I want start traveling again

Da Backshot Champ

Rising Star
Registered
My wife booked a trip last month to Barcelona and Cote d'Azur this summer. Hoping the shit going on over there dies down. Don't need to be on the beach with jet fighters over head, even though most of the French beaches suck with all those rocks instead of sand.

London and the UK is a worthwhile trip. If you go to London and make it out to Pop Brixton, go to Baba G's. Best lamb burger I had in my motherfucking life!

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Good. I implore black folks to travel as much as possible. See that the world don’t care about race the way we do here. It’s liberating having that pressure off your back, even if it’s for two weeks.

That being said, the UK is pretty dope, especially the London area. Plus Manchester and Liverpool are great cities as well. Just be ready for the cold and rain.

If that’s not your thing, you could try the south of France. It’s pricey, but it’s some of the best weather you’ll find in Europe. Barcelona as mentioned, is also a great place to soak up the sun.

Africa is always king. Egypt is amazing and I’m heading back in a few months time. Be prepared to absorb and unlearn everything you’ve ever learned from white peoples because this where you’ll find the truth about yourself and the world.

Johannesburg is amazing. Cold but lively. People are friendly and welcoming and you won’t have no issues mixing in with the local crowd because of it.

Iceland is also dope af. Now cold and wind are rain are a given, so leave the shorts at home. If you’re the adventurous type and are willing to make the trek, you can drive to the coast with a tour guide and hike some miles to a black sand beach where a military aircraft has been abandoned there for years. It’s random af but makes for quite the photo.

Anyways, the world is your oyster homey. Explore it all!

Reactions: MCP

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good. I implore black folks to travel as much as possible. See that the world don’t care about race the way we do here. It’s liberating having that pressure off your back, even if it’s for two weeks.

That being said, the UK is pretty dope, especially the London area. Plus Manchester and Liverpool are great cities as well. Just be ready for the cold and rain.

If that’s not your thing, you could try the south of France. It’s pricey, but it’s some of the best weather you’ll find in Europe. Barcelona as mentioned, is also a great place to soak up the sun.

Africa is always king. Egypt is amazing and I’m heading back in a few months time. Be prepared to absorb and unlearn everything you’ve ever learned from white peoples because this where you’ll find the truth about yourself and the world.

Johannesburg is amazing. Cold but lively. People are friendly and welcoming and you won’t have no issues mixing in with the local crowd because of it.

Iceland is also dope af. Now cold and wind are rain are a given, so leave the shorts at home. If you’re the adventurous type and are willing to make the trek, you can drive to the coast with a tour guide and hike some miles to a black sand beach where a military aircraft has been abandoned there for years. It’s random af but makes for quite the photo.

Anyways, the world is your oyster homey. Explore it all!

How long did you stay in Egypt? I want to do countries in Africa, but I feel like I will need at least 3 weeks if I am going to cross the pond.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
How long did you stay in Egypt? I want to do countries in Africa, but I feel like I will need at least 3 weeks if I am going to cross the pond.
That’s about right, especially for Egypt. So we stayed for a little over three weeks close to a month. Disturbingly enough that still wasn’t enough time to take in all the history, from all the cities and museums available. It’s simply way too much to do in one trip. I can fully understand how Egyptologists become career Egyptian researchers because they’re learning new things every single day and coupled with the fact that that’s one of the oldest civilizations on the planet, it’s a lot to take in.

But that education is priceless. And it’s everything that they won’t teach you in western school constructs.

If you can, make sure you hit the various cities inside the country. Cairo is nice, but Aswan, Luxor, Abu Simbel are just as good if not better, and cheaper. The further south you go towards Sudan, the blacker it becomes and you’ll feel a welcome from the people like you’ve never felt in your life.

Flights are relatively cheap inside the country as well. We flew from Cairo to Luxor and it was only $60 US so it’s more than feasible.

You can cruise the Nile and they have those packages all over the social sites like Groupon or living social but I personally did not like the dinner cruise because you couldn’t see anything at night. Better you go in the daytime.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s about right, especially for Egypt. So we stayed for a little over three weeks close to a month. Disturbingly enough that still wasn’t enough time to take in all the history, from all the cities and museums available. It’s simply way too much to do in one trip. I can fully understand how Egyptologists become career Egyptian researchers because they’re learning new things every single day and coupled with the fact that that’s one of the oldest civilizations on the planet, it’s a lot to take in.

But that education is priceless. And it’s everything that they won’t teach you in western school constructs.

If you can, make sure you hit the various cities inside the country. Cairo is nice, but Aswan, Luxor, Abu Simbel are just as good if not better, and cheaper. The further south you go towards Sudan, the blacker it becomes and you’ll feel a welcome from the people like you’ve never felt in your life.

Flights are relatively cheap inside the country as well. We flew from Cairo to Luxor and it was only $60 US so it’s more than feasible.

You can cruise the Nile and they have those packages all over the social sites like Groupon or living social but I personally did not like the dinner cruise because you couldn’t see anything at night. Better you go in the daytime.

Thanks for the info :bravo:

Which airline did you book with? Was it a straight flight or did you have to transfer?

When I went to Japan it was 16 hours straight from JFK to Narita. JPL airlines is one of my favorites after that trip.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Thanks for the info :bravo:

Which airline did you book with? Was it a straight flight or did you have to transfer?

When I went to Japan it was 16 hours straight from JFK to Narita. JPL airlines is one of my favorites after that trip.
I’ve heard good things about JPL. When and if we ever get to Japan, I’ll have to look them up.

From DC to Cairo, we took Air France the entire way. We did stop off in Paris for a few nights to visit family. I believe most flights from the US eastern seaboard to Egypt do the same. They’re my favorite airline hands down so far. Very accommodating and good room. Always have a comfortable experience with them.

Inside of Egypt, EgyptAir is the go to. Cheap prices with flights running inside the country, to all major cities, every hour on the hour. The planes are legit older planes so it ain’t gon be the most luxurious of rides but for $60 per person, for a 45 min flight, you can’t beat it.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Been a lot places in my life few places I want go uk, Norway any suggestions or advice passport ready now
1st get an Amex Platinum card and follow these sites