

Harvard Blu

Star
Registered
I'm in Cobb County and I'm getting money dawg, don't let the fog of the ol' South fool ya. Like Deputy dawg said...it's that green that matters. If you prove your value cats will break bread with you. But if you one of those I'm just showing up cause this is the only thing i can find mofos...you will not be invited in to the real opportunities. Keep ya head up pimpin....you really haven't been here long enough to get down on yourself.

dacrazydeafdawg

Star
Registered
he does installs/servers/ and he bills customers/businesses directly.... as far as the key voip players his name is on their databases but he wouldnt divluge any further info..... so yall gotta dig into that.......