Jason Whitlock at it again!

Freedom Of Chat

Star
Registered
Whitlock makes some valid points, and oftentimes he has a compelling message that needs to be heard. The problem lies in his platform. This dude is addressing deeply rooted social dilemmas, as it pertains to millionaire athletes. :hmm: His ideas and opinions would be more respected if it addressed the people that his topics concern the most.

When a small percentage of athletes get into trouble, and you try to cast a shadow over everyone else of his or her race, it will result in poor journalism. Collier getting shot should not be an outlet to bash black people without offering a solution or any sense of hope. He shits on his own people to get the approval of white readers/editors, and that's why his "truth" doesn't shine as bright as it should.

AtlSportsFan

Star
Registered
Plus, when we (black people) socialize we don't segregate along economic or class lines. It's nearly impossible. Too many of us are the first members of our families to graduate from college or attain a high-profile job. So the athletes are caught in unavoidable class tension. Imagine truck drivers and golfers partying and competing for women at the same nightclub weekend after weekend. Oh, there would be some bottles broken, the occasional stabbing and a shotgun shooting or two.....

This is the problem right here.

The class issue, not the race issue.

How long would tom brady last kicking it with bikers.

This is part of Whitlock's frustration over the years:

Tom Brady KNOWS enough to NOT "kick it" with Bikers; yet the Vicks and Pacmans don't know to not give up their "past connections" that might lead them to trouble.

That's why he asked about Baseball & Hockey Players seemingly avoiding the same trouble that Black Athletes cannot AVOID despite the fact that they make the same amount of Money.

Freedom Of Chat

Star
Registered

This is part of Whitlock's frustration over the years:

Tom Brady KNOWS enough to NOT "kick it" with Bikers; yet the Vicks and Pacmans don't know to not give up their "past connections" that might lead them to trouble.

That's why he asked about Baseball & Hockey Players seemingly avoiding the same trouble that Black Athletes cannot AVOID despite the fact that they make the same amount of Money.

:smh: don't allow yourself to be bamboozled n brainwashed by the white media... don't let the misfortunes of a few brothers justify the negative perception cast on all black athletes... this is racist bullshit

AtlSportsFan

Star
Registered
:smh: don't allow yourself to be bamboozled n brainwashed by the white media... don't let the misfortunes of a few brothers justify the negative perception cast on all black athletes... this is racist bullshit
"Racist Bullshit" Huh?

Out of all the NBA Rookies that went to the Rookie Symposium, did you take notice of the ethnicity of the TWO THAT GOT SENT HOME FOR HAVING WEED?

The were Niggas, stupid Niggas at that!

You can talk that "Media Bullshit" all you want, but the reason more Black Athletes end up in the Media for the wrong reason, is that they do MORE DUMB SHIT than White Athletes do OFF THE FIELD!

Bryan Urlacher had "baby momma drama" just like Rae Carruth, but he didn't MURDER the chick while she was Pregnant?

Lots of White Athletes had just as much money as Michael Irvin did when he was with the Cowboys, but they didn't use that Money to buy a "White House" where they could use DRUGS and hook up with Skank Hoes.

You need to own up to the fact that "some" Blacks sometimes do dumb shit, and that blaming the "White Media" won't be solving any problems with the WAY WE RAISE BLACK MEN.

DaleMabry

Star
Registered
We all raise different black men in different ways.

What about how white society raises white men to get addicted to methamphetamine?

The problem is that big school programs dont shape boys to men like Doug Williams was shaped by Eddie Robinson in Grambling, cause they dont give a fuck about what a young black boy becomes off the field.

Stop blaming black people for everything and whites for nothing, DAMN.

Freedom Of Chat

Star
Registered
"Racist Bullshit" Huh?

Out of all the NBA Rookies that went to the Rookie Symposium, did you take notice of the ethnicity of the TWO THAT GOT SENT HOME FOR HAVING WEED?

The were Niggas, stupid Niggas at that!

You can talk that "Media Bullshit" all you want, but the reason more Black Athletes end up in the Media for the wrong reason, is that they do MORE DUMB SHIT than White Athletes do OFF THE FIELD!

Bryan Urlacher had "baby momma drama" just like Rae Carruth, but he didn't MURDER the chick while she was Pregnant?

Lots of White Athletes had just as much money as Michael Irvin did when he was with the Cowboys, but they didn't use that Money to buy a "White House" where they could use DRUGS and hook up with Skank Hoes.

You need to own up to the fact that "some" Blacks sometimes do dumb shit, and that blaming the "White Media" won't be solving any problems with the WAY WE RAISE BLACK MEN.

i don't have to own up to the fact that "some" blacks sometimes do dumb shit :hmm:

you're proving my point brother... why should i, or any black athlete, be held accountable and share the blame with "some" black athletes that fuck up? 2 rookies smoking weed has nothing to do with me, nothing to do with the other dozens of black rookies, and it has nothing to do with black people in general... black people arent the only people that smoke weed. black people arent the only people that commit crimes.

black people are the only people that commit "black on black" crime (obviously), and that's all thats broadcast in the media. jason collier getting shot shouldnt be a green light to cast a cloud over every black athlete.

AtlSportsFan

Star
Registered
i don't have to own up to the fact that "some" blacks sometimes do dumb shit :hmm:

you're proving my point brother... why should i, or any black athlete, be held accountable and share the blame with "some" black athletes that fuck up? 2 rookies smoking weed has nothing to do with me, nothing to do with the other dozens of black rookies, and it has nothing to do with black people in general... black people arent the only people that smoke weed. black people arent the only people that commit crimes.

black people are the only people that commit "black on black" crime (obviously), and that's all thats broadcast in the media. jason collier getting shot shouldnt be a green light to cast a cloud over every black athlete.

No one has cast a cloud over EVERY BLACK ATHLETE!

Mike Strahan, Tiki & Rhonde Barber, Reggie Miller, Greg Anthony, David Robinson, Joe Dumars, AND THE LIST GOES ON........

All those Black Athletes and MANY MORE had careers and were never mentioned on ESPN for negative shit, so no one is trying to criticize ALL Black Athletes.

The PROBLEM is that those folks on that list above are EDUCATED BROTHAS that did the right things in their spare time & Off-seasons, YOUR PROBLEM is that you are trying to take the behavior of certain LOWLIFES (not Collier, he is a VICTIM), and you are trying to make their own FUCK-UPS a "Black Cause" for the "the Community" to rally around.

Why not ask yourself WHY the "Pacmans and Vicks" can't act like those Athletes I listed above?

TREY-GA

Star
Registered
No one has cast a cloud over EVERY BLACK ATHLETE!
Why not ask yourself WHY the "Pacmans and Vicks" can't act like those Athletes I listed above?

...too many are missing the point....the issue isn't athletes,or Whitlock... its the behavior of Black men in general...WHY do we find it so easy to pull the trigger on another Black man, when something doesn't go our way....and why do we then give the BAD BEHAVIOR a pass, instead of condemning the person that commits the act...these senseless acts happen every day all over the country...if Collier were not an NFL player we wouldn't even be discussing it...but we value ATHLETES lives more than the regular guy on the street...if Darrent Williams, Sean Taylor and Collier were attacked by white folks , there would be an uprising on here about what WE have to do to fix this problem and we'd be condemning them like we condemn police brutality...but when its Black on Black, we say so what,and never miss a beat and let it pass as if its OK...I'm like Whitlock on this issue, I'm tired of hearing about us killing each other, especially when its over stupid ish....nothing will change until we STOP MAKING EXCUSES and start policing ourselves and holding each other accountable for our actions...last month my brother was hit in the leg by a stray bullet because some fool has a beef with another brother and decides to open fire on him in a public place ...not 3 or 4 am, not a night club...but 8 pm in a Magic johnson/ STARBUCKS here in Atlanta..:smh::smh::smh: