Inmates escaping like a mofo-Police searching for 2 inmates who escaped Philadelphia correctional center, they missed 3 head counts

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

Hurst-and-Grant.png

Ameen Hurst, 18, and Nasir Grant, 24, escaped from the Philadelphia Industrial Detention Center by cutting a hole in a recreational fence at around 8 p.m. Sunday, May 7, 2023.

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --
Police are searching for two prisoners who escaped from a correctional center in Philadelphia.

One of the escapees is alleged to be a dangerous killer.

The escape happened on Sunday night around 8:30 p.m. when the individuals were seen on surveillance footage cutting a hole in a fence at the Philadelphia Industrial Correctional Center located at 8301 State Road.

Police tell Action News that one of the inmates, Ameen Hurst, 18, was being held on several murder charges.

Deputy Commissioner of Investigations Frank Vanore said in a press conference Hurst has been arrested for three homicides.

One took place on Christmas Eve in 2020 on the 1800 block of Wynnewood Road.

Vanore stated that in March 2021, Hurst committed three more murders. He said Hurst shot four people and killed two behind an apartment building on North 76th Street.

Then, just days later, officials say Hurst shot and killed another victim outside of a correctional center.

Officers at the press conference said someone was being discharged from the center when Hurst shot and killed him.

When the incident was first reported, Action News identified the victim as 20-year-old Rodney Hargrove.

Hurst was 16 years old at the time.

The second inmate is Nasir Grant, 24, who police say was being held on narcotics and gun violations.

Officers say the only connection between the two inmates is that they were housed in the same unit but in different cells.

According to Prisons Commissioner Blanche Carney, the Philadelphia Industrial Correctional Center became aware of the two escaped inmates around 3 p.m. Monday.

Carney says there were three headcounts which took place at 11 p.m. Sunday, 3 a.m. Monday, and 7 a.m. Monday before learning of the escape.

It's still unclear how the missing inmates went under the radar.

"So the facility became aware today at their 3 p.m. headcount that we had two individuals that were not accounted for. They're going back through the process to see if those three counts that were called in as cleared and why they did not detect those two individuals missing," said Carney.

Action News asked Carney if she believed someone on her staff aided in the escape or if it was a case of negligence.

She responded by saying we would have to wait for an official investigation.

"I'm really angry about it, there's no reason for this and if everyone did what they were supposed to do we wouldn't have this problem," said Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney at the press conference.

In the meantime, police officials ask the public to be cautious of these individuals.

Officials say if you see either of the inmates or know of their whereabouts, call the police tip line at 215-546-TIPS or call 911 immediately.

Last edited:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hurst is a killer and has nothing to lose and I just hope he doesn't kill anyone else while on the loose.

It happens cause it happened in my city and in a newyork state prison and escaped all have something in common and that's is they had help,a guard,someone from the outside.It doesn't take a scientist to figure out human flaws and especially when you have nothing but time to just watch and think.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If they were able to coordinate with ppl prior to the breakout they could be anywhere. I-95 is right there. Buses run right outside and there's a train stop about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away too. Walking wouldn't do them much good. Holmesburg (the neighborhood) is historically notoriously racist, though that stretch of NE Philly is becoming more diverse.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whoever is in charge of those headcounts better be fired at least, charged as an accessory at best.

It may not even have been deliberate, but at the very least, you weren't doing your job either taking an actual count or reporting an inconsistency. My guess is the inmates noticed guards were slacking and took advantage of it. That, or dudes slide in and out of there all of the time, and these two didn't come back on schedule. There's no scenario where the staff isn't some kinda responsible for this.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Whoever is in charge of those headcounts better be fired at least, charged as an accessory at best.

It may not even have been deliberate, but at the very least, you weren't doing your job either taking an actual count or reporting an inconsistency. My guess is the inmates noticed guards were slacking and took advantage of it. That, or dudes slide in and out of there all of the time, and these two didn't come back on schedule. There's no scenario where the staff isn't some kinda responsible for this.
When you miss three..... in a row...... 11:00pm.... 3:00am..... 7:am..... believe me, it was deliberate

:itsawrap: