LeVar Burton wants Jeopardy producers to know he's the best person to host - SIGN THE PETITION! UPDATE: LeVar says 'the fix was in'

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
LeVar Burton teases Jeopardy hosting gig: 'I'm proud of myself for daring to dream that dream'

By Tyler Aquilina
May 13, 2021 at 02:57 PM EDT

Let it never be said that grassroots campaigns can't succeed. LeVar Burton's passionate campaign to host Jeopardy, which garnered a wave of equally passionate support from fans, ultimately landed him a spot in the show's ongoing roster of guest hosts, fulfilling a lifelong dream for the former Reading Rainbow presenter. And while he's been vocal about wanting to step in to host the show full-time, he's still reeling from the chance to step behind that lectern at all.

"[Hosting Jeopardy] wasn't even on my bucket list, because I never anticipated that it could possibly be a reality for me," Burton tells EW. "And no matter what happens, I'm really proud of myself for daring to dream that dream, ultimately."

The actor can't say much about his hosting gig, which airs July 26-30, but will tease that "It was a phenomenal experience." As Burton has often explained, he's been a fan of the show nearly all his life, and is confident that he can bring the skills and gravitas required of a good Jeopardy host. ("I don't believe there is anyone out there who is better suited for this job than me," he previously told EW.)

"What I was interested in, once the table was set, was having an opportunity to compete for the job," Burton adds. "I believe I would not have forgiven myself if I had let this potential [opportunity] pass without doing everything within my power to put myself forward."

60 Minutes correspondent Bill Whitaker's run as guest host wraps up on Friday, with former Jeopardy contestant Buzzy Cohen stepping up next to host the annual Tournament of Champions. Other upcoming hosts include The Big Bang Theory star Mayim Bialik, Good Morning America's George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts, and Today co-anchor Savannah Guthrie.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
202893361_6091940444157366_5261408660504993125_n.jpg

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Seriously ... How can this dude not be the permanent host... ..

he is fucking perfect.... His story is perfect...

He has that it factor

Mr. Rodgers was his mentor

I mean come on...

The little girl running up and giving him a hug almost got me.

Last edited:

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He has that it factor

I mean come on...

An outstanding black man. Thank god he's not gay. I mean, he'd still be outstanding, but again, thank god he's not gay.

jimmiewine

"Are you gonna bring Halle? That's a fine bitch!"
BGOL Patreon Investor
An outstanding black man. Thank god he's not gay. I mean, he'd still be outstanding, but again, thank god he's not gay.

What does his sexuality have to do with hosting this show? Your favorite rapper is gay!

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What does his sexuality have to do with hosting this show? Your favorite rapper is gay!
My ideal of a strong, intelligent and articulate black man is that there's no ambiguity in where he defines his manhood. Also, my favorite rappers are from the 80's-90's who aren't gay, bitch nigga.

jimmiewine

"Are you gonna bring Halle? That's a fine bitch!"
BGOL Patreon Investor
My ideal of a strong, intelligent and articulate black man is that there's no ambiguity in where he defines his manhood. Also, my favorite rappers are from the 80's-90's who aren't gay, bitch nigga.

Bless your heart.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

He has that it factor

I mean come on...

^^^^

all this

and if he is NOT its a damn travesty

this is who Alex (RIP) would want to be his successor.

and I like how he is doing this

He is being POSITIVE and saying I WANT THIS.

Not demanding not negative toward the other potential hosts.

Levar is perfect for this.

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
I know how you feel bro...I'm so relieved for some reason. I was watching and waiting for him to say "As a gay black man in America "

:lol::lol: :thumbsup:

I ain't trying to laugh about anybody coming out or being gay but i'm willing to bet a lot of cats was waiting for him to say this.

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^^

all this

and if he is NOT its a damn travesty

this is who Alex (RIP) would want to be his successor.

and I like how he is doing this

He is being POSITIVE and saying I WANT THIS.

Not demanding not negative toward the other potential hosts.

Levar is perfect for this.
The petition is at 250k. I wish there was a way to get it up to 500k to let the jews running the show we mean business.