MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Midway

It was better than I thought it was going to be. It humanized the Japanese, which is rare. The editing was weird, the background story was shaky and it had weak character development, but it was still entertaining. It had a lot of action so it kept you entertained. I never knew how powerful Japan was back then and how it caught us so off guard. It was right around two hours also, so it wasn't too long.

This was also better than I thought it was going to be. I wanted to watch it before judging it and since it was directed and with a mostly black cast, I wanted to give it a shot. I thought the trailers were weak and I thought it was going to be a TV movie. Also the complaints are sort of overblown. The white dude still was the villain. And he didn't save her, he wanted the reward and revenge for himself. I felt more could have been added to the story. How did she travel 600 miles. How did she become a union spy.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Charlies Angel
No judging I needed to use my weekly A-list film.

My theater now has GXL, immense screens, 4k super HD, extra wide rows ad superior sound. So to me thats better than Dolby, right, have to check it out. No way Dolby is incredible, I barely heard the audio in this room, and the screen looked the same as the normal rooms. I will stick with my Dolby room.

To start the movie you notice quickly that lil unattractive Kristin Stewart will be the headliner. She is a good actress but she does nothing for me but they showed a lil bit of cheeks in her booty shorts. This movie is about Elizabeth Banks, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska well they would get it and if they replaced Kristin with another attractive female it could easily be a series to the film. The plot made sense and scenes rolled through like they actually out time into it but you could easily fall asleep.

The assassin was cool at least he played the role well. The action was actually believable except for this one scene where it felt like it was pulled from Bugs Bunny.

They tried for humor lots of humor but it didnt work. I may of chuckled once or twice but others chuckled at some other scenes there was no laughter like they expected.

There are a few after credits and mid credit scenes.

Not a bad film to grab some popcorn and watch at home, especially if its in the trap. I didn't see much woman empowerment I mean this series has always been about women fighting. I wouldnt waste the money if you are a casual movie watcher but if you have A-list no reason to go and enjoy.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Charlies Angel
No judging I needed to use my weekly A-list film.

My theater now has GXL, immense screens, 4k super HD, extra wide rows ad superior sound. So to me thats better than Dolby, right, have to check it out. No way Dolby is incredible, I barely heard the audio in this room, and the screen looked the same as the normal rooms. I will stick with my Dolby room.

To start the movie you notice quickly that lil unattractive Kristin Stewart will be the headliner. She is a good actress but she does nothing for me but they showed a lil bit of cheeks in her booty shorts. This movie is about Elizabeth Banks, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska well they would get it and if they replaced Kristin with another attractive female it could easily be a series to the film. The plot made sense and scenes rolled through like they actually out time into it but you could easily fall asleep.

The assassin was cool at least he played the role well. The action was actually believable except for this one scene where it felt like it was pulled from Bugs Bunny.

They tried for humor lots of humor but it didnt work. I may of chuckled once or twice but others chuckled at some other scenes there was no laughter like they expected.

There are a few after credits and mid credit scenes.

Not a bad film to grab some popcorn and watch at home, especially if its in the trap. I didn't see much woman empowerment I mean this series has always been about women fighting. I wouldnt waste the money if you are a casual movie watcher but if you have A-list no reason to go and enjoy.

Thanks for the review. Added some Balinska red carpet photos to this thread the other day -

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fantasy Island
I saw the previews for this today, rolled my eyes at the screen, another remake. Second later I saw the Blumhouse intro and changed my tone. Knew it wouldnt be your typical romantic drama. I will be watching when it comes out.

publicenemy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I liked it, just something to watch. It had a brother in it and he hung in there!

A group of high-school kids set out to play a Halloween prank at an abandoned house, but once they enter they become victims of a demonic witch who has set her wrath upon them.
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Fantasy Island
I saw the previews for this today, rolled my eyes at the screen, another remake. Second later I saw the Blumhouse intro and changed my tone. Knew it wouldnt be your typical romantic drama. I will be watching when it comes out.

Fantasy Island is an upcoming 2020 American fantasy horror film[1] directed by Jeff Wadlow and written by Jillian Jacobs, Chris Roach, and Wadlow, based on the television series of the same name created by Gene Levitt. It stars Michael Peña, Maggie Q, Lucy Hale, Austin Stowell, Portia Doubleday, Jimmy O. Yang, Ryan Hansen, and Michael Rooker.[2] Jason Blum produces the film through his Blumhouse Productions banner.

Fantasy Island is scheduled to be released in the United States on February 14, 2020, by Sony Pictures Releasing.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

I knew it was "available", but I wanted to see it at the movies to see what the fuss was about.

First, If you don't like subtitles, stay away.

Movie was dope. I see why it's getting praised. I loved how original it was. It wasn't the typical recycled American movie.

Easily one of my top ten for the year.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Disney+
Captain marvel

I thought this movie was very good. I liked the interaction between Sam Jackson and Brie Larson. And I felt the movie was balanced. For example great action, story, and pacing. After watching this, I was wondering. Why didn't Nick fury try to contact Captain Marvel earlier? When Thanos first arrived on earth. Other than that I would recommend this movie.

XXX Series
Netflix /Blu Ray

Im going to be honest. These movies in my opinion, is kind of garbage. I Played the first movie. And only watched bits and pieces of it. Vin diesel's acting this movie is horrible. But I like the action and stunts in the movie. There was something that happened at the end that made me go. That was some bullshit. But made me laugh out loud.

xxx State of the union
This was slightly only slightly better.

XXX Return of Xander Cage
This was again, slighly better than its predecessor. The bad acting in this movie was horrible. I really wouldnt reccomend anyone watch. Any of these movies.

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Okay I'm mad late on this but I finally watched "X Men: Dark Phoenix" and I thoroughly enjoyed it, acting was good, the writing had some depth and the action scenes were solid. Downside was no Wolverine, this is the 2nd or third time they have focused on this and it did feel kind of rushed into production. Overall it was still dope, I'll add this one to the collection 3 stars(***) from me. Took a star for the above reasons but it shitted on X Men:Apocalypse.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
THE GOOD LIAR

Love and....well more like lust and deception...what a pair !!

PRAISE: In this story of a tough and laser focused con man Ian McKellen as Roy Courtnay and a well off widow he sets his sights on as his next mark Helen Mirren as Betty McLeish, McKellen and Mirren are terrific in their roles.These two masters of their craft put a smile on my face multiple times as each wonderfully displayed the frustrations,regrets,and charms of two people who have seemingly found a bond together at the twighlight of their lives.
Russell Tovey,Jim Carter and Lucian Msamati are in and out of the film but they all bring something to the table.

PROBLEMS:The film is partially predictable.20 minutes in i figured out how one revelation would play out.The second revelation while interesting i couldnt fully get on board on how some of it played out.
It would have been a bit more interesting had the writers added an additional turn that the film only slightly touches on.

An enjoyable film that kept me engaged for the most part.

Scale of 1-10 a 7½

CHARLIE'S ANGELS

Girl powe...i mean woman power...right?!?

PRAISE:The new Angels Kristen Stewart (who looks like she's having the most fun)as Sabina Wilson,Naomi Scott as Elena Houghlin,and Ella Balinska as Jane Kano,have enough charm and enthusiasm to uplift writer and director Elizabeth Banks script here and there.There are nice nods to former Angels,some and i mean some of the humor works,some of the action sequences were fun.

PROBLEMS :Far to predictable and old hat.The movie takes a while to get going and i could feel the audience partially checking out like myself.The villains were cookie cutter corny.Oh and the bad editing on some of the action sequences was laughable.
To end up with turns that i have seen in dozens of films was a letdown.Especially in a movie thats supposed to be a fresh take on the decades old Charlies Angels.
Can any graphic artitst working in films ever get photoshop right??

Scale of 1-10 a 5

publicenemy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I knew it was "available", but I wanted to see it at the movies to see what the fuss was about.

First, If you don't like subtitles, stay away.

Movie was dope. I see why it's getting praised. I loved how original it was. It wasn't the typical recycled American movie.

Easily one of my top ten for the year.

I watch subtitled movies all the time. Some of the best ones on Netflix are subtitled like Train to Busan.............................

1lhuwuddyiwlvwo3kkywlfw.jpeg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Quite the cast. Enjoyed the underlying tension related to the Manson angle. Margot Robbie is always nice eyecandy. Good to see DiCaprio and Pitt as co-leads. Good use of Russell as the narrator later in the film.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
21 Bridges

I wasn't sure what to expect considering the reviews, and considering it's been pushed back numerous times, but it had me from the opening. I found it really entertaining. It's not a movie that will stick with you, but you'll be entertained for an hour and a half. I liked it a lot more than that black and blue or white or whatever that movie was called. Some things don't make sense, but you just go with it.

Probably a lot of the negative reviews seems to stem from the blue lives matter crowd.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
21 Bridges

I wasn't sure what to expect considering the reviews, and considering it's been pushed back numerous times, but it had me from the opening. I found it really entertaining. It's not a movie that will stick with you, but you'll be entertained for an hour and a half. I liked it a lot more than that black and blue or white or whatever that movie was called. Some things don't make sense, but you just go with it.

Probably a lot of the negative reviews seems to stem from the blue lives matter crowd.
I was trying to explain that to my moms. Some parts, I said, wait what, but how, all who cares how will they wrap it up. Chadwick and Stephan James kept the movie going for me. James had one of the best cop/criminal chase scenes in a movie, cause he looked like he was actually running.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Please dont ruin my childhood !!

PRAISE: Sesame Street,Romper Room and High Feather some of the PBS shows that not only educated but also provided life lessons,but the king of them all was Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood.It was simplistic and wonderfully hosted by Fred Rogers a seemingly genuine and sincere man.
Tom Hanks does a fine job of capturing the mannerisms of Roger's in A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.This film isnt a biopic but a story of two men who handle emotions in very different ways, writer Lloyd Vogel, played by Matthew Rhys
reaches out to Rogers for a fluff piece for Esquire magazine .The film presents 2 men asking each other questions Rogers to Vogel:What is troubling you in life? How do you think you can get past the painful hurdles in front of you? Can you make peace with a past full of turmoil?
Vogel to Rogers: is it all just an act,your loving manner? your extremely attentive manner that you display to so many people? How do you see what's troubling someone and able to be so calming?
Also deserving praise is the rest of the cast which includes:Chris Cooper, Susan Kelechi Watson, Maryann Plunkett, and Enrico Colantoni

PROBLEMS: A couple of times Director Marielle Heller decides to do something with visuals that took me out of the film for a bit.I mean one was so extreme i thought the movie projector stopped !!

Still if you are in need of a wholesome couple of hours i perscribe A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Scale of 1-10 an 8½

Jojo Rabbit

Remember Springtime for Hitler ? .......welllllllll

PRAISE: This satire of Hitler Youth and bigotry seen through the eyes of Jojo (Roman Griffin Davis)
a gung ho but timid Hitler Youth member who looks to his imaginary friend "Hitler" for inspiration.
The talents of Davis and the entire cast which include :Thomasin McKenzie,Taika Waititi,Rebel Wilson,Stephen Merchant,Alfie Allen,Sam Rockwell and Scarlett Johansson helped me to gravitate towards the films themes which walk a very fine line between black comedy and drama
There are a lot of sight gags and humor but Director Taika Waititi wisely weaves in messages about the ignorance of hate,horrors of war,the agony of loss and how love and friendship can overcome prejudices.

PROBLEMS: The film takes it's time to get to the aforementioned great moments in fact i found the first 20 minutes to be extremely repetitive.

This film is definitely not for everyone but definitely worth your time if you have a thing for dark humor with heart.

Scale of 1-10 an 8

21 Bridges

21 Bridges in New York City....i think ive only been on 6 of them.

PRAISE:The movie has a great start as we are introduced to Andre Davis (Chadwick Boseman) who lost his policeman father at an early age and is now on the trail of two thieves Stephan James as Michael Trujillo and Taylor Kitsch as Ray Jackson who get more than they bargained for in more ways than one,including the murders of eight cops.
I thought most of the cast had great enthusiasm and presence.I thought most of the action sequences were on point and intense.The story did it's best in the first half to be involving.

PROBLEMS: What's going on with these cop thrillers as of late? Great starts but slowly but surely fall apart as the film progresses.The film suffers from a character lacking a poker face which leads to predictable moment after predictable moment.
I could tell some of the actors roles were almost completely chopped down.
At times i felt like the film was begging me to suspend disbelief.
The ending was so drawn out and predictable i actually started laughing.
Wait for cable

Scale of 1-10 a 6½

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Noticed No Good Deed was on TV the other day, and DVR'd it (after having recalled the screencaps of Taraji's pokies on AZNude in recent years). So did some paperwork and fast-forwarded to the titties later in the movie. I can't give a proper movie review, because I only watched about 15 - 20 mins total. Taraji can do no wrong since her celeb sextape which broke the internet & BGOL. One of the best celeb tapes ever.

:cheers:

thumb3_Henson-No-Good-Deed_755350.jpg
thumb3_Henson-No-Good-Deed_755351.jpg

thumb3_Henson-No-Good-Deed_755353.jpg
thumb3_Henson-No-Good-Deed_755349.jpg

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
The Good Liar

I liked it, but didn't like it. You're watching two masters of their craft, but even they couldn't cover up the flaws in this movie. The third act got kind of ridiculous. The gotcha left you scratching your head. Then the explanation. They were trying way too hard.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend