Hollywood Legal WTF?! Polanski’s Rape Victim Defends Director, Telling His Wife: “What Happened Was Never A Problem”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

GettyImages-856705352-e1681560442336.jpg

Polanski’s Rape Victim Defends Director, Telling His Wife: “What Happened Was Never A Problem”​

By Caroline Frost

Caroline Frost

editor

More Stories By Caroline​

April 15, 2023 5:38am
Roman Polanski

Emmanuelle Seigner and Roman Polanski, 2017.Andreas Rentz/Getty Images
Samantha Geimer, who was raped by Roman Polanski when she was an under-age teenager, has once again spoken out denying that she is a victim – this time in an interview with Polanski’s wife, Emmanuelle Seigner.
Geimer, who was 13 when she was given alcohol and pills and raped by the French-Polish film director, told Seigner for an interview in Le Point magazine (translated by IndieWire) that what happened had “never been a problem for her.”
She said: “Let me be very clear: what happened with Polanski was never a big problem for me. I didn’t even know it was illegal, that someone could be arrested for it. I was fine, I’m still fine. The fact that we’ve made this thing up weighs on me terribly. To have to constantly repeat that it wasn’t a big deal, it’s a terrible burden.”

RELATED STORY​

Is Roman Polanski Rape Case Near An End? Here's Why It Has Taken 45 Years - Guest Column

In the interview, Geimer and Seigner agree on the limitations of the #MeToo movement, with Geimer calling out attorney Gloria Allred, saying she “just diminishes women to exploit their pain. I’m sorry but that is no defense.”
And they look back together on the 1970s when ““sex was recreational, sometimes transactional,” according to Geimer.
Seigner added, “I remember the time when I was starting to work. I became a model at 14 years old. All the girls, the models, slept with the photographers and I was no exception. But sex was something normal, a natural aspect of life. There wasn’t all this drama, all this darkness surrounding sex.”
Geimer expressed her belief that she had been turned into a victim, not by Polanski but by the media and legal attention she has received in the intervening decades.
“If someone had something to say about Roman, about any mistreatment, 1977 would have been a really good year to help me,” she told Seigner.
“Because with my family, we couldn’t even leave our house anymore! Everyone was attacking us. No one came to stand by my side and say: ‘Hey, you know what? I think she’s telling the truth because something similar happened to me.’ It’s not like the story was private, it was in newspapers around the world! But no, no one, not one of the women who, today, claim to have had a problem with Roman, took the trouble to contact me. And now, now that they have an urgent need to unpack everything? Who are they kidding?

“I’ve seen loads of people approach me saying they have the best intentions in the world and going: ‘Come, speak, the world wants to know, they want to know the truth.’ Except the truth is that they only have their careers and their TV shows in mind.”
Polanski has stayed away from the US since 1978. Charged with rape of a minor, he pleaded guilty to the lesser offence of unlawful sex with a minor but, after learning that the judge planned to reject this and impose a prison term, he fled to Europe. Several other women have since accused the director of raping them when they were teenagers, and an Interpol notice remains valid for his arrest.
He has since been Oscar-nominated five times, winning Best Director for The Pianist in 2003.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

GettyImages-856705352-e1681560442336.jpg

Polanski’s Rape Victim Defends Director, Telling His Wife: “What Happened Was Never A Problem”​

By Caroline Frost

Caroline Frost

editor

More Stories By Caroline​

April 15, 2023 5:38am
Roman Polanski

Emmanuelle Seigner and Roman Polanski, 2017.Andreas Rentz/Getty Images
Samantha Geimer, who was raped by Roman Polanski when she was an under-age teenager, has once again spoken out denying that she is a victim – this time in an interview with Polanski’s wife, Emmanuelle Seigner.
Geimer, who was 13 when she was given alcohol and pills and raped by the French-Polish film director, told Seigner for an interview in Le Point magazine (translated by IndieWire) that what happened had “never been a problem for her.”
She said: “Let me be very clear: what happened with Polanski was never a big problem for me. I didn’t even know it was illegal, that someone could be arrested for it. I was fine, I’m still fine. The fact that we’ve made this thing up weighs on me terribly. To have to constantly repeat that it wasn’t a big deal, it’s a terrible burden.”

RELATED STORY​

Is Roman Polanski Rape Case Near An End? Here's Why It Has Taken 45 Years - Guest Column

In the interview, Geimer and Seigner agree on the limitations of the #MeToo movement, with Geimer calling out attorney Gloria Allred, saying she “just diminishes women to exploit their pain. I’m sorry but that is no defense.”
And they look back together on the 1970s when ““sex was recreational, sometimes transactional,” according to Geimer.
Seigner added, “I remember the time when I was starting to work. I became a model at 14 years old. All the girls, the models, slept with the photographers and I was no exception. But sex was something normal, a natural aspect of life. There wasn’t all this drama, all this darkness surrounding sex.”
Geimer expressed her belief that she had been turned into a victim, not by Polanski but by the media and legal attention she has received in the intervening decades.
“If someone had something to say about Roman, about any mistreatment, 1977 would have been a really good year to help me,” she told Seigner.
“Because with my family, we couldn’t even leave our house anymore! Everyone was attacking us. No one came to stand by my side and say: ‘Hey, you know what? I think she’s telling the truth because something similar happened to me.’ It’s not like the story was private, it was in newspapers around the world! But no, no one, not one of the women who, today, claim to have had a problem with Roman, took the trouble to contact me. And now, now that they have an urgent need to unpack everything? Who are they kidding?

“I’ve seen loads of people approach me saying they have the best intentions in the world and going: ‘Come, speak, the world wants to know, they want to know the truth.’ Except the truth is that they only have their careers and their TV shows in mind.”
Polanski has stayed away from the US since 1978. Charged with rape of a minor, he pleaded guilty to the lesser offence of unlawful sex with a minor but, after learning that the judge planned to reject this and impose a prison term, he fled to Europe. Several other women have since accused the director of raping them when they were teenagers, and an Interpol notice remains valid for his arrest.
He has since been Oscar-nominated five times, winning Best Director for The Pianist in 2003.
Just because an abused person does not look at it as a crime, it does not mean it's not a crime: Polanski slept with a 14 year old, there is not way around that.

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
they out here talking about marrying at 12 not being a problem either. disgusting.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Who is 'they'?
Republicans.

West Virginia Republicans Block Child Marriage Ban​

According to Unchained At Last, 78 percent of marriages involving a minor are between an underage girl and an adult man
BY NIKKI MCCANN RAMIREZ

MARCH 9, 2023
west virginia capitol

The West Virginia Capitol on Jan. 17, 2020. JEREMY HOGAN/SOPA IMAGES/LIGHTROCKET/GETTY IMAGES
A WEST VIRGINIA bill that would have raised the minimum age to secure a marriage license to 18 was blocked by Republicans in the state’s Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday. As it stands, minors 16 and over may obtain a marriage license with parental consent, and children under the age of 16 must obtain an additional waiver from a judge.
The bill, which would have eliminated those exceptions and established 18 as the universal minimum age for marriage in the state, passed the West Virginia House of Delegates on March 1 in a landslide vote, with widespread support from Republicans.
Kanawha County Republican Sen. Mike Stuart, an opponent of the bill who helped secure it’s 9-8 defeat in committee, justified his vote by stating that his own mother married at 16 and gave birth to him six months later. “I’m the luckiest guy in the world,” Stuart said.
“I want to make it very clear that no one spoke against the bill,” tweeted Kayla Young, the Democratic delegate who sponsored the legislation. “They just made the clearly pre-determined motions and killed the bill. No one admitted why they think children as young as infants should be legally allowed to be married off.

Seven states have banned underage exceptions for marriage licenses, including New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania. Other states attempting to implement similar laws have been stymied by conservative lawmakers.
A comparatively soft proposal in Wyoming that would have raised the minimum age to 16 (with parental consent) sparked outrage from the state’s Republicans. The Wyoming Republican Party circulated an email that included an argument from lobbyists that since minors could get pregnant “marriage MUST remain open to them for the sake of those children.”

TRENDING​

Gordon Lightfoot, Canadian Folk-Rock Troubadour, Dead at 84​

The Next Front in the GOP's War on Women: No-Fault Divorce​

TikTok Influencer Jackson Mahomes Arrested for Sexual Battery​

Kiss’ Paul Stanley Has 'Thoughts' About Parents Who Support Kids’ Gender Identities​

According to Unchained At Last, a nonprofit devoted to ending child marriage in the United States, 78 percent of marriages involving a minor take place between an underage girl and an adult man. While conservatives in West Virginia are happy to pass laws allowing guns on college campuses, and attempt to ban gender-affirming care on the grounds of protecting the state’s youth, they seem perfectly comfortable maintaining legal loopholes that allow children to enter binding marriage contracts with adults.

MO Republican pushing trans care ban suggests 12-year-olds should be allowed to marry BY KACEN BAYLESS UPDATED APRIL 13, 2023 11:29 AM State Sen. Mike Moon, an Ash Grove Republican, right, hands doorkeeper Gil Schellman, left, copies of a proposed bill on Tuesday, March 7, 2023, at the state Capitol in Jefferson City, Mo. NICK WAGNER nwagner@kcstar.com JEFFERSON CITY A Missouri Republican state senator this week suggested that children as young as 12 should be able to get married as he pushes legislation that would ban gender-affirming care for minors. “Do you know any kids who have been married at age 12? I do. And guess what? They’re still married,” state Sen. Mike Moon, an Ash Grove Republican, said Tuesday evening in response to questioning by state Rep. Peter Merideth, a St. Louis Democrat. Moon made the comment during testimony in the House General Laws Committee over his bill that would ban all “gender transition procedures” for people under 18, which passed the Missouri Senate last month. Moon has attempted to frame his legislation as a way to protect kids as LGBTQ rights advocates call the bill an attack on the transgender community. The Republican state senator has been lambasted on social media for his comment, with many pointing out the inconsistencies between his views on child marriage and his legislation targeting transgender kids. “The fact that Missouri Senator Mike Moon said that 12 year olds can be married off to adults just sickens me,” Jess Piper, executive director of Blue Missouri, a group that fundraises for Democrats, wrote on Twitter. “My daughter is nearly 11 and still plays with Barbies and her baby dolls. We are living in a hellscape in Missouri under a GOP supermajority.” Missouri in 2018 passed a law setting the state’s minimum marriage age at 16, with the approval of one parent or guardian. The law’s passage came after The Star revealed that Missouri had the nation’s most lenient marriage law for 15-year-olds. It previously allowed children even younger to marry with a judge’s approval. Activists have argued that the Missouri law still doesn’t go far enough, leaving thousands of 16- and 17-year-olds open to the kind of abuse, poverty, helplessness, lack of education and exploitation that often accompany child marriage. Moon, a hard-right member of the state Senate known for his extreme views and comments, voted against the marriage bill when he was a member of the House. Merideth on Tuesday had pointed out Moon’s vote against the marriage bill, saying it was inconsistent with his claim of protecting kids through legislation that would ban gender-affirming care. “You voted no on making it illegal for kids to be married to adults at the age of 12 if their parents consented to it. You said, actually, that should be the law because it’s the parents right and the kid’s right to decide what’s best for them — to be raped by an adult,” Merideth told Moon. This story has been updated to correct the spelling of state Rep. Peter Merideth’s last name. This story was originally published April 12, 2023, 2:57 PM. KACEN BAYLESS (816) 234-4207 A reporter for The Kansas City Star covering Missouri government and politics, Kacen Bayless is a native of St. Louis, Missouri. He graduated from the University of Missouri with an emphasis in investigative reporting. He previously covered projects and investigations in coastal South Carolina. In 2020, he was awarded South Carolina’s top honor for assertive journalism.

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article274244525.html#storylink=cpy

And theres alot more. And all of them are REPUBLICANS :fuckyousay: :smh::puke:

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
She was more than likely paid off. What he actually did to her was far worse than what was originally reported.