Korean BBQ

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/JAF3Bpy-AsY?version=3[/FLASH]

3271391048_9250834e26.jpg
KOREAN-KALBI-SHORT-RIB-RECIPE.jpg

I saw this recipe for bulgogi which is Korean barbeque on PurpleGirl's blog sometime ago and I've been wanting to try it for sometime, but haven't found the right cut of meat until recently. However, by this time, the weather has turned cool, and it just is not conducive to cooking outside anymore. Plus, as usual, I didn't have a whole lot of time to get dinner on the table, so this is my version of the Koreal style barbecue, stovetop. I used a pressure cooker to hasten the cooking time even more.

You will need, 2 pounds of beef short ribs, cut for kalbi which is beef short rib sliced across the ribs, about a fourth of an inch thick. A bit unusual to find in the regular grocery store, but I lucked out and found a pack. First, I rinsed the slices to remove any grit from the sawing of the bones, and spread the slices on a baking sheet. Take 4 tablespoons of brown sugar and sprinkle or rub onto the slices and marinade for 10 minutes while getting the rest of the ingredients ready. Mix in a small bowl:
4 garlic cloves crushed and minced
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup water

Layer the ribs in the pressure cooker and pour the ingredients above over the meat. Seal, and pressure cook for 35 minutes. After the meat is tender but not falling apart, lay them on an ovenproof dish and put in a 400 degree F oven to caramelize, about 15 to 20 minutes. In the meantime, take the remaining liquid in the pressure cooker and cook additionally until it is reduced to half and has thickened. Remove the pan from the oven and pour the sauce over, and sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serve over steamed rice.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Korean Cuisine: Live Octopus -
[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/R7ltkjm86FE?version=3[/FLASH]
tumblr_lgkttbwLQC1qaquxc.gif
:puke::puke::puke:
live-octopus-1-500x333.jpg
1.1272916563.piece-of-live-octopus.jpg

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's cool that you know how to cook like that. I wish I could.

It just takes practice. If you do it and it doesn't turn out right. try it again in a couple of days since you already have most of the ingredients. Eventually you'll get it down.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Korean bbq is off the chain man. I actually fucks with the kimshe too. I thought the shot was going to be garbage when. I was over there but I was dead wrong:yes:

auggiedoggy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My grandfathers second wife is Korean and she used to have me loving it. My mother tries but cant replicate it the same way. A few days ago I got some from a deli and it wasn't bad. Also leek kim chee is very good. :yes:

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Making mandu (Korean dumplings)
[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/zECZXmDmHR0?version=3[/FLASH]
mandoo.jpg