Funniest SNL Skit In Forever!!!

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting...
Eric Adams has been in the NYC public spotlight for years without SNL reducing him to a bad racial caricature.
And that skit wasn't funny even back in 2004 when it was called:

MV5BMTc5NDcxNjg5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDIyNzczMw@@._V1_.jpg

:dunno:

The chick is hot though.... ;)

Last edited:

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
Dude seems to have found his lane.
Adams gives him job security, NBC already loves him.
He on weekly with that spot on the 'Kenan' series.
I was gonna say he can play someone besides the bumbling idiot,
but his take on Adams has the bumbling idiot with the Adams dialect attached.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That stereotypical bullshit was about as funny as a train wreck. I guess one bug-eyed minstrel like Kenan Thompson coonin' it up and makin black people look like ignorant clowns for white people's amusement wasn't enough for SNL. :angry:

Lattimore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude seems to have found his lane.
Adams gives him job security, NBC already loves him.
He on weekly with that spot on the 'Kenan' series.
I was gonna say he can play someone besides the bumbling idiot,
but his take on Adams has the bumbling idiot with the Adams dialect attached.

Brash. He played the exaggerated version well.

neoafrican

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ideologically it was reducing Adams to a stereotype. Straight bullshit. Do not approve.

Creatively, it was his best work. He was literally shining in a way I haven’t seen before. I did laugh…

When the going gets tough in NYC, NBC is going to trot him out for cooning. Except then the skit will be tired and I’ll be embarrassed for him. Expect him to be Eric Adams in a dress is less than two years… I hope I’m wrong.

The Urkel skit was funny as well.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some of ya'll dudes have 0 funny bone. Everything is oh its stereotypical, its cooning. No the fuck it ain't!! I'm from Brooklyn NY, listening to Adam's talk, I hear a voice i heard in the hood all my life. So to hear dude impression of him like in an unfiltered style, its probably dead on to how he speaks off camera. Side Note, Soul Plane was bullshit.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Although it was some ghetto stereotyping bullshit, it still had it's funny parts.

They could have done that skit without some of the derogatory stuff in it.

blaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some of ya'll dudes have 0 funny bone. Everything is oh its stereotypical, its cooning. No the fuck it ain't!! I'm from Brooklyn NY, listening to Adam's talk, I hear a voice i heard in the hood all my life. So to hear dude impression of him like in an unfiltered style, its probably dead on to how he speaks off camera. Side Note, Soul Plane was bullshit.
Crazy thing is that people on here calling it cooning. I hate that shit. That man is a comedic actor. When you see him on screen he is trying to be funny. When they imitate a politician, that shit is always over the top. Shit, they started the episode with Joe Biden telling people to stop watching Spiderman! I think that's some slave mentality shit to not allow a brotha to do the same shit and just let both of those things be funny....if they are funny.

Some of that shit is just the Ho Tep cats in here talking they shit.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"I been a police officer for 70 years....."

"I been a police officer for 222 years....."
:lol::lol::lol:

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
i thought it was funny
but if everyone that thought it was a sterotypical...did ya'll see the OG press conference

dude said Swag was what NYC was missing to get over COVID and always talking bout how long he was a cop...mix that with an NY accent (which he has) and the rest of the skit wrote itself
comedy is about taking a grain truth and turning the volume up

btw Adams liked the skit...

comedy is very subjective but i enjoyed it
and this episdoe might've been Chris Redd star making moment with this sketch and the Urkel sketch

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
i thought it was funny
but if everyone that thought it was a sterotypical...did ya'll see the OG press conference

dude said Swag was what NYC was missing to get over COVID and always talking bout how long he was a cop...mix that with an NY accent (which he has) and the rest of the skit wrote itself

and this episdoe might've been Chris Redd star making moment with this sketch and the Urkel sketch
utterly disgusting.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i thought it was funny

Most would need to see the or press conference to get it. I didn’t see it so I didn’t laugh like those who saw it.

Still some spots got a chuckle so I get it.