Illegal downloaders in Britain lose Web access.(Would this work in the U.S.?)

rtm862

Star
Registered
8-25-20097-31-06AM.jpg

marchetta

Star
Registered
No, it won't work in the US or anyother place for that matter. Someone posted a story a few months back about a European country that spent $Billions upgrading its internet infrastructure, and then made a prohibition against illegal downloading. Immediately, traffic dissapeared from their new, expensive, highspeed system. W/O illegal downloading, people stopped using the internet, and all they were left with was a high-speed system and no customers. I don't know if they reversed their stance on illegal downloading, but it sent a clear message. If government/ISPs side with the media industry and try to enforce copyright infringement laws, people will retaliate and hit them where it hurts. In their pockets.

DickDastardly

Star
Registered
No, it won't work in the US or anyother place for that matter. Someone posted a story a few months back about a European country that spent $Billions upgrading its internet infrastructure, and then made a prohibition against illegal downloading. Immediately, traffic dissapeared from their new, expensive, highspeed system. W/O illegal downloading, people stopped using the internet, and all they were left with was a high-speed system and no customers. I don't know if they reversed their stance on illegal downloading, but it sent a clear message. If government/ISPs side with the media industry and try to enforce copyright infringement laws, people will retaliate and hit them where it hurts. In their pockets.

I remember reading that. I wanna say it was Switzerland or Germany I'm not sure. But yeah that's what's gonna happen.

Rick Ronson

Banned
i think its good people steal what i consider garbage ass music:D

i wish people would support real artist though:smh:

napolean-1.gif