Make money delivering for Amazon: Amazon Flex

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just signed up tonight. Uber/Lyft are banned in my city and I want to find ways to bring in some extra income. My team lead at work told me about this the other day. He said he signed up and has been trained but hasn't started yet. I filled out there their form tonight: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=vp314-20 <---Go there to sign up.

Check the article: http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/29/9413787/amazon-flex-package-delivery-seattle

Amazon today launched a new service that pays part-time drivers in exchange for delivering packages. The service, called Amazon Flex, launches today in Seattle, and will soon come to Manhattan, Chicago, and seven other US cities, according to its website.

As The Guardian reports, Amazon Flex appears to have taken its cue from Uber and other "gig economy"-based services. Drivers will be paid $18 to $25 an hour to deliver packages ordered with Amazon Prime Now, the company's one-hour delivery service, though the site suggests it will eventually expand to include other Amazon deliveries. To qualify, drivers must provide their own car, own an Android smartphone, and pass a background check. They can choose to work for two-, four-, or eight-hour shifts.

"Be your own boss."

Amazon says the service will allow drivers to earn extra money on their own schedule, echoing other sharing economy-based services. "Be your own boss," the site's tagline reads, "deliver when you want, as much as you want." But the growing industry has come under criticism and legal pressure. Uber has faced particularly fierce backlash over its refusal to treat its drivers as full-time employees, rather than independent contractors. The company is currently appealing a ruling in California that granted class-action status to a lawsuit brought by a group of drivers demanding stronger protections.

After Seattle, Amazon Flex will launch in Manhattan, Chicago, Baltimore, Miami, Dallas, Austin, Indianapolis, Atlanta, and Portland. The company has not set a timeline for its expansion.

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nor do they have it in my hometown. Whenever I get contacted for it, I'll let the board know what to expect. Read some articles on it and it seems like a way to make some extra money. One review article I read said that when it is your shift, you are at the Amazon warehouse waiting in que to be assigned deliveries and you get paid regardless if your are out delivering or not.

WestIndianArchie

Rising Star
Registered
Now in Arlington (VA), Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Nashville, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Richmond, San Antonio, Seattle, Springfield (VA), Tampa Bay, and Virginia Beach.
Whoa!

makin$count

Support BGOL
Registered
I been doing the Amazon joint off n on for about 7 months it's straight but they send me like 25 miles out each time

DingoMan

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Just did my first couple deliveries last week. It was ok. I'll keep doing it if I don't have anything else to do.

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just got the initial email tonight that took me to the first page to request the app. Definitely looking for a way to periodically make some money on the side.