It's Black History Month- 3 Cac Students Post Racist Video Online, Archdiocese and Catholic School Take Action

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
"It's Black History Month, know your roots, I'm black and I'm proud!", one cac says..... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Philadelphia high school students disciplined after video shows one using black spray paint on another’s face while saying racist comments

At least two Philadelphia high school students are facing disciplinary action after a racist video recorded outside of school surfaced on social media showing one girl spraying black paint on another girl’s face as they made racist comments a week into Black History Month.

Two of the girls in the video that began circulating online on Tuesday attend Saint Hubert Catholic High School for Girls, according to Kenneth A. Gavin, the chief communications officer for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. A third girl in the video is not a student there, he said.

“We will not disclose finite details of individual disciplinary actions but the level of behavior calls for a minimum of suspension and counseling and a maximum of expulsion,” Gavin told CNN in an email Wednesday.

In a statement released Wednesday, Franklin Towne Charter High School said the former student who participated in the video or any other students who exhibit such conduct “have no place at our school.”

“The content of this video does not reflect the values and culture of our Towne family,” the school said on it website. It’s unclear whether the former student was enrolled at the time of the video recording.

A Black parent whose daughter attends the Catholic school told CNN the video was sent directly to his daughter and niece as well as other Black students.

When asked whether the video was initially sent to Black students at the school, Gavin told CNN, “At this time it is unknown as to the exact distribution. My understanding is that it was posted and shared on social media.”

Saint Hubert Catholic High School serves roughly 500 students grades 9 through 12 while nearly 1,300 students attend Franklin Towne Charter High School, their respective data shows. Both schools are majority white, the data shows.

Video draws protest
The video began circulating on social media a week into Black History Month.

In the video, a girl is seen using black spray paint to color the face of another girl as she says, “You’re a Black girl! You know your roots! It’s February! You’re nothing but a slave… and after this she’s doing my laundry.”

People in the video can be heard laughing as this occurs. One person is seen filming the incident on her phone. The girl who had her face painted black says, “I’m Black and I’m proud.”

The video was taken outside of school and after school hours, a Wednesday statement provided to CNN by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia said.

“We recognize and understand that the actions of these students have reopened societal wounds in a deeply painful way. Those allegedly responsible are not present in school and are being disciplined appropriately,” the archdiocese said.

The archdiocese added the school and the Office of Catholic Education are conducting a review into the incident. “Should that process determine involvement by any other students, they will also face disciplinary action,” the statement said.

Footage shot by CNN affiliate KYW showed parents and activists protesting outside Saint Hubert Catholic High School for Girls on Wednesday holding signs that read, “No More Racism” and “Hate Hurts.”

NAACP responds
Catherine Hicks, president of the Philadelphia branch of the NAACP, expressed in a statement Wednesday her strong disappointment in the video and called on the school to “ensure action takes place immediately.”

“It is extremely disheartening to have to address this, especially during the observance of Black History Month, that honors the accomplishments and rich history of black people,” the statement said.

CONTINUED:
Philadelphia high school students disciplined after video shows one using black spray paint on another's face while saying racist comments | CNN

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the sad shit is folks giving a fuck

what three bored pale faced furry lil hoes are doing...

I wish I would let little pale faced furry hoes get

me riled up over anything...

Real Knigga Shit!!

they aint even worth a YAWN bruh!!

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The point of remembering this shadow side of Irish Catholic American history is not to blame and shame but to learn and grow.

A dose of blackface minstrelsy reassured them of their white Americanness despite, or perhaps in addition to, their Irish Catholicity.

Ironically, I stumbled upon this unsettling tidbit of my family’s Irish Catholic American history while bracing to unearth another. I went looking for an advertisement my grandfather had likely placed for his new whites-only subdivision in suburban Philadelphia and found Mom in a minstrel show, instead. The two are not unrelated. Minstrel shows in Catholic parish halls allowed families like mine to stay tethered to a key part of our cultural identity as Irish American Catholics, especially in new suburban landscapes. My grandparents could defend their faith from Protestant anti-Catholicism by flipping America’s minstrelsy script, proving Americanness via their anti-Blackness. And they could defend their territory — parish, school and home — against Black Americans, whom many blamed for the downfall of beloved urban parishes.

Minstrelsy might not be part of church celebrations anymore, but white Irish American Catholics still get defensive about racism. We resort to familiar tropes like “my family didn’t own slaves” or “we were discriminated against, too,” or “all lives matter” to protect ourselves from the ugliness of the racism that has wrapped itself around many Irish Catholic family trees like a choke vine.

Knuckles666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Young/old don’t matter, just can’t help themselves. It’s like some type of pledge they have to fulfill before they die!

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Every time I think to myself about making peace with them, shit like this pulls me back into militant mode.
My first thought after watching that shit.... them laughing.... was to Kunta Kinte their asses.... chain them between two trees and yell BLACK HISTORY MONTH bitches as that whip cracked... give their cac asses 20 lashes.... minimum....
:itsawrap:
toby-kunta-kinte.gif

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
fuck them catholics...they always came off to me as racist...every time i see them meeting at the archdiocese huddled up like some secret
society meeting...

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Why don't you ever see Black girls spray painting their faces white and saying "hu-White Power!!!" and "I eat mayonaise for dinner!!" or "I smell like wet dog, bologna and SPF 30!!"??

Why do we never see such videos?

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Kids aren't born racist they are taught it at home, so want to bet the parents have MAGA ball caps at home.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

KYW NEWSRADIO

NEWS

LOCAL

St. Hubert Catholic High School for Girls expels students involved in racist video
The school also announced new public safety measures and anti-racist actions to come

IMG5931--Edited-179381ea-e90e-4073-b5ab-375ac1345934.png

Protesters demonstrated outside St. Hubert Catholic High School for Girls on Friday. Photo credit Antionette Lee/KYW Newsradio

PHILADELPHIA (KYW Newsradio) — St. Hubert Catholic High School for Girls has expelled the students involved in a social media video last week participating in blackface and using racist language. The school also announced over the weekend new safety measures and anti-racist actions to be taken.

Last week, St. Hubert confirmed that three of its students were involved with the the video, and the Archdiocese said one of the girls involved is from a non-Catholic high school.

A statement from the Holmesburg school's principal and president confirmed the news, saying the school community has been "wounded by the actions of a handful of formerly enrolled students."
In the video, several white teenage girls laugh and shout comments about slavery and Black History Month as one of them sprays dark paint on the face of another girl who is playing along.

RELATED
Students allege racist culture at NE Philly school after viral blackface video

Social blackface video draws controversy to 2 NE Philly high schools

LETTER FROM ARCHBISHOP NELSON J. PÉREZ TO THE SAINT HUBERT CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS COMMUNITY Dear Friends in...
Posted by Archbishop Nelson Perez on Friday, February 10, 2023

Archbishop Nelson J. Pérez, who leads the the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and Catholic schools in the region, distributed a personal statement on Friday, condemning the students' actions and calling racism "a mortal sin," "a vile evil" and "an attack on the integrity of ... human life." At Sunday's Mass, he called on area Catholics and the broader community to work together to defeat racism.

"The recent actions of a few have ripped open deep wounds in your school and our community-at-large," he wrote.

"As we move forward, I urge all of you to embrace your individual and collective responsibility to stamp out racism in a manner that promotes peace, justice, and the call of Christ to live in the spirit of charity."

In response to "reactionary general threats" made against the school last week, St. Hubert students did their class work from home. In an announcement Saturday, St. Hubert outlined new safety measures in partnership with the Philadelphia Police Department's 15th district and plans for anti-racist actions at the school.

"At this time, we have no knowledge of any threats against the safety of the school or any planned protests for next week. However, we are taking precautions to provide for safety. On Monday, when faculty and students return to our school building, there will be a visible and active police presence around the campus perimeter. Our security guard will also be present throughout the school day, making rounds both in and out of the building."

In addition to new collaborative efforts with the archbishop’s Commission on Racial Healing and the Office for Black Catholics, the school says the Anti-Defamation League will be conducting anti-bias workshops with faculty, staff and administrators starting on Feb. 20.