A.I. is turning hip hop songs in to Soul/R&B and Disco songs.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
This AI shit... Smh. Trust me, this is too good. It's only a matter of time before they don't use people to put out new music
Was already done two years ago, but didn't take

But times have advanced way more over past two years

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Given that R&B, Soul, Funk and Disco are a part of Hip Hop's DNA it makes sense that you can easily turn back the clock and have these songs work so well, even when it comes to mumble or ratchet rap.

Personally I'd love to see a talented human give it a try.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Given that R&B, Soul, Funk and Disco are a part of Hip Hop's DNA it makes sense that you can easily turn back the clock and have these songs work so well, even when it comes to mumble or ratchet rap.

Personally I'd love to see a talented human give it a try.

I get it and this is a FASCIANATING experiment that should be pursued in the right way.

but ALL creatives need to be mindful as f**k about all this moving forward.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

HOLY SH*T

this is...

I got nothing...

I mean...

WTF

Imagine if Drake actually took this and did it?

LIVE with an actual BAND and directed it at Kendrick?

Would we hear all this AI complaining?

Or be too busy actually dancing for once and begging him to do an entire album like this and go on tour with the roots?

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They turned Knuck If You Buck into a disco/post-disco song

giphy.gif

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Based on:
Say Too Much - Kaliii feat. Young Nudy and I Can Tell by The 504 Boyz

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Like he tried to use Tupac voice without clearing it and they own that voice and said take it down

Same way Diddy got cute and didn't clear I'll be missing you with sting and now sting makes more money off that song than anyone who was on it lol

Hold on did Drake officially release it did he NEED to clear it?

What did he do different as opposed to what everyone else is doing with tupan AND his voice?

snoop reposted it on his own account.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Random:

Some of yall might be familiar with that City Pop trend that happened a few years back. City Pop became popular in part because it gave people a sense of "false nostalgia". You had kids born in the mid-2000s listening to City Pop playlists on YouTube and reported feeling like they were transported back to Tokyo circa 1983.

Part of that "false nostalgia" is because City Pop takes elements from Soul, R&B, Disco, Post-Disco, New Wave, Adult Orient Rock, Soft Rock and towards the late 80s, early 90s New Jack Swing and blends it all together. So when you listen to it, you get familiar sounds from people you never heard before, singing songs in languages you don't speak.

There is something similar with these songs but the human element that is present in Japanese City Pop is not there and it's quite noticeable, it's almost like an uncanny valley for audio.