John Carpenter's The Thing

Cristar Mymine

Star
Registered
Just saw this on Sci-Fi. I was very pleased with this filmed. It entertained and terrified me (in a gross out way, too).

Any y'all seen this movie?

the-thing-20080929021007172-000.jpg

DarkVoid

The Devil you wish you didn't know.
OG Investor
Yeah that movie still has the best FX even till this day. All the gore, transformations, and mutations still gross me out. Atomsphere of that film still gets to me, throughout the ordeal there was no telling who was the Alien and who was human. Even at the very end no really knew.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Yeah, I think I saw it over twenty years ago. Hey anybody seen this movie? Man, I don't think I'm going to the beach anytime soon.

JawsFilmCover.jpg

finbar

Support BGOL
Registered
Great film, the only scene that always make me squirm is where they take the blood samples with the scalpel.

Although this is a remake of a 50's movie, Please Hollywood, don't try to remake this one again!

DipsetBi7ch

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great film, the only scene that always make me squirm is where they take the blood samples with the scalpel.

Although this is a remake of a 50's movie, Please Hollywood, don't try to remake this one again!

Hell yeah, that part shocked me, I knew something was about to happen on that scene, and it happened expectantly

2nd2none

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
didn't they have a comic book which took place after they were rescued at the end of the movie?

Rebel7fo

Potential Star
Registered
too late...their making a remake focused on the camp that existed before the one with kurt russell...

SloPoke

Star
Registered
I have never been as creeped out as when I saw The Thing. I watched it in recent years, and still had the same creepy as feeling.

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
Classic film.

My favorite thing, npi, about this flick is the score: music.

Simple, yet chilling:

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/S7Tn1Y-ERCE&feature=related[/FLASH]

nworba

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The original is scary too! Don't miss it if it comes on SciFi Channel!

MonkeyBlood

Potential Star
Registered
I love the ending where they're just waiting. It could be either one of 'em or the alien could already be dead. John carpenter did a lot of his own scores in his early films including the holloween theme. The gore was great but few movies have equalled the atmosphere and paranoia that made this film a masterpiece of the genre.