Movie Discussion: CAPTAIN MARVEL (Spoilers) UPDATE: Sequel MARVELS has New Black female director!

MurderCity

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was part of the plot to her origin. Figure out her memories.

Whoever her Black friend was had some ass on her tho.

Lashana Lynch, she is in the UK show Bulletproof and will be a main character in FX's TV adaptation of Y: The Last Man comic as Agent 355

Lashana+Lynch+Captain+Marvel+European+Gala+zB8dvAQ3IlWl.jpg

Lashana-Lynch-In-Jovani-Captain-Marvel-LA-Premiere.jpg

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
I am going to say I really liked Captain Marvel and as a former comic collector and a FOOM (had the card), I am more inclined to Marvel movies vs DC though i loved Dark Knight and the Nolan Batman movies.

That being said - we are living in fortunate times where comics are coming alive on the screen in contrast to what we had in the past

We should be grateful ...lol

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I am going to say I really liked Captain Marvel and as a former comic collector and a FOOM (had the card), I am more inclined to Marvel movies vs DC though i loved Dark Knight and the Nolan Batman movies.

That being said - we are living in fortunate times where comics are coming alive on the screen in contrast to what we had in the past

C57D9078977D29B98AA17B48B6E77B8D8B2CBA2E

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That's a cause for bad reviews for sure
The execution was off just a tad
And at one point they put in a Nike ad
My girl said that lol....
But the acting was really well done in this movie
It fit

But like you said it wasn't overblown

Unfortunately i feel like because the ENTIRE campaign was based on it for weeks...

It was going to come off heavy handed.

But in context of the film i thought it was fine.

The girls i was with LOVED all that stuff but didn't NOTICE it as much as WE did.

In fact i got get some money together cause they all want to see it again.

Sidebar...

This movie showed just how ridiculously good Sam is

Acting is not just showing out

But his ability to make OTHER ACTORS look so good is greatly under appreciated

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^^^^^

Been telling this dudes this for YEARS.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
But like you said it wasn't overblown

Unfortunately i feel like because the ENTIRE campaign was baaed on it for weeks...

It was going to come off heavy handed.

But in context of the film i thought it was fine.

The girls i was with LOVED all that stuff but didn't NOTICE it as much as WE did.

In fact i got get some money together cause they all want to see it again.

Sidebar...

This movie showed just how ridiculously good Sam is

Acting is not just showing out

But his ability to make OTHER ACTORS look si good is greatly under appreciated

I didn't mind it honestly
No different than any other hero who has to become a hero

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

This is why I absolutely can not stand people who have issues with films based on Comic Books.
This is the type of medium Comic Books were meant for.
There's been film series based on various literary genres since Hollywood's inception.

And I tell younger cats all the time that they should be thankful. Because we had to put up with the characters not being taken seriously with silly-written stories, bad SFX, cheaply made costumes and sets, etc back in the day.

What MARVEL has done on film,
And DC has done on TV,
Nothing but (Older) Comic Book fans dream come true.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
I loved it

Saw it today

Skrulls are brown people of earth and kree the cac, kree had some coons and abolitionist

Anyone see that? I’m just sayin tho

Black folk kept the the items that would help the hero remember

Did they change Ronan up, or was it the same dude? Looked different to me

Someone help me with this, what other heros are changed or become who they are due to contact with the power of an infinity stone? Of those how many are alive after the snap?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I did see Sam.
Sam was trying to give the other actors cues but they just didn't pick up on them.

but you just said everyone was out of a CW show.

That aint true

Sam was masterful and damn near directing the film with his acting

Benning and Law were under utilized

needed more Coulson

the lead Skrull was outstanding and took a difficult role and a TON of make up and made an endearing character

Lashana made sure she gonna be in the follow ups with her performance..

hell the little girl was good

Brie was NOT as bad as I thought she was going to be but she OK (again Sam Jackson was her foundation)

Again aint no Oscar winners on here..

and by the way

the casts of Black Lightning and Flash are some of the BEST acting of the genre ANYWHERE.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Corvus Glaive's glaive is as powerful as an Infinity Stone dude!
It is understandable that you dont know how powerful Corvus really is.
The Russo's didn't fully explain him. But trust. He can kick Thanos ass if he doesn't have the stones.

Vision never fought Thanos, he got his ass handed to him by Thanos' henchmen, of which none of them had an Infinity Stone.......by the time Thanos got to him he was a whimpering little girl.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@slam Bro, what I wanna know is, will it beat Wonder Woman's 822m world wide box office?
What do you think?

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

^^^^^^^^

Been telling this dudes this for YEARS.

This is why I absolutely can not stand people who have issues with films based on Comic Books.
This is the type of medium Comic Books were meant for.
There's been film series based on various literary genres since Hollywood's inception.

And I tell younger cats all the time that they should be thankful. Because we had to put up with the characters not being taken seriously with silly-written stories, bad SFX, cheaply made costumes and sets, etc back in the day.

What MARVEL has done on film,
And DC has done on TV,
Nothing but (Older) Comic Book fans dream come true.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Russo's didn't fully explain him. But trust. He can kick Thanos ass if he doesn't have the stones.
Yoo corvus and ebony maw would give thanos a run for his money without the stones.....Ebony maw was insane in infinity wars.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If the Eternals is a Prequel as rumored and is basically a Thanos's backstory story we might get to see the origin of the Black Order and more Corvus and Ebony Maw...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Duhhhh.
Dude this is the MCU.
Where have you been for 10 years?

First of all I said a coworker went to redbox, rented the movie. Dude realized the gotg tied a lot of things together. He made sure to say, “Thanos purple ass was in it”(he know I’d like to see a movie about the rise of Thanos). It was alao mention that ronin got killed because after Captain Marvel I said it seemed like he could carry a nice role as a villain.

Yea I’m new to this, only been around for a year and some (Wankanda Forever) but I did tell him that mama mask said folks need to watch gotg(that convo was before infinity war came out).

Now this coworker watched most of the marvel movies but said he tried to watch gotg three times but just couldn’t get into it.

lexdiamonnyc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know how powerful the Black Order is, but this isn’t the comic book versions.....they were all depowered. Hence why Proxima Midnight got her ass handed to her by Black Widow and Corvus Glaive got his ass handed to him by Captain America. If it was the comic book version the Black Order would’ve came down to Earth and started handing out L’s left and right. But that was not the case, and Vision was still a straight bitch! change my mind! :hmm:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I know how powerful the Black Order is, but this isn’t the comic book versions.....they were all depowered. Hence why Proxima Midnight got her ass handed to her by Black Widow and Corvus Glaive got his ass handed to him by Captain America. If it was the comic book version the Black Order would’ve came down to Earth and started handing out L’s left and right. But that was not the case, and Vision was still a straight bitch! change my mind! :hmm:

Not knowing much about the characters

I was surprised Vision was so hurt since I heard he’s a beast. I felt him and his girl would’ve caused trouble for thanos.