Is Montgomery, Alabama a good spot for Black professionals and families?

FuriousStyles

Rising Star
Registered
Seriously considering accepting a position in Montgomery, Alabama. Visiting next month but I was curious if anyone has any insight as to what the city is like? I know that it is a historic city but I just never hear anyone mention it. Curious as to what the adjustment curve will be like relocating to the area from the DMV? I don't think my kids are deep south kids but their parents are southern so hopefully they can adjust no problem. Any advice or suggestions?

treal5

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Had a white boss tell me he moved out of Montgomery because of all the racism towards black people. Said he didn't want his kids raised around that. He worked in the banking industry back then.

FuriousStyles

Rising Star
Registered
alot of those comments are pretty positive. Did you make a decision

Not yet. I'm visiting next month and will see how it goes. As you can see I didn't get many responses which kind of makes sense considering I never hear anyone mention the city even though it's the state capital, is home to a major HBCU, and is a historic city.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
from the looks of it,hell naaaw,niggas sitting outside in yards on the curb ...nope,not unless its 100+

oskie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
its a growing area. its an hour drive to Birmingham or Atlanta. You can get a lot of house and land for your dollar. schools are decent if your kids are into sports.