Florida cop’s curbside breakfast with homeless man goes viral: 'He was gracious enoug

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Florida cop’s curbside breakfast with homeless man goes viral: 'He was gracious enough to eat with me'
ocala28n-2-web.jpg

A Florida cop’s impromptu breakfast date with a homeless man has gone viral.

Ocala Sgt. Erica Hays bought a Dunkin Donuts sandwich and a cup of coffee for a hungry homeless man — and then plopped down next to him on the curb to eat alongside him.

Photos of the touching meal, snapped by a driver stopped at a red light, have been shared thousands of times on Facebook.

Hay, a 20-year police veteran, said she had just finished a morning meeting at police headquarters and ran to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. On her way, she saw the man sitting on a curb next to a gas station.

The policewoman decided to grab an extra sandwich and coffee at the chain in case the man was still there on her walk back.

He was.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4376981626001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>
I didn’t have anyone else to eat breakfast with that morning either,” she said on “Fox & Friends” Monday. “He was gracious enough to eat with me as well.”

Hay said she knows most of the homeless people in Ocala, a central Florida city of 50,000 people about 30 miles south of Gainesville. However, this man was a stranger.

“He was hungry, and he appreciated it, and he’s a good person,” she said.

ocala28n-1-web.jpg

OCALA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Sgt. Erica Hay said she didn't know the man before she bought him breakfast.
While Hay and the man chowed down, a driver spotted the act of kindness. TiAnna Greene started taking photos of the touching moment and posted them to her Facebook.

“I don't know this officer, but, I admire her today and everyday (sic),” she wrote. “Although I was only blessed to witness less than 2 minutes of her kindness that definitely came from the heart, it truly made my morning!”

She continued: “Absolutely wonderful act of kindness that seemed to come naturally for her.”