Hollywood Legal: So ummm seriously, Harvey Weinstein doesn't have any balls #metoo

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm surprised but not really to be honest.

While I absolutely think he's a rapist I also am concerned that his conviction seemed to not be based on actual evidence but the word of the accusers.

I'm glad he went to jail and think he deserves it but seeing someone convincted of rapes which occurred so long ago without definitive proof is alarming to me.

While I absolutely think he's a rapist I also am concerned that his conviction seemed to not be based on actual evidence but the word of the accusers.

That's the part that is concerning. I remember reading some of the coverage of the trial in a few tabloids.

It seemed like many of the accusers were aware of the rumors about how Harvey Weinstein might conduct business.

So, I was always confused as to why various women would meet with him in a private setting to conduct business?

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

That's the part that is concerning. I remember reading some of the coverage of the trial in a few tabloids.

It seemed like many of the accusers were aware of the rumors about how Harvey Weinstein might conduct business.

So, I was always confused as to why various women would meet with him in a private setting to conduct business?

I agree that some of the accusers probably were aware of the rumors but to be fair I can also see them conducting business with him in private settings, including hotels, without any intention of sleeping with him and believing they weren't in danger.

Those types of meetings (private, not in conventional office settings) seem to be common in entertainment even amongst people who don't get down like a Weinstein.

The reality is that the allure of fame/wealth/success can be blinding unfortunately which is why the shit he got away with will continue to occur.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree that some of the accusers probably were aware of the rumors but to be fair I can also see them conducting business with him in private settings, including hotels, without any intention of sleeping with him and believing they weren't in danger.

Those types of meetings (private, not in conventional office settings) seem to be common in entertainment even amongst people who don't get down like a Weinstein.

The reality is that the allure of fame/wealth/success can be blinding unfortunately which is why the shit he got away with will continue to occur.

On Friday, Ms. Mann told the jury she was raped on March 18, 2013, in a room Mr. Weinstein had booked at the Doubletree Hotel on Lexington Avenue in Midtown Manhattan. That morning, she said, she had arranged a breakfast meeting at the hotel with Mr. Weinstein and two of her friends in the film industry.

Agreed, and what you stated is probably true about the private meetings.

However, Jessica Mann (a witness in the formal complaint) met him in the lobby of the hotel (there was a breakfast schedule in the lobby of the hotel with a few others).

Harvey Weinstein enters the hotel, tells her he is going to get a room, gets a room and tells Mann to follow him upstairs.

Rotunno then turned to the alleged rape at the Doubletree Hotel in Manhattan on March 18, 2013, the incident for which Weinstein is formally charged. She flew to New York from LA for a meeting with the mogul along with her friend Thomas, but went to his room alone.

'Knowing what happened to you in multiple other hotel rooms, you thought the best place to go was up to the room?' Rotunno charged.

Mann replied: 'I thought the best place to go where at least where he would listen to me was somewhere in private.'
When asked, 'You made the choice not to walk out the door and go up to the hotel room?' Mann replied 'It was a choice I felt I had to obey.'

Mann described her dynamic with the movie mogul as one where she was obliged to 'obey and jump.' She said it felt like Weinstein was pulling a 'bait and switch' and that Weinstein would demand 'payment' with sex.

Rotunno wondered out loud 'payment for what?' because Mann did not have any movies in the works.

Mann said: 'He just wanted to use me.' Rotunno asked: 'And you let him?' and Mann indicated she did.

That's when Rotunno accused Mann of manipulation and she conceded it was 'How I handled it and survived it, I guess you can say manipulation.'

A day after the alleged rape, Mann said she saw Weinstein in the lobby of the hotel and it was his birthday.

She said that 'probably' wished him a Happy Birthday and that he had brought his daughter Emma and wanted to have tea with her.

Mann said: 'We talked about Lana Del Ray and he said maybe I’ll have her make a song for one of my movies. Emma talked to me. I was very pleasant and tried to pretend nothing was wrong.'

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'm surprised but not really to be honest.

I'm glad he went to jail and think he deserves it but seeing someone convincted of rapes which occurred so long ago without definitive proof is alarming to me.
simply Jews looking out for a fellow Jew