National Guard in St.Louis to fight crime?

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/avAIskz6waw&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

06.26.2008 9:23 am
El-Amin to Blunt: Bring the national guard into St. Louis

During the legislative session, State Rep. Talibdin El-Amin was leading the charge to remove more than a century of state control over the city police department.

Now, El-Amin, saying that crime in some parts of St. Louis is out of control, is asking Gov. Matt Blunt to bring in National Guard officers to patrol the streets of his district, a swath of St. Louis from Delmar Boulevard north to W. Florissant Ave.

“In the past four weeks, there have been more than twenty acts of gun violence within the 57th district, which have claimed the lives of more than six people,” El-Amin wrote to Blunt on Wednesday. “Normal tasks such as going to the grocery story or walking to a neighbor’s house have been surmounted with a growing level of fear and discontent amongst citizens. The safety and well-being of city residents can no longer be compromised. Like my constituents, I want a solution.”

El-Amin asks the governor to send in the guard’s Civil Support Team, which, according to the letter, can be dispatched without issuing a state of emergency.

It will be interesting to see how the governor, as well as City Hall, responds to the request.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/po...blunt-bring-the-national-guard-into-st-louis/

:confused:

Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Teams

The WMD Civil Support Teams were established to deploy rapidly to assist a local incident commander in determining the nature and extent of an attack or incident; provide expert technical advice on WMD response operations; and help identify and support the arrival of follow-on state and federal military response assets. They are joint units and, as such, can consists of both Army National Guard and Air National Guard personnel, with some of these units commanded by Air National Guard lieutenant colonels.

The mission of Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Teams (WMD-CST) is to support local and state authorities at domestic WMD/NBC incident sites by identifying agents and substances, assessing current and projected consequences, advising on response measures, and assisting with requests for additional military support.

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
There are a good number of U.S. cities, that need immediate attention, amongst them: Oakland, CA -Washington D.C. -Chicago, IL -Los Angeles, CA, that is few of many, just some I can name off top. Call it what you want, without jobs and educational funding, the pressure will just intensify. This and many documented stories like it, could be a dry run, a prelude to martial law..

Chicutie

~Brown Suga~
BGOL Investor
I'm happy to hear this. . I think it is needed. Especially after the serial killer that was captured a few weeks ago.

This is probably the beginning of what a lot of major cities will be doing.

It is sad to hear that unemployment is sparking all these acts of violence. . but not surprising I suppose.

TheDynasty

Certified Genius
BGOL Investor
I'm happy to hear this. . I think it is needed. Especially after the serial killer that was captured a few weeks ago.

It is sad to hear that unemployment is sparking all these acts of violence. . but not surprising I suppose.

Really. The end of Habeaus Corpus is something to be happy about I suppose. :rolleyes:

Chicutie

~Brown Suga~
BGOL Investor
Really. The end of Habeaus Corpus is something to be happy about I suppose. :rolleyes:

:hmm:

Police captured a serial killer less than a mile from where I live. . so yes if there is something that will be done to make my life safer. . yes I'm happy for it.

shanebp1978

Super Moderator

:smh:

You don't want 5.56, and 7.62mm rounds on the street. If they engage someone, the penetration factor alone. Bullets will be going through homes Chi.

How was a military organization supposed to stop a serial killer who preyed on old folks?

You have to think more long term, you DO NOT want militarily equipped personal in major cities, unless you want to live in a police state where the will of a few will be imposed upon the freedoms of the many.

I'm surprised that you would give up so much of your human rights to, " Feel " safe.

Look at Israel. I wonder if you would feel the same way when your forced to strip at the point of an M16 by some cracker with a buzz cut, and he fingers you at a mandatory checkpoint behind a curtain.

It can happen in America.

Chicutie

~Brown Suga~
BGOL Investor
:smh:

You don't want 5.56, and 7.62mm rounds on the street. If they engage someone, the penetration factor alone. Bullets will be going through homes Chi.

How was a military organization supposed to stop a serial killer who preyed on old folks?

You have to think more long term, you DO NOT want militarily equipped personal in major cities, unless you want to live in a police state where the will of a few will be imposed upon the freedoms of the many.

I'm surprised that you would give up so much of your human rights to, " Feel " safe.

Look at Israel. I wonder if you would feel the same way when your forced to strip at the point of an M16 by some cracker with a buzz cut, and he fingers you at a mandatory checkpoint behind a curtain.

It can happen in America.

I don't want that. But I just wonder what other options are there. Things are only getting worse not better.

TheDynasty

Certified Genius
BGOL Investor
:hmm:

Police captured a serial killer less than a mile from where I live. . so yes if there is something that will be done to make my life safer. . yes I'm happy for it.

Lady, you're going to have a hard time when folks start pulling out guns on each other on the regular in broad daylight. Let them military folks who have AR's, M16's and M4s engage them folks and I guarantee you that there will be a loss of life with the way those rounds shred through objects. I know I wouldnt feel safe with folks with heavy artillery like that walking around without myself being armed to the same level (which I presently am)

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Lady, you're going to have a hard time when folks start pulling out guns on each other on the regular in broad daylight. Let them military folks who have AR's, M16's and M4s engage them folks and I guarantee you that there will be a loss of life with the way those rounds shred through objects. I know I wouldnt feel safe with folks with heavy artillery like that walking around without myself being armed to the same level (which I presently am)

It's bad enough here, when a couple of years ago, STL Metro replaced their patrol shotguns with Beretta Cx4 storms, chambered in 9mm.

An the metro police are mad just breathing. Like Wolverines. Because they are forced to stay in the city to keep their jobs. They don't like living in the city. :( I hate going in South City myself, but some of my volunteer work has me down there, cats are shooting right around the corner. Such is life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_CX4_Storm

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
I don't want that. But I just wonder what other options are there. Things are only getting worse not better.

There are many other options. But one has to understand the problem to even begin to come up with a solution.

The one thing we can know, there is no way military personal, who are not even investigators could have stopped or captured a serial killer, and they can not stop violence.

They can only react. An when they do it, they will OVER DO IT.

Them boys don't leave the party until there's a lot of hats on the ground.

That saying comes from the '20s, when men wore REAL hats, meaning, a lot men were dead. Get it.

:(

TheDynasty

Certified Genius
BGOL Investor
It's bad enough here, when a couple of years ago, STL Metro replaced their patrol shotguns with Beretta Cx4 storms, chambered in 9mm.

An the metro police are mad just breathing. Like Wolverines. Because they are forced to stay in the city to keep their jobs. They don't like living in the city. :( I hate going in South City myself, but some of my volunteer work has me down there, cats are shooting right around the corner. Such is life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_CX4_Storm

The fuck? That's pushing it a bit on the firepower. Man, I have that live in STL and they're scrambling like pack rats trying to get out. One of them is talking about moving to Kansas City. Idiot. KCMO is almost dear near worse.

14damoney

Rising Star
OG Investor
As much as my respect has grown for The Dynasty lately, I'm going to have to go with you on this one Shanebp1978. What STL needs to me, is more citizen-firepower in homes and on persons.

Thuggery is diminished when a thug busts, and then the victim busts back!

The military & law enforcement are going to have a more aggressive stance from the beginning because it's just a job, and they want to go home too (in addition to possible racial elements).

Everybody in STL and any city like it should be allowed to carry a Magnum (and I ain't talking condoms :lol:).

Then it will be an unstated law amongst citizens: "...Don't start none, won't be none..."

...and once recognized, it is a law that universally, is almost always respected, or else.

If you've got a cannon, and you know that I've got a cannon, you'll think twice before you'll pull yours out on me right? Well vice-versa...

Last edited:

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
I'm going to have to go with you on this one Shanebp1978. What STL needs to me, is more citizen-firepower in homes and on persons.

Thuggery is diminished when a thug busts, and then the victim busts back!

2007 story, happened near me.

http://www.kmov.com/localnews/stories/kmov_localnews_070228_shootingupdate.7be7fb8.html

(KMOV) -- The North County mother accused of killing a local boy when she opened fire on a crowd of teens made her first court appearance on Wednesday.

The family of the 15-year-old boy who was shot and killed is speaking out.

15-year-old Jocquees Billups

51-year-old Alma King faced a judge Wednesday morning for arraignment, charged with second-degree murder, and assault with intent to kill.

Her family contends she and her son opened fire in self-defense Monday afternoon when faced with an angry rock throwing mob.

One of the shots killed 15-year-old Jocquees Billups and his aunt expressed the family’s outrage.

Billups aunt has made t-shirts in memory of the murdered teen.

She believes that Billups was there as a spectator to see a fight, and he was not involved in a gang.

Some of billups friends, on the other hand, say that he was involved and that he and the 16-year-old shooter were arguing over a girl.

The entire incident was captured on the King's surveillance camera, installed by the family after what they called problems in the neighborhood.

The victim's family says the video should have been enough evidence to punish the teens and that there was no need to open fire.

The other boy who was allegedly shot by Alma King and her son was treated and released from the hospital.

St. Louis County police confirm that they have been called numerous times to the King family home. News 4 has requested copies of the police reports.