Loretta Lynn, Country Music’s Groundbreaking ‘Coal Miner’s Daughter,’ Dead at 90

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
LORETTA LYNN, THE beloved singer and songwriter whose seven-decade career broke down barriers for women in country music, died Tuesday at her home in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee. She was 90. Lynn’s publicist confirmed her death to Rolling Stone.

loretta-lynn-obit.jpg

In the 1960s, Lynn’s trailblazing country chart-toppers established the model of the female country star as an independent woman who stands her ground against cheating men and no-good homewreckers with unflagging, good-natured spirit. Lynn adapted her autobiographical 1970 hit “Coal Miner’s Daughter” into a best-selling biography, which was later made into an Oscar-winning film, introducing the story of a hardscrabble upbringing in Depression-era Kentucky that Lynn celebrated to people who never even listened to country music. Lynn wrote most of her hits, and as the first female singer to make her name as a songwriter in Nashville, she paved the way for modern artists like Miranda Lambert and Taylor Swift.

Lambert, who recorded a version of “Coal Miner’s Daughter” with Lynn for a 2010 tribute, praised her “authentic, no-holds-barred country songs” and called her “one of my biggest heroes… one of the strongest women in music“

More at:

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
RIP

Other than Coal Miner's Daughter. This is what I know of Loretta Lynn.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
had some big-time songs.

sadly, I belive she was a Trump supporter
Fair enough, she was a European descended 90 year old Appalachian mountain woman from Kentucky that sang country music.
Politics is aside, she is a pioneer of the highest order in her genre.

She paved the way for us to enjoy a Dolly Parton and the field.