I think Gwen Ifill should recuse herself from tommorrow's VP Debate

revenge

Star
Registered
2z7ph0l.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judd-legum/ifill-book-public-weeks-b_b_130834.html

I love Gwen, she's one of the best in the Media Biz. But the rethugs are setting this up so that Palin can't lose. It doesn't matter if Ifill's upcoming book is totally objective. The rethugs will spin it as Pro-Obama and the vast majority of white America will buy into the spin. Therefore if Palin does well, she did so in spite of a biased moderator. If she does poorly, its because of a biased moderator. They wil spin it that way regardless the moderator, but this gives their oop, the alley they were looking for.

She should bow out to avoid the right wing, nutso spin.

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
Re: I tink Gwen Ifill should recuse herself from tommorrow's VP Debate

Bitch, don't nobody care what you think!
end.gif

Blu Diablo

Promoter of Common Sense
BGOL Investor

False.

All she has to do is ask equally fair question of both candidates based on the responsibilities of the office they may have to take over if necessary.

You don't get easy outs as president, this is another ploy that will backfire like just like McCain suspending his campaign. :hmm:

sagelike

Star
Registered
I've watched her show on PBS for about as long as she has been moderating it.

As far as I can tell she is as fair as they come.

McCain's camp is just looking for a reason at this point to make excuse because things appear to be falling apart.

revenge

Star
Registered

False.

All she has to do is ask equally fair question of both candidates based on the responsibilities of the office they may have to take over if necessary.

You don't get easy outs as president, this is another ploy that will backfire like just like McCain suspending his campaign. :hmm:

I agree and she will do that, she's a pro. But as you've seen, the McCainiacs are just lying now. Gwen recusing herself would trump any spin blitzkrieg they are setting up to deliver.

buck_ya_bitch

Star
Registered

I totally agree
perception trumps reality any day..
biden is about to open a can of whoop ass on palin
that should be the big story on friday
palin showing how stupid she really is..
if Ifill is the one giving the questions the republicans are going to try
and spin this..
take the focus off palin and john mclame's poor decision making skills

she needs to do the right thing
make the scarifice for black america..

UltimateLurker

Star
OG Investor

I agree and she will do that, she's a pro. But as you've seen, the McCainiacs are just lying now. Gwen recusing herself would trump any spin blitzkrieg they are setting up to deliver.

it would mean they're were right, nice reverse logic, you fucking neo-con retard....!
who gives A SHIT WHAT THEM OR YOU THINK anyway? :hmm:

dumbass.jpg

revenge

Star
Registered

it would mean they're were right, nice reverse logic, you fucking neo-con retard....!
who gives A SHIT WHAT THEM OR YOU THINK anyway? :hmm:

dumbass.jpg

Two sitting US Congressmen, a former candidate for the US Senate, a former Governor, a State Attorney General, several State Senators and State House members.

Laughing Man

Star
Registered
She had let people know in July about this book

The right knew about her

They agreed to her being the moderator in August.......

Now they see Palin being a severe fuckup, want to call a conflict on a moderator they agreed to in August........

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Dumb asses...........

Keith O is going at them for their stupidity

UltimateLurker

Star
OG Investor

Two sitting US Congressmen, a former candidate for the US Senate, a former Governor, a State Attorney General, several State Senators and State House members.

Ok, let me speak for bgol, when I SAY: WE DO NOT GIVE A FUCKING SHIT WHAT YOU, MCCAIN AND THOSE LAME ASS NEO-CONS IN CONGRESS THINKS....!
I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND OR QUOTE ONE "INDEPENDENT OR DEMOCRAT" IN ANY FUCKING ARTICLE YOU POSTED (CORRECTION:------>DIDNOT POST)

BESIDES, WHAT DO YOU CARE TO POST SOME BULLSHIT STARTED BY A FUCKING CONSERVATIVE BLOG AND MCCAIN TALKING POINTS ADVISORS@ FOXNEWS :hmm: POST SOME PUSSY, GO BACK TO sohh OR STFU....!

bobs-stupid.jpg

revenge

Star
Registered
She had let people know in July about this book

The right knew about her

They agreed to her being the moderator in August.......

Now they see Palin being a severe fuckup, want to call a conflict on a moderator they agreed to in August........

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Dumb asses...........

Keith O is going at them for their stupidity

I agree with you and Keith O. They probably did this on purpose. Hold it till the last minute, then spring it on us an the eve of the debate. Its sharp elbows and sleazy but that's the game now.

revenge

Star
Registered

Ok, let me speak for bgol, when I SAY: WE DO NOT GIVE A FUCKING SHIT WHAT YOU, MCCAIN AND THOSE LAME ASS NEO-CONS IN CONGRESS THINKS....!
I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND OR QUOTE ONE "INDEPENDENT OR DEMOCRAT" IN ANY FUCKING ARTICLE YOU POSTED (CORRECTION:------>DIDNOT POST)

BESIDES, WHAT DO YOU CARE TO POST SOME BULLSHIT STARTED BY A FUCKING CONSERVATIVE BLOG AND MCCAIN TALKING POINTS ADVISORS@ FOXNEWS :hmm: POST SOME PUSSY, GO BACK TO sohh OR STFU....!

bobs-stupid.jpg

:hmm:
Just like right wing radio hacks, screaming and yelling your point doesn't make your point any more right or you less stupid.

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered

This is a pro Obama site, hillblazers opinions don't count.

Then call your whore mother, and tell that fat bitch.
Obama is my senator... I've voted him into office already, dumbass.

UltimateLurker

Star
OG Investor

:hmm:
Just like right wing radio hacks, screaming and yelling your point doesn't make your point any more right or you less stupid.

Go post it on your foxnews blog bitch, nobody gives a fuck about your opinions or this thread oreo

Alpha_Male

Star
Registered

Then call your whore mother, and tell that fat bitch.
Obama is my senator... I've voted him into office already, dumbass.

a feisty hillblazer...you sound like a 12yr old white girl. :lol::lol:

LJay

Star
Registered

LOL everyone's scared of this palin bitch now
can't be serious
if she wins mccain the election you niggas might as well start pickin cotton

VegasGuy

Star
OG Investor

bobs-stupid.jpg

co got damn signed!!

-VG

divine

Superstar
BGOL Investor

Thanks! now I don't have to respond... you said what I was thinking....

bobs-stupid.jpg

revenge

Star
Registered

co got damn signed!!

-VG

I refuse to respond any more to the ultimate fagg, but you two seem a little more level headed. My point is strategic, not emotional. A move like that by Ifill would pull most of the Rethug argument off the table. Its called triangulation. Clinton used it on the Rethugs all the time. Own their position before they do. Now, my argument is more hypothetical than realistic because Ifill doesn't work for Obama.

Rzt921

Potential Star
Registered

I refuse to respond any more to the ultimate fagg, but you two seem a little more level headed. My point is strategic, not emotional. A move like that by Ifill would pull most of the Rethug argument off the table. Its called triangulation. Clinton used it on the Rethugs all the time. Own their position before they do. Now, my argument is more hypothetical than realistic because Ifill doesn't work for Obama.

Is Tom Brokaw recusing himself from the debate with Obama and McCain?

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered

look...Gwen Ifill is a pro. She's moderated debates before and she'll do it again in the future. Washington Week is one of the most fair and balanced political shows on television. Obama had to sit through a debate with Hillary that was moderated by her husbands former press secretary and he came out all right. The Rethugs need to quit tryin to throw hail mary's and take notes from Vince Young....get used to riding the bench cuz you gettin took out the game.

Jazzy1

Star
Registered

Nah Gwen is good to go for this debate bailing would compromise her journalistic integrity, and it would be an admission that she's in the tank for Barack.

Gwen is a fair moderator has been viewed that way her whole career.

Let the repubs spin a poor Palin debate all they want if Gwen is fair it will fall on deaf ears.

You can't let them bully folks and think they are dictating an argument.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Is Tom Brokaw recusing himself from the debate with Obama and McCain?

Nah Gwen is good to go for this debate bailing would compromise her journalistic integrity, and it would be an admission that she's in the tank for Barack.

Gwen is a fair moderator has been viewed that way her whole career.

Let the repubs spin a poor Palin debate all they want if Gwen is fair it will fall on deaf ears.

You can't let them bully folks and think they are dictating an argument.

Thank you.

You two captured nearly everything I wanted to say. Aside from that, I love it when the Rethugs scream OUTRAGE. It's a clear indicator that they're on the ropes. I'm tired of the Left, Middle and everything inbetween cowtowing to the Right's every demand. Fuck em'.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2z7ph0l.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judd-legum/ifill-book-public-weeks-b_b_130834.html

I love Gwen, she's one of the best in the Media Biz. But the rethugs are setting this up so that Palin can't lose. It doesn't matter if Ifill's upcoming book is totally objective. The rethugs will spin it as Pro-Obama and the vast majority of white America will buy into the spin. Therefore if Palin does well, she did so in spite of a biased moderator. If she does poorly, its because of a biased moderator. They wil spin it that way regardless the moderator, but this gives their oop, the alley they were looking for.

She should bow out to avoid the right wing, nutso spin.

followup

BGOL Investor
Actually the best thing for her to do is go on with the debate as planned and show how stupid that blogger and others are. As usual, their tactics will backfire and team Obama/Biden will appear to be better than the rest

Blu Diablo

Promoter of Common Sense
BGOL Investor
LMAO @ white folks playing the race card yet again. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

She shouldn't moderate because she's black..and Obama is black. Wha?? GTFOH!

The craziest part is that these muhfuggas really tryna get people to buy into this shit.

revenge

Star
Registered
co got damn signed!!

-VG

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNote/story?id=3105455&page=1

Do you really believe that's his true position? Do you really believe his campaign will stop the spin? My original point is that Palin is a train wreck. No matter who the moderator is, the train wreck will show up. Just don't give them any reason to blame a train wreck performance on anything. Think strategically not emotionally .