Netflix Series: LOST IN SPACE (Official Discussion Thread) Season 3 NEW FULL TRAILER!! (Drops 12/1/2021)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Thought I was going to dislike it but I absolutely love the change to the robot and its origins. I also like the change to Penny... she actually feels like a distinct character with her own personality

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Watching this tonight!!!

:raccoon:

Shit is fucking good... like legit good.. with seeds of world building and I’m on episode 2.

I repeat this shit is not cheap at all. Not even close to being cheap.. how are they able to do this. I thought Altered Carbon looked expensive.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit is fucking good... like legit good.. with seeds of world building and I’m on episode 2.

I repeat this shit is not cheap at all. Not even close to being cheap.. how are they able to do this. I thought Altered Carbon looked expensive.

Wait it's a Series? I thought it was a movie.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Ol girl has PTSD... nice work show.
And i repeat there isn’t one ounce of cheapness with this show... this is movie quality shit.

This thing had to be in 100 million... I bet on a 4K tv this looks like heaven.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Man there is so much fucking win on this show...

How can they afford Altered Carbon and this shit in the same year
LOL!!

come on man LOL! ........they have 118 million subscribers.. let say they average $11 per subscriber......that's 1.3 billion dollars gross a MONTH!

they are swimming in money

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Cac crash land on a planet that looks like the ice ring on earth. They take helmets off but don’t put on head gear

:hmm:

superfusion

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Show started off great, by episode 4 the children are doing stupid stuff. It's like the writing is getting worse after episode 2. I have to finish watching the rest of the episodes.

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Watching it on the low at work, shit looks legit. Like how they covered second episode like the TV series, when Robot attempted to kill Robinson family due to Dr. Smith reprogramming was the reason the Jupiter 2 went off course. Similar to this robot killing the crew of the space station and it's destruction that lead to the preemptive launching the Jupiter's causing them to crash. Good show so far.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@fonzerrillii

Early on the mom(lady from the leftovers) and the black girl are straight up assholes. Fucking up the entire show.
Lots of grimy ass people.

On episode #2

Last edited:

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
damn this shit is good

why is the rotten tomatoes score so low

i think the critics are harder on netflix

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Just finished....

Was the show perfect.... nope

Just like the old show... Dr. smith’s Magical ability to manipulate people into doing things that have every right to know that they shouldn’t ... boggles my mind. It became worse with the added group of people. I can’t believe that it takes people so long to realize what Smith is doing.

Like most Netflix shows... it’s drags a ton in the middle. That could have been fixed if they made the episodes 45 minutes a pop and not a full hour. I found myself struggling through a couple episodes..

There are some dialogue problems and Don West... shockingly becomes the main annoyance towards the last couple episodes.

Now that’s enough of the gripes...

This shit was fucking beautiful... probably the most beautiful television series that I’ve ever seen. With Game of Thrones Level of effects. This show somehow gave me the same sense of wonder that I had when i first watched the original lost in space. This world really felt like an Alien planet and there really was a real sense of urgency.

As I was watching I was wondering how they were going get us to the point of the original series ... and then they had that marvelous season finale.. that set us up for an outstanding season 2.

As for the characters...

I don’t have any complaints. It was really smart to have the family tension and show the flashbacks to Johns military obsession. It really helped to sell the point that he was essentially trying to win back his family.

Maureen and John were outstanding. Maureen really wasn’t much of a character on the original. She was basically only the mom... but here she was completely fleshed out.

Even though the kids made some stupid decisions when it came to Dr Smith... I can’t really be to mad because that’s the legacy of the franchise.. Smith manipulates you into doing something and Then you have to get out of it.

I do like this I’m flat out crazy Dr. smith... instead of making Smith cowardly or straight evil... they make Smith a survivalist. That is actually closer to the original Dr. smith before he basically became a cartoon character. This is more of the Smith that I wanted... A smith that isn’t truly evil. I just care more about increasing my chances of survival over others.

And I can’t say enough about the Robot.. I loved every bit of that.

Side note... much much much respect for the show going with as many practical effects that they could over using excessive CGi. The robot worked way more as a character because it was an actual guy in a suit and not just a CGI creation.

Overall The Fonz gives the show a 7.5... it would have gotten an 8.5 if it didn’t have the pacing problems.

Can’t fucking wait for Season 2 though... I don’t want to spoil Shit but the shit that happens in the season finale has me foaming in anticipation. I’m a sucker for pure Fucking science fiction.

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
@fonzerrillii

Early on the mom(lady from the leftovers) and the black girl are straight up assholes. Fucking up the entire show.
Lots of grimy ass people.

On episode #2

The mom isn’t from Leftovers.. she is from House of Cards and Deadwood..

But I know why you said that.. they do kind of favor.. and yes they are.. but it will make sense when you get further in. There are reasons.