Has clinton abandoned the black vote? Why won't they fight for it?

VegasGuy

Star
OG Investor
I had some family visit about a week ago and as it happens we began to talk about politics and political candidates. So the question hit the floor: Did the clintons just abandon the black vote? And I asked: Why won't they fight for it? In fact, that is something I've never seen them fight for the black vote.

She did the cursory show up at the black church. Even tried to sound like Rev. James Cleveland with her "no ways tirrred" stand up routine but that seems to have gone away. Or replaced by this desire to get the redneck vote.

Bottom line, the clinton campaign seems to no longer be courting us.

-VG

Zero

Star
Registered
I had some family visit about a week ago and as it happens we began to talk about politics and political candidates. So the question hit the floor: Did the clintons just abandon the black vote? And I asked: Why won't they fight for it? In fact, that is something I've never seen them fight for the black vote.

She did the cursory show up at the black church. Even tried to sound like Rev. James Cleveland with her "no ways tirrred" stand up routine but that seems to have gone away. Or replaced by this desire to get the redneck vote.

Bottom line, the clinton campaign seems to no longer be courting us.

-VG

I wrote a long assed essay back in 2004 about how I thought the Democratic party was going to cave in and ignore the black vote entirely. Bush had just awakened a base of "evangelical" rednecks that outnumbered the black voting base and the Dems felt they needed to get white votes from "someplace" to counteract that base because there were not enough black votes to counteract it and any OVERT attempt to gain black votes would loose an equal number of white votes. The ONLY way the black vote worked for the Dems (at that point) was an uncourted vote (any other vote actually earned in the black community was more damage than good for them). I think what Hillary is doing now is what the Dems planned all along, court the so-called "Archie Bunker" Dems (racist white union workers and others in middle America whose only beef against the party was it's "too far Liberal" leaning (meaning, get rid of the ******* and fags and I'll support you)), but Obama was the monkey wrench in the mix. The Democrats had every intention of reviving the "Dixiecrat" movement in this election cycle, but Obama fucked that up.

D-Nice 1

Star
Registered
She's playing the "numbers" game.

Like Zero pointed out, there are groups of whites that out number us and, being the calculating politician she and her husband be, they wrote us off for numbers that would give her the bump she needs.

What she IS counting on is if she's the Democratic Nominee, is that Black folks will STILL vote for her after she and Bill make the church rounds and makes nice or (maybe) pulls Obama in as a Vice Presidential candidate.

The latter is more likely than the former because Black folks are QUITE salty at them right now for their antics.

But, as of today, she could care less than a shit about what Black people are doing in these next three primaries.

It's my hope that we NEVER forget that shit either. :hmm:

D-Nice 1 (The Nice One)

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
. . . Black folks are QUITE salty at them right now for their antics.

But, as of today, she could care less than a shit about what Black people are doing in these next three primaries.

It's my hope that we NEVER forget that shit either. :hmm:

D-Nice 1 (The Nice One)
And thats putting it nicely.

QueEx

Fuckallyall

Support BGOL
Registered
I thought she did compete for the black vote, or at the least, a split, early in the race. She lost that contest early and rolled.